NC - Cyclone VS Blitz

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by oTec, Jul 21, 2015.

1. oTec

I have saved a thousand certs and now i find myself burndend with a difficult choice : Cyclone or Blitz
    Smg will mainly be used on my CQC infiltrator but might become a CQC weapon for more then 1 class like LA (since the AF-19 merc does fare well with a suppressor).
    I've used both in the VR and in the field. In the VR i notice that cyclone preforms well with both Adv laser and Ext mags - soft point - silencer and the blitz also work well with adv laser + soft point + silencer.
    I do prefer hipfire and strafing opposed to the ADS CQC wich i need to do with my Gauss saw.
  2. Mikey Two Guns

Cyclone is the better weapon for your CQC infiltrator, and it is probably the best SMG in the game. But the Blitz is very good too if you want a hipfire weapon.

For the Cyclone, I recommend 1x Reflex, Ext. Mag, and SPA. The ALS seems nice for hipfiring, but in practice the Ext. mag will prove more useful; enemy MAXs do require lots of bullets to take down. As a CQC infiltrator, you will be aiming down sights as you ambush enemies anyways.

For the Blitz, I recommend 1x Reflex, ALS, and SPA. In my opinion, it is outright better than TR's Hailstorm (aka Failstorm). For a hipfire playstyle, this is your weapon. Just remember to aim for the head while hipfiring!

Overall, try the Cyclone first. It is the SMG that makes TR and VS players rage the most on forums and reddit!
    • Up x 3
  3. breeje

cyclone is the best smg of all empires and the blitz have the honorable second place, you can't go wrong with them
    i prefer the blitz for it's hipfire and higher ROF
    you can also equip the laser without losing the extra bullets
    • Up x 1
  4. Larkaywatt

I've managed to get the Generation 1 SMGs for the TR and VS (Armistice and Eridani) and I must say, they are absolutely wonderful. Compared to my Blitz, they blow it out of the water. Working off of my experience with the other Gen 1 SMGs, I'd probably go for the Cyclone with Extended Magazines (25 rounds goes by quickly), and SPA and a 1x sight.
    • Up x 1
  5. oTec

Thanks for the feedback, probaly gone go in the VR again and test the cyclone out in the field again before buying. Tested them both on the battlefield already and noticed that sometimes, with the blitz, you ambush an enemy and then they still sometimes have time to slip in cover and then come out blazing. The TTK on the cyclone is a bit lower i assume so maybe this would help.
  6. oTec

Also, is the cyclone a good option for other classes like LA / HA?
  7. breeje

yes but don't use it on your HA, or i will be hunting you down :cool:
    HA+ cyclone = OP in CQC
    • Up x 1
  8. Mikey Two Guns

Generally, SMGs are mostly optimal for Infiltrator and HA. This is because LA, Medic, and Engineer classes already have great CQC options within their carbine and assault rifle assortments. Namely, the NC have the Bandit and GD-7F for CQC carbines, and the GR-22 and Carnage for CQC assault rifles. These will work better than an SMG because they have much more effectiveness at medium range in addition to their close range effectiveness.

That said, using the Cyclone on those classes isn't a terrible idea either. Go ahead and do it if you don't intend to buy CQC carbines and assault rifles anytime soon.

I highly recommend trying the Cyclone on your HA loadout. It is very OP and causes many VS and TR to become upset. ;)
    • Up x 1
  9. Iridar51

HA = OP, Cyclone has nothing to do with it ;)
  10. breeje

i know i was joking :D
    but the cyclone and blitz are fine weapons
  11. Iridar51

They sure are. While the Cyclone is edged out in some areas by Armistice and NS-7, I still believe it's a strong option and an interesting, unique weapon. And Blitz is simply the best high capacity SMG.
    • Up x 2
  12. Maxence822

On infiltrator, basically, use the cyclone if you can aim well (fastest TTK if aiming for the head) and use the blitz if you can't aim. I've almost auraxiumed my cyclone (40 kills left to go!) and have tried the blitz twice using the trial option (I got to the gold medal using only the trials lol :p).
    • Up x 1
  13. Maxence822

And now that they're buffed the infil cloak (making it less visible) I am very excited for the possibilities!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  14. breeje

don't get you hopes up
    as a infil you will be running or crouching this stays the same

Infiltrator Cloaking Pass
    • Infiltrator cloaks now have additional states based on movement.
      • Crouching no change
      • Crouch walking is now much less visible
      • Standing is now less visible
      • Running is slightly less visible
      • Sprinting, no change
  15. oTec

How does the NS7-PDW preform comparing to the cyclone, since the big part of the posts prefer the cyclone.
  16. Mikey Two Guns

NS7-PDW has much lower close range DPS than all other SMGs, but it has a better damage profile at medium range. And it is relatively more accurate. The NS7-PDW outperforms the other SMGs, including the Cyclone, at 20m+. Essentially, its an SMG that tries its best to be a carbine.

The NS7-PDW is a very niche weapon, and it doesn't really provide much to infantry classes that already have access to carbines, assault rifles, and LMGs. It's definitely useful for infiltrators that are keeping their enemies at 20m out or further, but I feel that this play-style is shaky at times. Regardless of how well I aim and catch my enemies flat-footed, I still struggle to kill enemy HAs single-handedly with the NS7-PDW.

Stick with the Cyclone for now. Being fast and deadly within 20m+ is most important, in my opinion. If you burst fire the Cyclone just right, you will be able to hit and kill enemies at medium range satisfactorily.
    • Up x 2
  17. oTec

Alright, cyclone it is. Thanks for all the feedback
  18. Ximaster

In my experience,the only viable two states of cloak when u need to kill was: crouch cloak (staying quiet) and crouch walking cloak (approaching to ur enemyes) the other states makes u an obvious target in cqc. I tryed to kill with the Underboss,and i get 1 kill,but since my playstyle was since i test the Blackhand,now i always try to kill in medium to long distance,so this changes maybe dont affect me. The only moments i used the crouch walking cloak mode in battlefield with the Blackhand was in obvious close range targets,others i killed from long distance.
  19. Ximaster

I forgot to tell u in battlefield,NS PDW can be used on all factions on all chars u have :p
  20. breeje

yes as a stalker and for a stalker this is a good buff
    for the sniper maybe i don't know
    for the smg infil they only run or crouch, for them this update is of no meaning