My Fellow Mattherson TR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CptFirelord, Jan 8, 2014.

1. CptFirelord

First, let me begin by laying a few things on the table for those of you who may not recognize me. My in-game name is trekky920. I’m a member of BBAT (Bastard Battalion Mattherson). Member, not leader; not an officer, just a member. I’ve had the privilege of befriending quite a few of you, although I won’t put up any names. With that being said, I’d like to begin.

The TR we see today, roaming the plains of Indar, desolate snowy wastes of Esamir, and lush roads of Amerish are nothing like the TR I admired at launch. In fact, we’re a completely different group of people. Many have left, many transferred, and many new faces were brought in with the merge of Mattherson and SolTech. One big name left us but a few short months ago, BuzzCutPsycho. With this an opportunity was thrust into the fray; an opportunity for leadership. There was no place to go but up with the absence of our ‘fearless leader’… or so we thought.

Summer of 2013 was a terrible time as I’m sure we can all recall. The Vanu had just recently got their ZOE MAX suits and, boy, were they broken. Not to mention the massive pushes from the overpopulated Vanu outfits such as Azure Twilight, Ragequit, and Goku to name but a few. If ever there was a time for someone to speak up and take charge, that was it. But no, we regressed to our old habits of arguing, with virtually no cohesion at all.

The point to all this you might ask? Well, my point above is to bring into light where we could’ve had major success, and when nobody stepped up to take charge, where we all bent over and allowed the Barneys and the Smurfs to run us down, and pen us up in our warpgates time after time.

Change is needed, and quickly.

I wasn’t privilege to the old fights of Planetside I’ve had the pleasure of hearing recounted to me numerous times in Teamspeak servers from varying outfits. I couldn’t have ever known the TR as a proud, feared faction. I’d damn well like to.

What do I propose we do about this? Well for one, stop your bickering over command comms. Yes, we argue and eventually figure out what must be done. Yes, command comms are there for decisions to eventually be made. Yes, we’re often underpopulated at times. But we need to overcome. We need to have someone, or multiple people whom we can come to and decide quickly and effectively what is needed, what should be focused on, and how we will once again strike fear into the eyes of the Barneys and Smurfs.
    We can’t sit back and do nothing. Nothing won’t win us alerts.

I’ve heard rumors that there might be something a little secretive going on during the summer involving some prominent outfit heads on Mattherson TR. A little something I believe NS7 is hosting? Hmm? Perhaps I’ve heard wrong. What is said there better clear up some problems we’re having, otherwise what good will it do?

Tactics.. there are but a few that must be employed. Armor must be countered quickly and effectively. Enemy aircraft should never leave our skies untouched, keep those pesky NNG pilots at bay (I’m looking at you Friednug). Tanks must be abandoned to capture points. I’ve seen too many fights where we’re all so scared to leave our tanks and let that one potential kill go that we either lose a base or don’t capture it in time for an alert to have potentially been won.

We have this nice thing called /region chat. Use it. Coordinate with the randoms who happen to come to our fights, get them squaded, get them an outfit.

We don’t seem to grasp that aircraft are necessary. Armor columns fall prey to Liberators and ESF Rocketpods. You hate being killed by them? Good, learn to fly and do the rest of your faction a favor.

Some of you are going to hate me for bringing this up, some of you are going to think me a fool. Go right ahead, you’re entitled to your opinion. I’m just tired of all this crap and want the name “Terran Republic” to stand for something again.

You love the TR and want to be feared again as a faction? Prove it.

With sincerest hopes for change,
    Your humble soldier of the Republic,
    -trekky920
    • Up x 5
  2. Bobaflay

hi. i use /regionsay
    • Up x 1
  3. VSDerp

NNG rule the skies! run in fear TR run in fear !
    • Up x 3
  4. Herby20

I don't know.....
  5. VSDerp

should know since you quoted me!!!
  6. Herby20

Touche. I have had many a battle with you fiends from NNG, and while you may be a difficult adversary, I do not agree with your statement!
    • Up x 1
  7. VSDerp

herpy i shall see you soon my friend.
    • Up x 2
  8. Khemri

As a pilot in the dedicated Air outfit on matt. TR Notorious, I find this claim to be rather undeveloped, although very true. I actually have you on my friends list and have ran with you guys in a small squad before.. Capping indar ex against 12-24 vanu was a real fun experience and it just goes to show the potential of the mattherson TR. Even though buzzcut was considered our holy leader that guided us through every alert and large fight, he was just one angry man in one outfit. Nothing more. TE had a strong 8 squads running on ops days and on average at least a platoon of coordinated TR. I feel that you're discrediting, however, already-existing outfits like 903rd, and even though it sends excruciating pain through every sane part of my mind, AOD. These outfits have the people, but we truly need a large group of people that can do rapid redeploys that are able to manage their assets to get capping territories faster than the enemy. That's the single reason we suffer during alerts.
    The whole ultimate alliance **** was a complete joke- we crumble under the coordination of the VS every alert no matter how hard we try. But that can be changed.. with a bit of work.
    I'd love to see someone create a new outfit that could do that kind of rapid-redeploy method like TE did to get lots of men on one base to save it.

