My main problem with the Magrider:

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ztiller, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Flag

TTK > DPS, and it does favour the Vanguard over the mag. Just.
    As for the armour, it is anywhere between 3% better on the van (front) to 7% (side/top), not to mention that the effect of the resistance values scale exponentially. So that 3% more armour ends up being more than just 3% effective HP.

And if you want to get technical, the Vulcan has the highest burst between the ESAV guns.
  2. Noppa

Yes of course TTK is better on VANG cos of the little better armor and little more damaging main gun it ain't a ground breaking difference!

But TBH i still don't get it why ppl whines about the Magrider and these stupid things, since they are different MBT:s with different gameplay style, you cant have it all in 1 pack, you don't really see NC whining about not being able to farm infantry as good as Prowler / Magrider!

IF they take away Magriders climbing ability and gives the gravity / sliding model to it what other MBT:s have THEN i can understand if people whines about the little DPS / Armor different.

Was playing yesterday with a Vang in a long time and i gotta say, i freeking hate it how bad it is on the climbing part, even Prowler climbs 70% better on hills / mountains than Vang does, gravity model is just so stupid in Vang!

About the Vulcan, who cares if it has the highest burst of all since it has a worst downside too and nobody uses it because of it, it really doesn't fit to the Prowlers strength at all!
  3. Mooveoverbrt

I love my maggie just the way she is! I have great success doing 2/2 or 1/2 just need to be in tune with whats going on around you, the battle is constantly changing.
    • Up x 1
  4. Facon

I am the only one who has air as main problem for the Magrider? I break lockons, run from Infantry, hide from Tanks ( exept a hand full of really good Tanker crews), but air... you can not flank if there arround, its harder to aim at them thanks to this sluggish turning, lower angle and lower velocity. It happen so often that a random Aircraft flys accidentally over you while you are steath flanking and thats my end of that run.
  5. dsty

That is my main issue with the magrider is ESF Vangaurd AP np dead Esf Prowler same thing magrider oh **** esf were is a hill or rock so i can get a angle to shoot at him
  6. Flag

Not in isolation, no.

Here's the thing, I believe all 3 MBTs should be more or less able to fulfil all the roles. Not with a single loadout, but to at least have the options there.

Then it's also left with the gun/turret config and all the joys that brings.
    It's easy to point out the advantages of the mag (because for you, you'll just have to see what it can do better than your MBT of choice), but when it comes to considering the unique drawbacks it has... people aren't as good at that one.

It was more to highlight how poor of an argument it was.
    You know, besides the fact that the saron barely has an edge up close over the halberd (only AV, and the advantage is really minor), and that the only gun that can say it has "high burst" as an advantage is the vulcan. And that has a lot of problems attached to it because of it.
  7. Frosty The Pyro

um, admitidly my vulcan numbers are out of date, but the saron out bursts the vulcan in my spread sheat.
  8. Flag

Then the Saron reloads while the vulcan keeps shooting.
  9. Thardus

I remember a Planetside 1 Magrider guide that started out by explaining that the Magrider was not a Tank, but a Tank Destroyer.
  10. Cyrek

Higby loves his VS and will keep them OP as long as needed.
  11. Ragnarox

Magrider cannot be better than those two because VS have already most crappy weapons out there plus worst MAX unit. Only thing good about VS is futuristic concept. VS will always be the third wheel. Why? Because you didnt failed vanu you failed yourself. :)
  12. LIKE A BOSS!

Higby plays NC m8.
  13. CEGrif

Vulcan does max damage in 10m
  14. Flag

Yeah I know. Not relevant in this situation however.
  15. Vixxing

This: Mag gets its strengths nerfed time, after time, after time... But the fact its completely use/defenceless against air compared to both other tanks is ignored... why?
  16. maxkeiser

Magrider is absolutely fine as it is. No changes required.

It's the most fun vehicle in the game and one of my all-time best vehicles in any game ever. You can have endless fun racing around in it, using the magburner to dance, powerslide and jump over the battlefield.

Really good fun and something that SOE should leave well alone.
    • Up x 1
  17. Vixxing

Yeah, cause being able to return fire against air like other tanks can would be clearly OP...
  18. CaptAmazing

One stat sample from last month

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/29y4m6/auraxis_weekly_combat_report_29th_june_6th_july/

Which infanterie weapon did the most kills? VS Orion LMG!
    Which faction destroyed the most ground vehicles with their own ground vehicles? VS!
    Which faction killed the most air vehicles with their own air vehicles? VS!
    Which aircraft destroyed most vehicles? VS Scythe.
    Which tank cannon killed the most players? VS Magriders Supernova PC.

Don't try to picture VS as a victim in the faction balance.
  19. DashTech

From a TR player, the Magrider can totally go toe-to-toe with a Prowler and I suspect a Vanguard too. Why? Because you're so ****ing hard to hit. A Vanguard does deal a lot of damage in one hit, but likewise, it's also a stationary target. The Magrider with it's strafing stuff is next to impossible to hit at medium range, and with its turning circle and burn, impossible to out-gun in a close-range fight.

I thought it was pretty much undisputed that the Prowler was the weakest MBT, you have to cert it up fully and then use it as artillery at range to try and catch other MBTs off-guard. Toe-to-toe, the Prowler normally loses out with its weak gun.
  20. CaptAmazing

Thats my experience too. On TR site prowlers are mostly used as artillery platforms. In tank vs tank combat the proweler got problems with the Vanguards shield, which it seems 80% of the NC have and the Magrider is just so mobile, that the theoretical higher DPS goes to waste, because you can't hit your shots.

To all VS who downplay the mobility of a Magrider. Imagine you are playing infanterei and you had to stay still in every close/medium 1vs1 duel, while the enemy can normaly ADAD. I can say that if people stand still like that against me - they are dead.

If a huge Magrider zerg is coming TR doesn't pull masses of Prowlers to counter them - Lighntings and lock ons are the way to go (because you miss most shots if you have to use dumbfires against a strafing Mag)