NC CQC LMG

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by BlackSteel97, Jan 21, 2015.

1. BlackSteel97

Hey forumside, help me decide between these two LMGs for CQC: the Anchor or the EM1
    I'll get ALS and SPA for any of both.
  2. vanu123

Jackhammer.....
    • Up x 1
  3. BlackSteel97

I know the Jackhammer, but I want a lmg
  4. Eternaloptimist

I think the only place where the EM1 offers any advantage to the NC Heavy is in CQC because of its higher fire rate the the 167 damage guns. I find it works well enough in that role but as soon as the bads are further away than across the room I wish I had anything else. Don't know the Anchor but I guess the decider is rate of fire and I imagine the lower damage EM1 beats all the other LMGs. But have you considered the Cyclone SMG? I'm saving up for one as others say it is like having a carbine if you use the right attachments (and carbines are the ultimate CQC weapons).
  5. Xasapis

This is how your fellow NC perform with those two weapons:

7236 - LA1 Anchor | KPH | Daily Average: 46.14
    7232 - EM1 | KPH | Daily Average: 27.88

7236 - LA1 Anchor | KPU | Daily Average: 26.58
    7232 - EM1 | KPU | Daily Average: 12.46

I believe the answer is obvious.
    • Up x 2
  6. Onhil

For my NC alt I use the EM6, but thats only becuase I wanted to use a 100 magsize weapon since VS don't actually have good ones with that magsize.

I'm pretty sure the Anchor performs better than the EM6 since it has a quicker reload, muzzel velocity and has better cone of fire crouched, standing and moving
  7. Xasapis

If you're looking for an EM6 replacement, how do you feel about the Polaris?
  8. Onhil

I'm not really looking for a VS one as an replacement since I'm 351 kills away from the Betelgeuse.
  9. Xasapis

Betelgeuse is just an Orion without attachments and a smaller ammo pool. I thought you wanted a big magazine size, my bad.
  10. _itg

I agree the Anchor is the better choice, but those stats are highly exaggerated, since the EM1 is the new player quiz reward and the Anchor is 1,000 certs. In other words, newbies are dragging down the EM1's stats a lot.
  11. Xasapis

Not really. Check the Q4 KPU, doesn't change much.
  12. _itg

Free weapons typically appear to underperform by KPU, even at high BRs, because non-dedicated users are much more likely to pull them. If a BR 80 who plays almost exclusively engineer switches to HA for 5 minutes and gets 2 kills with his EM1, he just dragged down the EM1's Q4 KPU, and it has nothing to do with the quality of the weapon. On the other hand, if you spend 1,000 certs on an Anchor, you're probably going to use it a lot. This is one reason so many people frown upon the use of KPU as a performance metric.
  13. Xasapis

That, and it doesn't support our argument in this case, it seems. Perfectly valid otherwise when it suit us.

I'd use KPH for Q4, but we are not given the option. Doesn't matter in any case, unless you want to argue that Anchor is worse than EM1.
  14. Mongychops

That could be correct, as far as I can tell. The; Polaris, EM1, and T16 Rhino are broadly the same gun, however, the TR and NC versions are given out with the quiz, whereas the VS get the Pulsar LSW instead, leading to the following average BR:

http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=q4kpu&weapon1=7232&weapon2=7255&weapon3=7274

with the following Q4 KPU

http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=avgbr&weapon1=7232&weapon2=7255&weapon3=7274

However, IIRC the Polaris was still outperforming the other two even before the introduction of the class quiz. I believe it has a similar explanation as the GR-22 performing better than the HV-45. In that case, the easy availability of a short-medium range gun (Carnage from quiz or 250 certs) means NC only use the GR-22 when the situation was favourable for it, whereas for the VS there was no short-medium range gun until recently (Terminus, 1000 certs) and that is not in the quiz, or any weapon bundle, and costs 1000 certs. This means that the VS HV-45 performs relatively poorly, but the Terminus is, according to the performance stats, one of the best ARs in the game.

In the case of the Polaris / EM1 I believe that is because of the Orion meaning nobody uses the Polaris unless they really want to, whereas the EM1 gets a lot of NC players who are dissatisfied with the NC6 Gauss SAW starter weapon. The Orion effect is also visible on the NS-15M (though less obviously, since it is a 1000 cert weapon), where if you compare the performance metrics, even the same gun (NS-15M) performs usually best on VS, because the pattern of usage is different.
  15. Pfundi

I think you would stand a better Chance in CQC with an SMG or a Shotgun.
    I personally own the EM1, the GD22S and the SAW for LMGs.
    The EM1 is no CQC Weapon, nor a longe range weapon (even with its awesome bullet speed). It is a supressive LMG. 200 Shot magsize and a reload time so short, Terrans would sell their soul for.
    I never used the Anchor in real combat, but I think its pretty comparable to the GD22S (slightly better everywhere) and its nice for short-medium ranges. And its cheap. But i think even the Anchor will put you in a disadvantage when it comes to enemies with Orions or MSW-Rs.
    SAW and CQC? When you aren't a god at nailing headshots, forget it.
    There are some nice LMGs, some with good chances in CQC, but a Shottie (or the Jackhammer) or a SMG would suit CQC only better.
    The NS-7 is still pretty usable up to like 20m (I believe the bullet speed is 400m/s), but in that "see the white in his eyes" range it is inferior to, for example the Blitz or a shottie. But I freakin love it anyway. Just compare it to a CQC carbine usable on all classes.
    The Blitz is just too much SMG for a heavy (thats my opinion at least), and completely useless over 10m.
    I dont have the Cyclone yet, but seems to be awesome, and the pure stats would suggest it pretty usable to like 20m.
    For shotties I own the Mauler and Claw. But when you're looking for a heavy exclusive anyway, the Jackhammer is the way to go.
    If not, take the Mauler. It has everything I need.
    If it has to be an LMG I personally say EM1. It trades ROF n stuff for the ability to block hallways for 200 shots. And after that you need 3secs to be ready for combat again. (And I like that gun)
    Thats just what I say as Im pretty new as well (something like BR 33 on my NC). When you're more experiences just ignore me.
  16. NCstandsforNukaCola

Forget the EM1.
    Get the Cyclone.
    • Up x 2
  17. MAXArmar

This.
    • Up x 1
  18. Simferion

Get the Anchor. It's a wonderful CQC LMG and differently from a SMG or a shotgun you can use it at mid-range.
    • Up x 1
  19. Dinapuff

EM1 with ALS and SPA is a decent choice for point defence and hipfire. Anchor isn't that good unless you ADS with it.
  20. Erendil

The EM1 is not a very good CQC weapon. As a 143/652 weapon its TTK is just too slow to be truly competitive.

The Anchor is a much better choice. Server Smashes have shown everyone that the Anchor can hold its own in CQC w/ the Orion just fine while remaining superior at medium range. With SPA its TTK is w/in .02s of the Orion from 0-10m, and .06s faster from 10-15m. With ALS it has a comparable hipfire CoF to the Orion + Laser as well.

However, if you're looking for a hipfire weapon and don't limit yourself to LMGs, the Cyclone is a better choice for pure CQC. It has a faster TTK and tighter hipfire than either the Anchor or Orion, .75x ADS movement, and it's still fairly accurate out to ~60m or so - although its damage dropoff sucks.