Nano cloak or hunter

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Carl1879, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Carl1879

As the title says really, I have been playing around as an infiltrator allot lately and I like playing as an offensive silenced SMG type of player my preferred tactics are flanking ambushing with emp's, mines etc... I realized that I was relying more on using cover and intel provided by motion detectors than my actual cloak to begin engagements and I was only really using the cloak in emergencies or as a tool for rapid disengagement.

So what would you suggest my cloak should be I am leaning towards the nano for the small arms resists as I can usually begin the engagement on my terms so taking damage first is not usually an issue its normally after the engagement when I attempt to escape or lead my targets into an ambush that I start taking damage. The hunter would obviously be more useful in most situations but is the nano's dam res potential worth sacrificing some utility in your opinions?
  2. Ximaster

I think,in my opinion that u must update nano cloak if u go with SMG,close quarters means more damage than hunter sniper infiltrators,so hunter cloak for snipers paired with advanced shield capacitor (this is what i have) and nano cloak and nano armor for SMG infiltrators,but its my opinion,maybe a more expereinced player tells u other thing.
  3. Sharkasaur

Nano cloak is pointless, you can't shoot while cloaked, which makes the damage resist useless in a fight.

In theory it should be good for making escapes from CQC engagements gone wrong. But in reality after any fight gone wrong, assuming you were able to break LOS at all, you'll come out with precious little HP remaining. If you try to use nano cloak then the bonus is negligible because you just don't have enough HP to make the damage resist worth a damn.

In all other cases where cloak is used for concealment, nano cloak is a MUCH worse hunter cloak.
  4. Navron

Since the game has been in Alpha, I have not found a good reason to use Nano-Armor Cloaking.
  5. HamOnRye

Nano-Armor cloaking is sound in theory as the CQC get-away cloak. The problem is the huge fart sound is still present so the enemy still gets a audio indicator of your direction, which defeats the purpose of this cloak.

Removing the sound of the cloak would be a positive step in getting it to be used.
    • Up x 1
  6. MisterSlim

I'm probably the only sniper on all of Auraxis that uses the NAC for mid-long range sniping (it's a life of loneliness xD). The non-flashiness is nice for being hit by stray rounds. The damage res allows you to survive a countersniper's lucky headshot at a reasonable range. I have a very aggressive playstyle (on my NC, which is what I main these days), so my time-between-shots is pretty low, and I'm constantly moving, so my cloak cycles are relatively short (short enough to not really notice the difference in cloak time). Because of this, there's not really any reason for me to use Hunter over NAC, as my playstyle negates the drawbacks that are big issues to most players.

In short: If you're fast paced and aggressive, then give the NAC a try at mid-long range. You might be surprised how much you like it.

-Stay Frosty
    • Up x 1
  7. Carl1879

I have been trying both out and the NAC seems useful for the shield not flaring if I get into position drop a few people and use it to escape I occasionally take a bit of damage but the lack of a flare seems to help in keeping accuracy down, I don't really use it too much so the shorter duration doesn't make a difference and at close range they will hear any cloak anyway. The hunters length is useful if I am forced to hide for awhile but if I am in a situation where I need to hide for so long I am probably in trouble anyway. I know I am losing out 3-4 seconds of cloaky time but the 25% resists while cloaked seemed like a good trade of is there really so few who see this as viable.

I play the PS4 version so the in game item descriptions are a bit messed up/missing does the damage resist just apply to weapons fire or is it widespread. I have been dropping mines into groups of enemies and cloaking if I am too close for comfort just incase its widespread but wondering if its a futile gesture.

Edit - probably not the place for it but cant think where to put it but are directive weapons able to be equipped with attachments? a SMG with a heat mechanic instead of ammo and a silencer slapped on it sounds to good to be true.
  8. CuteBeaver

Im pretty sure Elusive and I also run NAC as well. (Though i probably don't count as I do not often snipe, but do use it for SMG too.) I use hunter with NS7-PDW and scouts.
  9. Jawarisin

I used to use NAC, but since they nerfed it to the ground, I find it to be worthless. I'm already running with Nanoweave armor, and since it doesn't stack anymore, all that cloak really does is bring it from 20% up to 35%. And although it is way better resist-wise, the extra utility of Hunter is worth more to me than an additional 15%.
  10. YusufHas123

Take a look at wrels loadout using the nanoarmour cloak
  11. Carl1879

Hmm hadn't seen that Wrel video he uses pretty much the same load out I do, I don't have any problems moving quick enough like he said PS4 players would though, accuracy is obviously lower with a controller than M/KB but that probably helps 360 movement with a cloak that doesn't flare seems to help throw off peoples aim.

I have settled on NAC for my SMG infil and hunter on my longer range stuff.
  12. Navron

I've always seriously disliked NAC because my the use (like what Wrel showed) doesn't really fit my play style. I should give it a chance while I'm still working on Auraxiuming SMGs though.