Nasty Lock-down exploit ala ZOEADAD OPness

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fumblewatt, May 30, 2013.

1. Fumblewatt

So.. render distance does not render the lock-down max with fracture, therefor i cannot hit the max, but they can hit my vehicle with the full benefits of lockdown, negating any downside the ability has, and i will do no such thing as move my sunderer around! that would take effort on my part (and god forbid that i have to adapt to this,
    like the previous GU's), so SOE go ahead, this matches the ZOEADAD criteria and that is getting nerfed.

I'm well aware of engineer turret and that this applies to every infantry in the game, but lets just nerf one of the symptoms and not the disease, cause that would be illogical.
    • Up x 6
  2. WyrdHarper

It's a problem with all MAXes. This is what aircraft have been complaining about for months; Maxes render at the infantry distance of 300-400m, while vehicles can be hit by them 700-800m out. Maybe they'll do something about it (ha) in the Quality of Life patch.
    • Up x 4
  3. LonelyTerran

Except not being able to move and having a limited firing arc so you could of simply moved it behind cover.
  4. vaxx

Engi AV turret says "hi" .......... from 10000m away.
    • Up x 12
  5. Sowahka

If you think it's just Lockdown Fracture MAXes that do this... You're wrong. Vehicles have been getting hit by "ghost" enemies for ages, and it's incredibly common in large fights where infantry can see your vehicle long before they'll ever render for you. Ever parked your ESF for repairs and noticed that it's taking damage while you repair it, despite no sound effects going off or tracers appearing? Ever had random damage appear on your tank for no reason whatsoever?
    • Up x 1
  6. Leo Di Caprio

Welcome to planetside.

Something already broken does not count as an excuse to nerf it.
  7. KAHR-Alpha

Weren't MAXes given the same render distance as vehicles a few GUs ago after people complained they were impossible to find from aircrafts?
  8. Fenrisk

I am losing all respect for the Vanu on these forums due to posts like the above ^^^ First Vanu scream ZOE sucks on the test server and ZOE goes live over powered and then Vanu try say they had the weak max when player stats and GUN stats say otherwise. You have better AI weapons on your max then TR in terms of kills a hour. Comets are better then pounders by a mile and kill tanks faster then fractures while being able to instant gib infantry. Now we have this post saying the render distance issue is a lock down exploit. :rolleyes:

The render distance issue has NOTHING to do with lock down and a lock down max can't take anymore advantage of it then any other max in the game. Tanks/turret/infantry can fire from outside render range and hit. If you have zoom on your tank or infantry long range weapon you can hit targets outside of render better then any max and AV turrets are the kings of doing this!

ZOE needed a big fat nerf. DEAL with it. Max's were balanced around being slow. Not running around as fast as infantry or adading faster then infantry. That breaks max balance by a mile as their main weaknesses is being too slow to dodge rockets, C4 and tank rounds. Having a instant on/off speed/damage buff and 1 shotting infantry with comets while dodging rockets/C4/tank shells better then infantry is broken. Far more broken then a SCATMAX as at least we could C4/Rocket/Nade them and thats what TR learned to do. Use the one max weakness against them. A max with infantry speed has no weaknesses.
    • Up x 3
  9. Leo Di Caprio

That only happened in your mind.
  10. MFP_TK_01

10 kilometers. Our maps aren't even that large.
  11. Fumblewatt

Now check out what you actually quoted
    • Up x 2
  12. sam38

dude I instagibbed a 12/12 galaxy coming out of the amerish tr warpgate from the nc indar warpgate that's how op av turrets are I don't know what ur takin about ;p
  13. chrisbeebops

I'm not sure if they are the same distance as vehicles, but they were definitely updated to render further away than regular infantry.
    • Up x 1
  14. KAHR-Alpha

15. Fenrisk

I checked out your poor post. Your trying to compare max's moving at infantry speed or faster to a render distance issue and failing at it.
  16. Van Dax

Im just going to put this here and let you figure it out
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  17. Leo Di Caprio

You mean at the point they had to undo that because it was lagging the hell out of everyone, how long did it last? oh yeah, less than a month before "render distance" was fixed along with performance and maxes went back to their normal performance distance of render.

I think "in your mind" was right.

And if I remember correctly we still have that distance.
  18. gigastar

Apparently not or we would be having this thread, would we?
  19. Van Dax

But the point of the post is that they balanced an ability entirely because of an exploit rather than fixing the exploit, its not good no matter what you think of the ability. Nerfing to fix an exploit is a bad way to do things.
    • Up x 1
  20. Cinnamon

Welcome to how it feels to be TR armour playing against all the vanu infantry based av which happens to be all no drop unlimited range stuff.