NC decoy flare price

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Metsuro, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Gobla

For that price our flares better have in-built stereos blasting our OST and explode into nuclear mushrooms at the end of it...
    • Up x 2
  2. Drsexxytime

If this is correct for no reason then I can see why people get so frustrated as NC. Much of their infantry weapons need to be looked at because their "damage advantage" is absolutely meaningless in this game as the gameplay is designed. When you get two shots off with your starting LMG and a VS can just turn to look at you and light you up because your bloom is out of control + the RoF disadvantage there's a problem. When they get 6 connections before you score the 4-5 after you initiate, there's a problem, and not that it's user error.

Now we have a cert cost discrepancy as well? That's just wonderful...
  3. Metsuro

http://imgur.com/a/q9hQk#0
    • Up x 2
  4. RavenGenesis

no it should create a sound burst of "'Merica, F yeh", everytime we pop it
    • Up x 1
  5. Chenjesu

Just like this thread, mebe the other threads are speaking some sort of truth?
  6. mrguyjoe

Bumpy nump thumps in the grump stumps.
  7. Josh Developer

The team is aware of the pricing issue.
  8. Metsuro

Thank you my good sir. I may now cry in shame, until the issue is fixed as I wish for more ranks in flares.
  9. mrguyjoe

But I like bumping with rhymes....
  10. Josh Developer

Don't cry. Take your vengeance out in game.
    • Up x 2
  11. Azurewind

WHAT!?

You just blew my mind.

I knew these certs seemed absurdly expensive compared to every other cert in the game, but I had absolutely no idea that the NC were getting straight up shafted in the price compared to the other empires.
  12. Metsuro

Actually quick question. Since this is an oversight it seems. If someone bought the higher tiers at the current prices. Will they be refunded?
    • Up x 1
  13. RavenGenesis

i cried for those who actually spent their certs in NC flares above rank 1
    • Up x 1
  14. Metsuro

If they dont get refunded I'd be upset. They could have maxed out rocketpods or the nose gun more... Or even more air frames!
    • Up x 1
  15. RavenGenesis

i doubt there's a refund... since if they start 1 refund, they'll create the precedent for it.. and that's something they wouldn't want to put time and effort into... they'll just call it a "nerf" to cert pricing and leave it at that... look at LA80, NC's sniper... it had its velocity dropped to put the longshot as a higher tiered weapon... not a single refund was given, term was "putting LA80 on par with TR/VS equivalents"
  16. Metsuro

Ya but most people bought the LA80 with SC not certs. So its in a weird spot.
  17. RavenGenesis

which is even more of a case of no refunds on certs... look at composite armor nerf on air defense slots...
  18. Metsuro

But we arn't talking about a nerf to the effectiveness. But a nerf to the cost of the item.
    • Up x 1
  19. Azurewind

Precisely.

So glad I didn't use the 2 thousand certs I gained over the double XP weekend on flares like I had originally planned. I'd be even more ticked off than I already am.

If this case doesn't warrant a refund of the difference in certs, I don't know what does.
  20. Hashi

Thanks for the help there dev. Please tell me more about how you guys didn't need another month or 10 for the closed beta...