[Suggestion] My NC AI MAX Suggested *FIXES*

Discussion in 'MAX' started by InfernoKoV, Feb 11, 2014.

1. InfernoKoV

How? The TR weapon is clearly faster... 492 RPM vs 426 RPM. Both weapons need 4 shots to kill infantry and even though VS WILL do more damage in 4 shots, the TR's weapon deals those 4 shots quicker so I don't see the confusion.

My data for 12 kills is misleading even though the math is right because it will always take 4 shots to kill infantry at full health and you can't split damage so you would take the TTK for a single kill and multiply it by 12... 4.392 TR vs 5.076 VS

The VS's advantage is their damage drop-off at range. Their drop-off doesn't stop until 75m on most weapons compared to 65m for TR. The change in damage over range also varies differently between the two.
  2. InfernoKoV

TR = Faster weaponry with lower damage
    NC = Slower weaponry with high damage
    VS = In between... Medium speed and Medium damage.
  3. Ceskaz

We could already have a heavy damage weapons with slugs, but with a CoF bloom per shot of 1, it's just impossible to have sustain fire with it.

And, by the way, with 200~150 RPM heavy bolt rifle, the damage should be closer to 280-370 to compete with TR/VS weapons. 200-250 weapons should have a ROF of 225-280. I would be fine with it.
  4. InfernoKoV

I've decided to resurrect this thread as I feels it still applies today. Keep in mind this was written almost 2 years ago so some values may have changed. Please keep the discussion civil, if you have nothing constructive to add then come back when you do.
  5. Azawarau

Thats alot to look at but it seems to be a fair solution
  6. Leelania

Nice post. I am curious though (mostly because I'm new to the game). Are there regular dev blogs where they talk about a roadmap for the year ahead and things they intend to balance?
  7. Khallixtus

Really nice work! The changes are well thought out.

The only problem I have is that when at less than 8 metres (probably 5 actually), you can headshot the enemy MAXes. Because the reason for the longer TTK against MAXes is the reload, headshots negate this, making their TTK absurdly high. But still, they'd have to get close enough, and it does require some skill, which seems to go out the window whenever someone equips MAX (me included).
  8. IronMouse

I seem to be the only one here against these changes. While they aren't "bad", I think NC MAX is fine as it is. It's unique, efficient in CQC and I like it to stay that way. On the other hand, people seem to have overseen Mattocks, they are pretty good especially when slugged. The only change I'd suggest is upping the Mattocks' clip size to 8, 12 when using extended clips since they're intended for longer ranges. And on longer ranges, you miss more often.
  9. Cymoril

When I play my max as AI I absolutely hate it. Constant reloads and short magazines and auto fire that's always reloading. I would like to enjoy an auto fire similar to a mutilator/cosmos as an NC max. I die alot timing my shots as an NC max. That is something I don't worry about with the other 2 factions.
    I also don't agree with a NC max being able to move when his age is shield is out. There needs to be an absorption cap or he should be rooted (99% msr until the shield goes away)
  10. LaughingDead

NC do have that problem where you can't just pull a max for fun, you have to niche it in and hope that the 300 C4 bricks that people toss don't kill you before you kill them. People don't seem to get that by being a CQ max, you expose yourself to a ton of damage easily and are vastly outgunned at range. Aegis 1v1 is almost a joke, its usually a dance of can I 1 shot you or can you toss a brick farther than 1 shot range and if he throws the brick chances are he detonates it as you're killing him or you turn your back to face it so you don't take full damage....but his team shoots you in the back anyhow.

People complain about shotguns in every single area of the game, the only difference here is you can't "out skill" an NC max by shooting him like a regular soldier, you have to use a rocket launcher which most classes don't have and it doesn't 1 shot or you have to expect the max and toss a brick of C4 as per usual max engagement and hope you don't get 1 shot verses the NC or don't get gunned down by the rest of his team.

The quick bursting of the shotguns is the saving grace of the NC max, less exposure time means less sustained damage, which means more baddies you can fight without worrying about instant death (not really, 5 or of 6 classes are anti max) which means being a god at CQ helps clear a building out fast with alpha damage, having the HP to continuously do it and a shield to reload behind and protect teammates so they can move ahead "with cover"; a lot of people find a death wall protecting the enemy that can configure into shotgun mode to 1 or 2 shot them in CQ as it's moving up a really detering factor when protecting a building..... But again, C4.

C4 really does make or break an engagement with a max, the NC have the advantage of being the fastest killers in maxes while the disadvantage of being always in C4 range. I hate being a broken record but honestly people pull light assault instead of any other class more often to deal with maxes, the "flanker" is actually "the gibber". Soon as people cluster, a C4 toss is usually expected, which is why I tell people not to hug my *** unless it's only 2 people that know how to shoot around an NC max and how to shoot people tossing C4 first.

As for the changes, nerfing damage for utility is a fair change but an unnecessary one, seeing that the whole point of pulling shotguns is to kill fast at point blank is the niche its trying to fill. A great way to help would simply be add the shotgun that had the utility instead of the damage.
  11. Azawarau

This is why i dont use shotguns and actively avoid C 4 ranges unless i plan to bait the C 4 and run

Shotguns arent going to be an issue when the new max weapon is released hopefully

Cat wair