NC GD-7F vs AC-X11

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TR5L4Y3R, Aug 14, 2019.

1. TR5L4Y3R

errrrr yea guess i couldn´t pick any 2 weapons that are further appart from each other ....

too make it short ... which one is better for ease of use for a less skilled player weither one plays light assault or engineer or both? or should i rather just wait until i´m better at aiming as currently i´m using the default mercenary on the light assault were as i use the razor on the engineer ...

at the very least the ac-x11 feels easier to use adswise but has the disadvantage of low firerate and apearantly low bulletvelocity ... the gd-f7 .... .... it´s a little beast ... that may as well get hyperactively autonomous ..

taking the vx6-7 for my VS character was far less difficult a choice ..
  2. Liewec123

ease of use? definately gd-7f, its very TR, just spews bullets! :D
    personally though i prefer ACX-11 :)

if you play more LA than engi you should try Bandit, hits super hard and has a really tight hipfire cone with laser sight :D
  3. pnkdth

+1 on the Bandit. Similar to what you're already comfy with (the merc) too.
  4. Campagne

The GD-7F is a lot easier to use with the forgiving nature and great hipfire helps a lot when jetpacking. The AC-X11 is a fun decent gun, but the damage drop is still fairly harsh as it is just a carbine. It also serves a very unimportant purpose which the Merc or Razor can do just as well. For both LA and engineer I'd recommend staying away from the AC-X11.

Not to continue with the derailment of this thread, but the Bandit would be a good alternative to the GD-7F for LA as it shares a great hipfire but also have 0.75x ADS and holds that nice NC high-damage charm without sacrificing DPS or combat capability. It would also run out of ammo much slower than the GD-7F, which can be a real life saver at times.
    • Up x 1
  5. ZDarkShadowsZ

Coming from a TR main to play NC, the GD-7F was my go-to weapon as it was quite similar to the TR's fast-firing weapons I was used to. The 10 less bullets in the mag however, is certainly noticeable and you're often caught with your pants down reloading if you're not careful.
  6. TR5L4Y3R

well i got to throw one in i forgot i even had cause it´s a free weapon ... thoughts on the tanto vs gd-7f and bandit?
    guess ac-x11 is out of the picture cause the razor kinda fills its role and is more friendly and quick to reload ...

NC i mostly go for engineer while occassionaly playing LA

i primarily go LA when VS ...
  7. DarkStarAnubis

What the usual engagement range/play style? That would make the choice.

The GD-7F is more suited for close range, pray-and-spray activities.

The AC-X11 instead is a pure long-range/perching-and-waiting weapon.

Anyway I would go for the Razor over the X11 any day of the week. It has better RoF and more ammo, so it is more versatile and easier to use.

Wiith the X11 if you miss a shot or two at range the target will be able to find cover since it's RoF is really low.
  8. Eternaloptimist

I find GD-7F great for close quarters but lacking the accuracy and medium range effectiveness of the Bandit. Bandit for Engie and GD-7F for LA is my default loadout
    • Up x 1
  9. Liewec123

another fun option for engi is the Gauss Compact S, a tiiiiiny bit behind the other options above in terms of raw stats,
    (practically unnoticeable in actual gameplay imho)
    but it also gives you access to Underbarrel Grenade Launcher,
    which as an engi can be some hilarious fun since you have infinite ammo,
    its a cert printing machine for choke points!
  10. AllRoundGoodGuy

Or, you could win my dropping everyone's frame rates with smoke spam.
  11. Liewec123

I HATE smoke spam, imho everyone on both sides should hunt the smoker and kill em! Since it is a pain in the A for both sides.