My PC 'does not meet minimun reguirements'

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by FIN Faravid, Feb 24, 2014.

1. FIN Faravid

I know my PC is obsolete, it is not bad but it is very old and i do meet minimun requirements on paper, PS2 just does not seem to support it or something. Take a look
    [IMG]
    As you can see, on paper i clearly meet minimun reguirements, so what is this? It just is too old and thus unsupported - altough it seems to meet reguirements, or is it mistake that site did?
    Site i am talking about is this http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri
  2. Springjack

Well, your computer pretty much better than mine, but I have a 6670 HD card. So I would try to get one better than mine. Terrible advice, I know- but they are the lower end ones nowadays anyways and shouldn't be too expensive!

Actually, don't take advice from me. I built my computer just a few months ago, and I chose for it to be outdated to fit my budget constraints. I could have spent another 50-100 and made it twice as good, but there's always a time for upgrades or what not.
  3. cruczi

His graphics card already is better than yours. Radeon 5700 series > Radeon 6600 series.

OP, have you actually tried running PS2?
  4. FIN Faravid

Of course i have, have used this one since launch. I get about 20 FPS at big battles. My motherboard is REAALLY old, so i can`t get all powers out of my PC, hence i am getting completly new one (with some parts from this one)
  5. FIN Faravid

I am waiting for DDR4 memory for motherboards to come before i buy it, then i see results and i might notice i don`t have to upgrade other parts.
  6. cruczi

So everything works fine and as you'd expect based on the age of your rig, only that you're bothered by some random site saying your card doesn't meet the minimum requirements? Probably just some bug in the site.
  7. cruczi

Your current graphics card and CPU are pretty balanced, neither is particularly holding the other back. Which means that if you upgrade only your graphics card, you will see very limited improvement in performance unless you also upgrade your CPU in the same degree.

For a budget system to run PS2 relatively smoothly while being a significant upgrade over what you have, I'd look at an FX-6300, a budget board (preferably with USB3.0 and SATA 6gb/s), and at least a GTX 750 Ti
  8. FIN Faravid

Altough sooner or later i will, i was not planning on upgrading my graphics card, i was planning on upgrading my motherboard, which hold back my processors and graphic cards. Only after that i upgrade my graphic card and processor.
  9. cruczi

Your motherboard chipset does indeed hold back the CPU from being upgraded to anything significantly faster, but not the GPU. The CPU holds back the GPU. Your motherboard probably only has PCIe 2.0, but PCIe 3.0 cards work fine in it.

Upgrading the motherboard alone will obviously not have any effect on your framerates. It would also not make any sense to buy a new motherboard just to install that old CPU in it. You should upgrade the motherboard, CPU and GPU all at the same time (and if your RAM is DDR2, you'll need to ugprade that too).