[Suggestion] Naming a Personal Vehicle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PYROxSYCO, Jul 26, 2015.

1. PYROxSYCO

Remember on Call of duty when you would hover your reticle over a vehicle it would say "Daisy" "Pop-gun" and have various other names? This was also done in real life as well.

Would a heavy vehicle orientated person actually put up $5-10 bucks to name their vehicle? You can have only one name per vehicle and to change it, it would cost another $5-10 bucks. Names could not have harsh language. When a reticle is moved over your vehicle it will say in quotes "BLUE BOY" all caps. I do not know if this should have a database or not since this is a custom feature. Though if you were to press Q over a name it should show the players actual name instead of the vehicles name. Here are some examples:

A flash named "SILVER"
    A galaxy named "BALOOGA"
    A tank named "LOOSE CANNON"
    A sunderer named "THE SHORT BUS"
    A ESF named "RIP FURY"

What would you say to this idea of customizing? What would you name some of your vehicles?
    • Up x 10
  2. UberNoob1337101

Hmmmmm... Seems OK, would bring more money to DBG and they would probably spend it on improving the game. Good idea.

And of course, I would name my vehicle “BEAMER OP“.
    • Up x 1
  3. ColonelChingles

Make it so that the name shows up on the death screen if I killed them in my vehicle.

And that I can assign one per loadout.

Then you have a deal. :D
    • Up x 1
  4. CorporationUSA

Damn good idea.
  5. FieldMarshall

Would be cool, but i hope they work on being able to change loadouts at ammo towers first.
  6. Ballto21

praise the opmer

and its brother, the golden mlgmer
    • Up x 1
  7. HomicideJack

Sounds like a great idea, though I doubt it'll ever get anywhere.

'Big Bertha' sounds like a fitting name for my Vanguard, considering I already call it that.
  8. PYROxSYCO

No, sadly, you can only have one name per vehicle, not one name per loadout. Why I want it that way is so that there are names to spare we wouldn't want "XXXBUSTERXXX769" that would drive some people away from the idea. The idea is like naming your vehicle as a pet. Unless your pet has multiple names, that would not work.
  9. ColonelChingles

But I like to think of my vehicles as multiple pets. I don't just have a pet Lightning. I have a pet AP Python, a pet Skyguard, and a pet Viper. Each one is rather different. The Python is sneaky. The Skyguard is barky and loud but harmless. And the Viper is absolutely overenthusiastic.

Finding one name for them all would be like giving the same name to three very different pets with very different personalities and needs. :p
  10. AxiomInsanity87

Sunderer - SwagMobile

Flash - SwagCoffin

Prowler - Heinz

Lightning - Why

Galaxy - SwagWhale

Valk - JustWhy

Liberator - IswearOnMeMumImGood
  11. SamReye

All this would do is help DBG earn more income and add more personality to vehicles. I see no reason why this shouldn't happen.
    • Up x 1
  12. PYROxSYCO

Although they have different play-styles to me you're just changing it's teeth.
  13. PYROxSYCO

Thanks for the upvotes. It means a lot to me.