Name Unavailable?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ManDude, Feb 6, 2013.

1. BlazeSoccer28

I can't believe after all the trouble I had with this game, I won't let me make a friggin name! :mad:
  2. tdsharkey

12am PST? That is over four hours from now. Crazy. I'll try again tomorrow..
  3. GrizzlyAdams

Wow. So basically 12 hours to fix as serious of an issue as not being able to create characters in a game that is still more or less in infancy? Nice.
  4. stormedwolf

So. 12:00 AM PST translates to 2:00 AM CST (for anyone else in the middle of the continent). Overall, from any time zone, we have about 4.5 hours to go. I'm assuming they have some idea of what's wrong, or at least have some sort of restore point to when the names server was up and running. Why wasn't this fixed hours ago when the problem was first brought up?

Now, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't know where to start in this instance. I'm not a professional game dev. However, it's issues like this that turn people away from your game. If someone who wants to play for the first time was to download the game right now, they'd have hours to wait before they could even play, and most first time players aren't willing to wait hours. Most of them probably aren't going to check the forums to figure out if the problem is even as wide as it is.

I'm not saying that MMOs have to have 100% uptime, but the "downtime" players are experiencing from this is more than it should have been, and we have another 4 hours to wait.
    • Up x 1
  5. Hellsidion

Yep, just installed and tried to complete the character creation... no luck. Hope they restore it all soon, seems like a strange mishap for a game like this. Hope they update us soon on the status.
  6. The King

Still not fixed?
    Wow..
    I don't think it is as hard as it seems. Do they really know about it?
    Pretend they're doing maintenance right now.. ... .. ..
    • Up x 2
  7. stormedwolf

Yeah, In game broadcasts are going out about the issue, but they're not kicking servers offline to do anything about it for another 4 hours.
  8. SpewChunks

HOORAY!! Just tried it now, everything seems to be back to normal:D
  9. StereoJustice

Yea, something is wrong with character creation.
  10. Thaine

Ummm, you sure? Cause it's still not working for me. :(
  11. stormedwolf

I'm still down... you must've caught a lucky break.
  12. Moonchild

Just spent 5 hours waiting for install to finish. Finally try to start playing and every name is unavailable.
    What an epic fail. Now they won't evfen fix it immediately? Seriously? This game is going to flop like a fish out of water. cant believe I wasted my time on this
  13. Ezekeil

I too agree with stormedwolf. I just d/l this game client because I was looking into a game review site and unfortunately this one had all the raves. I did not spend all that long on the down load time but something this trivial at launch with all that you have planned and spent on getting the traffic to your game only to sit and wait, and wait with only tidbits of broken promises that the game would be playable soon? After waiting over 6 hours now I have just found that removing this game from my system takes far less time than the install did. Sorry Sony I really wanted to give you another chance to see you make something in the gaming world and once again you only bring about disappointment....
  14. The King

Just come back tomorrow. The game isn't going anywhere.
    It does suck that you cannot play now, however, pretend it just released for you like Diablo 3.
  15. BurntCherryCoke

post 355. 18 pages in... sad day for planetside
  16. NEWSKIS

If having to wait one day to play the game because you happened to choose the day a bug occurred is enough to make you quit before playing it, then you really didnt want to play it that badly. They're going to be adding lots of things that could break the game in the next several years. This wasnt the first bug it definitely wont be the last.

Don't let one rare issue that happened to occur when you wanted to start playing keep you from trying it.
  17. PALADINBASHIM

STILL WONDERING WHEN IT WILL BE UP only saw a support poast one time and that was at 1pm this morning i spent the better part of 2 days downloading this game to try it out and i can not generate a name to play... please some one fix this
  18. Muhshuh

I'm trying to make a character my first day playing as well. I was excited to try out the game, and now I can't because of something so simple as a character name. I tried earlier today, and figured if I was patient and waited a couple hours that it would get worked out. I'm very disappointed that this issue would take more than a day to get fixed. See you all tomorrow!
  19. BurntCherryCoke

Well... technically it would be more than a day after 2pm cst tomorrow. cross our fingers it doesn't come to that.
  20. PALADINBASHIM

fingers are crossed as well as other body parts including toes and all... oh well guess i'll go spend my money on a different game for the time being.. srry planet side 2