[Suggestion] My idea for ZOE 3.0

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PasitheeVS, Apr 29, 2016.

1. PasitheeVS

I just had the perfect Idea how to buff ZOE,

from people calling it a "suicide-button", the Pokémon Voltorb and its attack called explosion
    and the effect when a HIVE gets destroyed.

So my idea is:

When you activate ZOE, you will have the current perks of the ZOE and then, after 5 seconds, you explode and die!

That's it.

This would be much better than the current ZOE and increase its survivability by 300%.

It would be even more OP than the other stuff in the VS arsenal.

Maybe the explosion should also cause Splash damage that potentially OHK Infantry inside a few metres. Maybe.

This would make the VS (when it's not already) a faction of religious scientific alien spandex terrorists.

• Up x 1
  2. Hoothers

3. FateJH

I can't say this idea is not appealing for the amusement factor I imagine it having.

I can't say that you're going to tickle the fancy of people who believe we already have an excess of explosive spam in the game, though.
  4. sebastian oscar post

What the ***** a ZOE?
  5. Hfuhruhurr

Remember when TR got Lockdown Max, NC got Shield Max and VS got shafted? That's a ZOE.
  6. RainbowDash9

i think you mean NC got shield, VS got ZOE, and TR got shafted, but then ZOE was too good so they got shafted too lol
  7. Mezinov

As a huge Red Alert 2 fan, I am not opposed to ZoE for the Vanu MAX becoming Crazy Ivan mode.

ZoE 3.333;
    Converts MAX weapons to HEAT mechanic (heat capacity increases with level)
    Increases move speed of MAX (increases with level)
    Increases damage received by MAX (decreases with level)
    At end of ability, ZoE MAX explodes with the force of 1 C4 brick (increases with level)
    ZoE Duratiuon (decreases with level)

Flavor Text;
    By directly infusing nanites and cortium plasma into the MAX's zero-point core, the Vanu MAX can temporarily boost all combat functions to devastating effect with the Zealot Overdrive. Unfortunately the extreme heat and radiation created by the enriched mixture entering the zero-point core eventually causes the core to go critical; destroying the MAX and anything in its surroundings. Despite this limitation Vanu commanders have put the Zealot Overdrive to effective use in the field as a break through and terror weapon, helping to spread the Word of Vanu.
  8. sebastian oscar post

That does not answer my question at all..
  9. MonnyMoony

It stands for Zealot Overdrive Engine. It used to be the VS Max special ability. It was a little OP at the start and was nerfed into the ground yonks ago when SOE were still in charge (they had a habit of releasing OP stuff - then massively over nerfing it).

Zoe as it exists today makes the Max weapons a bit more powerful at very short range (around 1/5th more) - but nerfs them into oblivion at long range cutting both the damage dealt and shortening the range. It gives the Max a slight increase in movement speed, but nowhere near what you get from Max Charge - it also makes the Max much more vulnerable to damage (hence the jokes about it making it into a suicide bomb - it's basically that now.....but without the bomb).

Go up against more than a couple of enemies with Zoe active and you are likely to die very quickly. I don't think I have seen anyone run ZOE on their Max for at least 12 months - that's how useful it is.
  10. OldMaster80

It's the drug used by some spandex people.
  11. XanIves

Lol. Understatement of the century here.
  12. MonnyMoony

ZOE could be ok if the maximum damage limitations were removed. If you can take increased damage at all ranges - you should be able to deal it at all ranges too.

I'd make the following chages to ZOE

1. Remove the maximum damage range limitation. Weapon damage should be a flat increase across the board - say 10%, 12.5%, 15%, 17.5% and 20% based on the level certed.

2. Remove the movement speed increase buff, but increase the projectile velocity 5%, 10%, 15%, 20% and 25% instead.

3. Take increased damage as now - but reduce this per level certed 20%, 17.5%, 15%, 12.5%, 10%
  13. Naaahhhhh

To explode after 3 seconds and kill some targets would be an improvement to the current zoe:
    glowing like a gay christmas tree and die from the next rocket.
  14. Demigan

Sounds more like the perfect NC weapon when in a friendly crowd...
  15. SteamBoiler

That would actually be pretty neat. ZOE should be a self destruct mechanism that causes significant damage to infantry and vehicles alike.

When ZOE is activated:
    -The max should glow and make a very audible noise when it is activated
    -Move speed and fire rate increased significantly
    -The max explodes causing significant damage to nearby infantry and vehicles after 5-10 seconds. Enough damage to one shot tanks if the ZOE max gets close enough

This version of ZOE would fit very well with the vanu religious zealot theme. ZOE should be extremely OP for a limited time at the expense of sacrificing your life (and 450 nanites).
  16. Shiaari

So much hate over ZOE.

Tell that Comet ZOE MAX how useless his ZOE is after he smokes your a**.

I can only imagine the look on some NC or TR MAXes when my ZOE MAX comes up the stairs. Run. Or, call for a meat wagon. There won't be much left if my Comets hit you.
  17. Saturax

Exposion is not good idea :D +TKs +abuse of max rush... 1room=1max all enemys death and spawn room camp? noo...
    Meybe re-skill all zoe, i want 1 of this thinks: bost speed, high jump, cloak, no sound of max steps, bost dmg, ( so at least one will work corectly and will be usable at fight and not 3xNerfed ZOE i can not use ) ,or switch max in some alternative mode like bost speed and lock range weapon so you can us only max punch or activate melee weapons... ( i did realy like fast moving VS max )
    +Fix glowing of max, i can not see enemys when my max glow specialy at night...dont mind if i will glow like HA shild.