[Suggestion] My idea for Icarus jump jets.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Epicstrat, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Epicstrat

Hi, I don't really play LA at all but I had a cool idea for a refurbished Icarus jump jets and I wanted to pitch it to you all.

These new jump jets would have drastically increased vertical thrust and decreased duration. Once activated they cannot turn off until they burn out. They function as a one-and-done jump jet... Sort of. Once you use a charge, you have to kill an enemy to regenerate that charge. Similar to adrenaline shield for heavies.

Obviously there won't be to much killing for the user while he is thrusting, but if the net code issues prove too frustrating than as a short delay where you remain suspended at the peak of our burn before gravity grabs you again, making you vulnerable.

I imagine these would be a more challenging version of the current jump jets and we would some interesting gameplay from them. C4 combos against infantry could be used to gain extra height.

Don't know what I would do about the fall damage though, give a short burn at the end of the fall to automatically slow you to a safe speed maybe, could be interesting for a cliff jumper style (Ala the trailer).

Anyways, as a non LA players this is my idea? Thoughts?
  2. Epicstrat

Oh, and the height of the burn would be about from the bottom of a tower to the landing pads.
  3. RockPlanetSide2

Icarus Jets would be more along the line of you would turn them on and just accelerate directly upwards to the max height of the game... and you would also be wearing your special dual-c4 helmet (special issue, you could not have any guns equipped at all when it was on)... then the jump jets would die... and you would just free-dive directly down at critical velocity into a target, for the big suicide boom.

What light assault should really be about at this point in the game anyway.

[IMG]
  4. Iridar51

Nice picture!:D