Nanite tick rate needs reducing or resource costs need increasing (pick one)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NinjaTurtle, Aug 7, 2014.

1. GaBeRock

Working as intended. If a faction has the resources, players, and coordination to pull, simultaneously, armour, infantry, and anti-armour, they deserve to defeat your infantry-only force. Try pulling air to counter their anti-armour, then hitting their armour with your armour.
  2. Axehilt

Definitely agree. It'll create way more interesting decisions if resources are tighter.
    • Up x 1
  3. GaBeRock

The problem is, armour's greatest enemy is infantry, due to a whole hose of OP infantry AV weaponry. If you pull anti-infantry weapons, you can just rely on freindly infantry (which you've freed up by taking down other infantry) to kill tanks.

The other problem is base vehicle shields- vehicles can just camp behind those and be totally unafraid of other tanks, and tpsimultaneously AV tanks can't go through them to flank enemies. This could be fixed by giving a GSD utility to all remaining fround vehicles.
  4. Halkesh

Bad idea.

Keep the 350 nanite cost, but add a 100 resource cost each time you accept a revive.

I agree with the OP : infantry should get more resource than vehicle/max.
    Own a vehicle or use a MAX should reduce the nanite income to 25-35, while infantry could have 50/min.
  5. NinjaTurtle

And this is the issue.

From my understanding the resource change was suppose to give consequences to what you choose to do. You could do one thing whenever you wanted so long as you had the nanites because of the lack of timers.

With everything being consolidated into one pool it meant you had to specialize more not jump from Tank < Max < Air < Tank < Max < Air as was possible before due to the pools being split

This can still be done easily because the tick rate is coming in to fast.

From how I understood the change was suppose to go it looks to have failed.

Or did I misunderstand the intention?
    • Up x 1
  6. JP_Russell

I feel like they shouldn't have pushed the new resource system out yet without having the nanite cap reduction as long as you're still using a MAX or vehicle.
  7. Forkyar24

how about neither.
  8. NinjaTurtle

How about you explain why?

I've explained why it's bad for the game.

Why is it good?
    • Up x 1
  9. Nepau

I kind of agree that they do need to revise the resource costs, and I'm expecting they will likely be doing tweaks in the upcoming weeks, because really they had no true way to see how it would play out from the Test server compared to live.

One thing I REALLLY hope they are thinking of doing with the new resource system is making it so that vehicles can have variable resource costs on load outs smiler to how infantry can be. It could be interesting to see how it would change if 1 max setup cost more resources then another, or a tank.

Infantry already can cost a different amount of resources depending on the loadout due to certain infantry items costing different, so if they translated that to other aspects it could help them greatly with properly balancing power with cost. I really don't want to punish a newbie with a stock tank just because a fully certed tank is 5 times more powerful.

Just as and example, What if a Vanguard/Magrider cost 25-50 more resources if they had extra ammo capacity on a gun compared to a stock gun with no upgrade. Would even a tiny change like that affect the Spam that we are seeing?
    • Up x 1
  10. Clay

Im playing maxside 2 atm. :(
  11. Crayv

A MAX cost 350 resources, at 50 resources a tick it will take 7 minutes to restore the resources to pull another one. That means if you happen to run out of resources and want to pull a MAX you will have to wait 7 minutes before you can pull another, and by 7 minutes that is 7 minutes without pulling any vehicles or even so much as using a medkit.

Before the patch if you certed into the timer you could pull a MAX rather often (not sure what the timer was at its final rank) but when you ran out of infantry resources you still had your stockpile of consumables to fall back on. That or you could just pull a tank or aircraft and do that while you waited and just cycle between all 3 resources constantly. Under the new system you can't do that, you can pull your vehicle of choice more often but once you are out of resources you are now stuck as infantry but not only are you stuck as infantry but you are stuck as infantry who doesn't want to use grenades and the like. For now when stuck as infantry you can play like normal because you do have those stockpiles.

Though I am looking forward to when some pilot comes on here crying because he got knocked out of the air one too many times and is stuck as infantry but can't afford a new ESF as he keeps throwing grenades and using medkits.
  12. Stigma

There are many things that need changing, but I think the gist of it is:

For starters (the easy changes stuff):
    - Much smaller resource ticks
    - Much larger resource pool
    = pull assets when its smart to do so, not just spam something out whenever you are full because you otherwise just lose resources.

Then also consider even further reducing passive resource gain but adding active resource gain on all support actions = cycles of "earn resources / spend resources". Have you been a good teamplayer? Good, now you can afford a tank or two. Enjoy! More actual control of your own resources and you have to think about how to best use them. Significantly less vehicles / MAX spammage.

-Stigma
  13. Leftconsin

Well, the skies are covered in ESFs right now. I'm ticking that one up to the fact that lock ons are currently bugged and only work 'when they feel like it' as well as resource replenishment rate.

I kinda like the fact that people are spamming MAXes. I understand I'm in a minority here in actually liking vehicle spam, but I think more vehicles and less infantry is healthy. It contributes to the grandness quality of the game because of the space those vehicles take up. It contributes to the team work part of the game because those MAXes need engies, and you probably want a buddy with a rocket launcher or C4 helping you take out all those MAXes. It also adds variation to the game so it isn't a bunch of people running around as Heavy Assault, or Medic if they are confident enough in their aim. It also is forcing more people to realize that when a tank column rolls up to your doorstep you should probably go to the nearest ridge and AV Turret them to death, which hopefully increases player intelligence in responding to these situations, which are now more common. It gives new pilots increased ability fly more. It gives new tankers more ability to learn the much easier tank tactics. It really increases SPM across the board because of all the vehicle kills now available due to the spam.

Sorry for the wall of text. I have a lot of reasons to like vehicle spam.