Names and Factions (Some questions)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pingonaut, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Pingonaut

I recently returned to Planetside 2 (originally joined during Beta) and I've got some questions.

- Is there ever going to be a name change option, server change option?
    When I first joined the game I made my main character NC and chose a random server (after making sure my friend chose the same one). The other 2 faction toons on my account have names that don't really fit me but I chose them because I wanted to play on those factions. Now I've spent quite a bit of money on each toon and I'm leaning more toward making my TR my main. I'd really like to have the name I use for other games (Pingonaut) on my main character, but I don't want to waste over $60 deleting my two characters to change names. Which brings me to;

- Will we ever be able to have the same name on different servers?

I understand that it wasn't the best choice not thinking over my decision on which faction to make my main, I just hope I won't have to waste the money I've spent on the game.
    Anyway, thanks for reading. I'd appreciate any suggestions or ideas on what I should do. :)

-Pingonaut
  2. TheMagicCookie

You won't be able to have the same name, in case of merges, etc...

I do believe they may be implementing a Name/Server swap option for the store.
  3. Duvenel

Yes server changes are a confirmed feature, but you need to pay for it. Not 100% sure on the name change, but I know that it can be done on the odd occasion if you submit a support ticket. But it's up to them, so no guarantees. Open a Support Ticket | Sony Online Entertainment
  4. Pingonaut

I didn't think they'd do it for this occasion. I'll think about it. Thanks.

Added: Cookie, didn't see your post. Just saw the post about it. That's great news! Guess I'll be spending some moneys again. Much cheaper than spending enough to re-equip two characters with camo, etc.