[Guide] My Infiltrator's Guide to Success Series

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by killmenoobs, Mar 26, 2014.

1. killmenoobs

This is my series introduction video, in this series I will be exploring the different ways to become a successful infiltrator.
    • Up x 2
  2. salembeats

I lol'd.
    • Up x 1
  3. Jawarisin

I thought the comment aboves were just rude, but I watched the video, and I got to agree.

But just as a heads up on what you could do to improve:

Try to get at least 100 and i'd suggest 250+ hours into infiltrator.
    Cert up your infiltrator!
    Work on your elocution, it's extremely unclear and hesitating.
    Kind of goes with the 250+ hours of infiltrator but, try to learn to use the class, cloak, darts etc etc.
    Try to get a 200+ score per hour without boosts on planetside players statistic website, it's a good indicator.
    Hit BR 55+ minimally.
  4. cruczi

What did I just watch.

Thumbsed up OP, it's a good educational example.
  5. salembeats

1:28ish made me cringe.
    I thought to myself, "welp, perfect example of what happens when an EXE platoon is around..." (which is exactly what he's in).
    • Up x 1
  6. AdamRah

br 100's think they're better than everyone else, even though they haven't put 1 dollar into the game
  7. Zagareth

I can't wait to see the rest, so I become even more successful! :p
    Especially when it's made by someone with so much experience as Infiltrator...

stats for killmenoobs
  8. smegnz

This video gives a fine example of how to fire through other annoying players on your team in order to play the objectives. I really like how you dealt to those enemies at range with your pistol, like a boss.
  9. Jawarisin

Well I don`t know what's your hate against BR 100. But they do usually have more experience. I'll respect them even MORE if they didn't put a dollar in boosts. That means it took them way longer to get all the experience needed.

On the other hand, could you explain to me why do you think someone who puts money in a game would nessecerly be better? As I have seen yet, it is tottaly unrelated, if only that someone who's a higher BR but put money into the game for boosts or membership most likely will have less experience reaching the same BR as someone without boost, but that's simply because of the XP earning ratio.

How is that any related to the video or my comment?
  10. AdamRah

i ment they haven't bought one thing in the game and completely mootched of it
  11. Corvus Corax

You must not have seen us steamroll Amerish a week back.
  12. salembeats

It's the nature of Zergfits to not learn the map and understand how population affects victory.

After all, their platoon leader's sole job is to tell them which hex to be in.

I'm guessing that you were just about the only people on Amerish, with minimal resistance, fighting against your teammates for enemies to killwhile you waited for a progress bar to tick down...

Yeah, I've been in an EXE platoon a couple of times. It's easy to find one: Look at the map and find some hex that has a ridiculous 90%+ TR.
  13. Corvus Corax

wat

your platoon leaders offer marriage counseling, too? damn.

whatever I tell you, you won't believe, because you have certain preconceived notions about EXE.

case in point.
  14. salembeats

A good platoon leader will discuss battlefield positioning and squad objectives with up to 4 squad leaders using in-game custom channels, and allow these each of these squad leaders to handle his own squad (incl. battlefield tactics, squad composition, etc.).

He does not talk with any members of the platoon aside from his squad leaders.
    • Up x 1
  15. Corvus Corax

Hey, look! It's someone with preformed opinions who believes that his way is the only right way!
  16. salembeats

It's called "Chain Of Command". Maybe you've heard of it.

It's an organized system which breaks tasks into manageable chunks.
    Platoon leaders are executives or generals who focus on "the big picture": Vision, purpose, objectives, and strategy.
    Squad leaders are managers or commanders who focus on "tactics": Using what they're given in order to accomplish the objective which the PL has decided upon.
    Squad members focus on "implementation": Shooting, dodging fire, holding points, etc., in line with the squad leader's assigned objective.

This is how it works in both the business and military.

An EXE platoon, on the other hand, doesn't work this way. In an EXE platoon, Platoon Leads are an "All Or Nothing" thing. They either:
    A) Provide no leadership whatsoever, or
    B) Attempt to micromanage 30-48 players.
    Squad leaders in an EXE platoon are there simply to place Spawn Beacons. Anyone who certs into a Spawn Beacon meets the qualifications.

With the new Mission System, an EXE/XPIV platoon leader is essentially out of work. The game itself can now steer large hordes of players towards a base all by itself.

This is all fairly off topic, but there isn't really much to say about the OP besides what has already been said.
    • Up x 1
  17. RockPlanetSide2

Seeing as how most people who play this game are 250 pounds + of fat and would not last even 1 minute in any real organized military force, I don't think "chain of command" is appropriate. This is a social game, and all the "clear coms! I'm a fat loser!" does not make up for population advantage and overall skill of the people in your actual platoon.

Just tell your platoon where to go, mark stuff with smoke and hope they blow up what they are supposed to blow up, the rest should be social... and you thinking your platoon will run better because you bark into the microphone with a psuedo-important voice is just stupid... flat out stupid.
    • Up x 2
  18. Corvus Corax

So organized...such 'high ground'....for a free to play game.
    Okay.
  19. salembeats

How you play the game should be determined by how much you spend to play it...?

Sports (y'know, those RL games) are also "free-to-play". Should I not put forth any effort when I play them ('cuz they're free)?

I got Starcraft from my brother as a Christmas present (hence, I didn't pay anything for it). Should I not play competitively until I buy a copy with my own money?

Typical zergfit member. Your reasoning doesn't make any sense.
    • Up x 1
  20. salembeats

Being that this game is a merging of two genres (MMO + FPS), people approach it from different backgrounds.

I haven't played an MMO for about 13 years (when Runescape first came out) -- most of my background is in FPS and RTS games.

I like to taunt in /yell, but I can't really relate very well to people who use a game purely as a chatroom.

The population chart for a hex could benefit from a skill-weighted alternative, so competition-oriented players like myself can find good fights.
    • Up x 1