NC Hacksaw is too effective in MAX duels

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Cryptek, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Xasapis

Hmm, really? Because I think it's exactly the opposite. NC maxes got a rather hefty buff into their effective range. They are already twice as good as VS maxes in effective damage.
  2. Purg

Based on what?
  3. Dkamanus

People keep failing to realize. If there's a buff to small weapons resistance, the NC MAX is the one that'll benefit the most out of it, since NOW, not only we'll be able to annihilate infantry that tries to kill us, but YOU won't be able to annihilate OUR infantry which, in any case, will murder you. It's a bad idea all together and something else must be done.

If they deal some nerfs to us, it won't be to the shotguns working, but something else. And even if it does, most NC MAXes worth their salt will still be splatting people at close range easily. They overnerfed the NC MAX at beta, so they know were the line is. For those who don't know, the NC MAX, in Beta, needed 2 scatter cannons to kill ONE infantry at close range. They know that the NC MAX is actually quite good, while the other two are "subpar" (most players want to have minigun shotguns it seems to work the way they work).
  4. Cryptek

I fail to see how making MAXes more bullet resistant will make VS/TR MAXes less capable of killing infantry?
  5. vooodooov

vooodooov said:
    “You all do realize that the introduction of smgs and the buff to Infantry held shotguns is a direct nerf to all max, but Scatter/Hacksaw got it the worst?”

Let me make it easy for you:

Max shotguns are the same as before.
    cqc small arms fire (not just medium -> very close range) got buffed quite significant with this patch.
    maxs shotguns are only usable at said range...

get it?
  6. Stigler

Daily reminder NC Max is fine.

Leave it be.
  7. Apis

Lets try this:

You are a VS/TR soldier and you have a dual scat/hack MAX defending an enclosed capture point. How do you kill it?

1. Throw 5 HA's with decimators at it and hope all hits land. That's given the case that all HA's get their shots off before being insta-killed and that the MAX does not have NC infantry support.

2. Pull light assault (Or another class w/ 2x C4) and hope to sneak up behind the scat/hack and get BOTH C4 down. Usually I die before I can get the second C4 down(Insta-kill). If the MAX has flak armor the effectiveness of C4 is decreased. Most people can attest that NC MAXes aren't easy to sneak up on- once you're seen your instantly dead.

3. Send three MAXes at him. Scat/hacksaw takes one down instantly, and possibly the second one depending where his reload is at. The third SHOULD take him down. This is all assuming the NC MAX has no infantry support.

4. 3 Grenade bandolier certified infantry throw all the grenades they have and hope they take down the MAX, or at least get its health down so they can work on it with small arms. MAX sprint is an easy exit for this counter. Usually the grenade order goes out after we've lost all hope of holding the facility (<4 Scat/Hack MAXes with infantry squad support holding SCU/Shield Gen + the capture points).

Maybe I could use some advice on this subject. I'd like other NC MAX experts to contribute other strategies.

In summary, the dual Scat/Hacksaw NC MAX requires way more resources to take down than all other faction MAX suits. No other MAXes demand the type of counter that NC MAXes do. NC argue that TR/VS are good at range, so if it comes down to increasing NC MAX ranged effectiveness and decreasing CC effectiveness than so be it (Hard mechanics to pull with w/ shotguns though). What other MAX requires half a squad to take down? Not the mention that when you have more than 5 MAXes in an area (w/ infantry support) their combat effectiveness multiplies because reload time leaves the equation (Rely on other MAXes during reload+ they cover more area- preventing light assaults from sneaking in).

BTW- Is it reasonale to say that we just shouldn't be able to win against NC in biolabs? Also, Why do TR/VS MAXes have a TTK and the NC MAX is instant kill? Oh yea- the reload. So you have to reload after killing 6 people- QQ
  8. Curse_Gamerkin

Buff TR max and VS max, that is all.
    • Up x 2
  9. Dkamanus

Compared to the NC MAX, since we also carry ALL small weapons, I won't even change to AV to kill other MAXes, since the infantry with rockets and C4 can deal with VS and TR just fine, while having difficulty in killing the NC MAX at close range, which is something only happens in biolabs.

Hopefully higby might pull the numbers on MAX vs. infantry kills and stuff and show that your MAX might kill a little less then ours.
  10. TintaBux

I come out on top against the NC max, with TR & VS max, so don't understand complaining, just more nerfs to NC?
  11. Curse_Gamerkin

Since when have they nerfed the NC? i just hear about them getting buffed and crying for more buffs.
  12. japro

The thing kinda is that the NC MAX weapons are essentially equivalent to the regular shotguns in terms of speed and damage (spread and recoil might be different). Just that MAXes can have two of them obviously... So it would be kinda weird if the max guns would be nerfed to be individually worse than a regular infantry shotgun, right?
    If only one faction had access to shotguns there would be the exact same complaining about that I assume. It seems hard to "fix" the situation (not sure if it needs fixing) without just giving all factions all types of MAX guns.
  13. Master

I love biolab fights and the scat max are ruining them. VS / TR biolab fights are fun and actually feel EVEN. Nothing seems OP. When a scatmax comes into play, that goes out the window.

How to balance scatmax:

Scat max needs to be SEVERELY nerfed against other maxs.
    Leave Scat Max DMG against regular infantry, as it is. It still very "instant gib" but I can understand that.

This will cause scat maxs to not ALWAYS roll the pure scatmax and own entire biolabs with everything. They will actually need to think about getting an AI/AV max.

VS max with AI/AV gets decimated by scat max. It's just too much.

Max can also close the distance quickly...so they can sprint in your face and you can't do anything about it. This goes hand and hand with "if you die by scat max, its your fault" yeah....not really. They are just a little TOO good against the max.
    • Up x 1
  14. Stigler

Daily Reminder that the NC Faction NC Max is fine.

Stop trying to make everything equal, its faction balance not max vs max balance.
  15. Pikachu

Yesterday I was at an outpost and I killed 2 vanu maxes with my double hacksaw. Made me think of this thread.
  16. Cryptek

Daily reminder that Stigler spams his opinion based on nothing but personal preference.
    • Up x 1
  17. Stigler

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion as are you. My opinion is based on playing the game Planetside 2 with the realization of Faction Balance not Max vs Max balance. I like the NC to have something going for them, the Vanguard is certainly not equal to the Prowler yet.

Why is there a whole thread on the dual Mercy being best all around AI? Why cant NC have best CQC, they nerfed slugs for NC last patch. And the NC Max requires a lot of certs, to not get caught with its pants down, the other two Max AI can do fine on any of the AI base weapon magazines.

Plus if they Nerf the NC Max then buff the VS we are looking at the same mass crying on the forums like the Mag nerf and Prowler buff, and I believe these threads take away from them focusing on the metagame and the fact the continents are still not balancing out. How will you ever know if the combined arms is balanced if you have fights of 1 platoon vs 2 platoons?

I will continue to post Faction Balance until more understand it.
  18. Arcanum

SOE doesn't do this "Faction Balance" you're talking about. Not intentionally. Snap out of it.
  19. Cryptek

Notice: There is one thread about the Mercy..

There are and have been SEVERAL threads about the hacksaw being too effective. In fact it just so happens to be the most hotly debated topic on the entire MAX forum.

You can post all you want, but nerfing NC's fire rate down to TR/VS standards would mainly affect their killing power against other MAXes really, those things still instagib infantry.. However nerfing their refire rate, makes it take longer to down an enemy MAX, giving them time to do a 180 and hit sprint.
  20. DemonixELT