Name Unavailable?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ManDude, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Kayden72

its funny they cant fix a simple thing i hate to see how they come to fix big problems take the game down for 48hrs and hope to god it works geez
  2. GrizzlyAdams

Well I am just trying to create an additional character to try a different faction so I can at least fall back on main to play game. I think the larger point is more if it takes them 12 hours to fix what you would think would be a simple issue of allowing you to create a character and that is your first impression of a game you might be wondering what is wrong and just move along. I enjoy the game and this is the first time I have had a truly negative experience with it and won't make me leave the game in a rage. But if I was just "kicking the tires" so to speak I might move on for good turned off from this experience or come back sometime down the line. Bottom line is it creates negative word of mouth and turns away prospective people to spend money on the game.

Anything that hampers attracting new users you would think would be the highest priority for a business.
  3. Kayden72

it might be a great game but if they cant maintenance it probably and make sure everything is up and running kinda makes u wounder what would happen if something went majorly wrong
  4. PALADINBASHIM

COME ON PLANET SIDE 2 some ppl wanna play.. JUST wondering on the eta to fixing the problem .. the only tec support post i've even seen is at 1pm.. have they just given up?!?
  5. Gerges5

Same thing is happening with me aaaahhhh I type in poopypieceopoo and still! It is unavailable!
  6. PALADINBASHIM

my apologies.. last one was on page 15 at 6pm
  7. TheAugust

8. PALADINBASHIM

noteventhisworksasaname lmfao
  9. iFgCauSe

just got the game through steam, cant play cause everyname i thought of and even random keyboard smashes dosent work... then found this thread.. thanx planetside 2 for making a game free to play yet we cant play.
  10. Cestio

The longer it takes to fix this bug, the more people they're going to lose like this. I think it's silly to quit a game so easily, but I still feel that this is an outrageous amount of time to fix such a major bug.
  11. TheAugust

"We are currently resolving outstanding issues with Friends lists. We will restart servers once this work is complete. At 12:00 AM PT all servers will come down for maintenance to address a bug with character creation and Outfits. Downtime should be less than 90 minutes."

Hopefully I'll be able to play tomorrow.
  12. claxi7of9

looked impressive but that bubble has burst for me sadly..
  13. CactisFury

I won't be discouraged by this.. The game looks like a worthwhile wait.
  14. Shocker84

lets hope so :-( this game looks awesome...

another game i recommend is pathofexile its awesome as well www.pathofexile.com
  15. Thaine

Well it should be playable in less than 2 hours or so i'v'e heard...
  16. walkaa

POOR EFFORT FROM SONY. FIX YOUR ******* GAME OR LOSE FANS. WHAT THE **** ARE YOU ALL THINKING? CLOSE THE ******* SERVERS AND FIX IT. SO MAD.
  17. Thaine

I know right? i don't know why they're waiting till midnight to fix it instead of just doing it now. Waited to ******* long... :mad:
  18. alphalion

wow this is what i get after a 8GB dl?...good job sony
  19. walkaa

Firstly I love this game and its game-play has me so excited it truly saddens me to see a clinical issue like this arise in the early stages of the game's release. Wasn't there a beta for this exact reason?
    and to the people saying don't get mad it's just a bug, when you promote an mmo fps that is going to be one of the biggest games of the year, you'd really think they'd get something simple like a name creator system to work. what are we supposed to think when they have a legitimate in-game bug? it will be a week long closure of the servers. it's 2013, mmo's have been around for well over a decade now, and still there is 3rd world problems in a 1st world situation. it's not a good look to be honest and I am scared for the future of this amazingly additive and fun game.
  20. dachez1

******* pathetic walkaa for president fo sho