Thanks
    • Up x 1
  9. co0kies

IDK TR seem to be ok. Matterson win are usually VS or TR. After the harasser nerf the NC seem to get their act together for a week. Also most of the time TR over pop in the morning and VS over pop at night. VS usually get a pop spike after morning alert since the other two faction don't do morning alert for some reason. FYI VS command chat isn't that much better. Dapp and NTMR usually play the game of who can drop more platoons on a 1-2 squad fight while leader of V and GOKU fight with each other on what command should do. DA usually do their own stuff or play on their NC alt.

I think the only command chat that is civilized is NC but they don't really get anything done.
  10. CptFirelord

I was intentionally trying to not mention certain outfits so as to avoid some... sore... subjects, as well as leaving my personal opinion on the effectiveness of some of the zergfits.

You are correct, as we discussed briefly tonight, that we need faster response times. Definetely. Thanks for the constructive post, hoping to see a few more in here from a few people, and keep doing a great job. Pleasure to have you on my friends list.

Mattherson early morning alerts are generally TR and VS wins, yes, but that's certainly not due to any bit of coordination. I've listen to command comms during early hours, prime time, and the wee hours of the day. We're not nearly as coordinated as we need to be.

TR haven't won a good chunk of prime time alerts in far too long. Only one I can remember that was recent was last week, but only one.

Regardless of the slight bickering of the VS, they're still much more coordinated. Whether this is something to due with outfit cohesion and leadership as opposed to command as a whole, I'll leave up to the COs to decide.
  11. CptFirelord

12. Flapatax

Just do what Exoc tells you to.
    • Up x 3
  13. VSDerp

14. CptFirelord

Bump, let's see some more input here.
  15. Furbz

Mattherson TR is essentially an amalgamous blob of infantry and armor, pushing it's bulk around swaths of territory, yet eventually trapping itself in chokepoints as it's mass is viscous, instead of liquid; too in-cohesive to properly filter through. The occasional red herring of galaxies dropping I'll informed bodies into a swarm of gunfire and armaments.

903rd and AOD excel at rallying the unwashed masses, however precision isn't possible when you have a stampede.

What Mattherson TR needs are players with dedicated roles, formed for function. Unfortunately it takes an artisan to craft a masterpiece. Essentially Mattherson TR need leaders, and good ones. People who can command a squad with certainty.
    • Up x 2
  16. Bisbo

Trekky, who was that dude we teamed up with that led those fast-paced Gal drops all over Indar a few weeks ago? I'd follow orders from him - he had an insane knack for tactics and getting things done. Didn't put up with any lollygaggers either.
    • Up x 1
  17. aRottenKomquat

I've noticed Command Chat tends to be quiet, though if I'm leading it's usually private squads during off-hours. I'd like to see any TR squad/platoon leaders check in every once and a while, just so the other leaders know who's around and roughly how big of a force they're commanding.

Example, "TR Command, this is aRottenKomquat with the 903rd checking in. I'm currently running a private platoon of two squads. Call if you need reinforcements. Komquat out."

I've also thought about drawing up a post explaining some improvements to Command Chat to allow squad and platoon leaders to easily see who's in command chat, where they are, and how big their force is, as another tab on the Social screen like the Platoon tab or Outfit tab. But I don't think SOE pays attention to their own forums so I haven't posted it yet.
  18. Goodkat

I think you guys are doing just fine. You often beat us in alerts even when out-popped. I think TR generally have the best organization and discipline on Mattherson. I am almost always leading a squad or platoon when I am on, and if given an equal choice between NC and TR, I lead us to you TR. Why? You are far more dangerous than NC and I would rather face you head on than have you at my back.
  19. Epic High Five

DEAREST MATTHERSON TR COMMAND,

It is with great joyousness that I write you now, for my many years of diligent study have come to fruition in a flash of insight!

Careful study of texts both ancient and modern have finally convinced me that one of the core axioms of the TR method of warfare - one which we both have been skeptical of for a good while - is actually completely unnecessary and in fact, it's downright harmful to the cause of securing a future for humanity.

So I reveal to you, in short, my revelation: It is not only POSSIBLE to split your forces up and have them strategically assault multiple bases at once, it's actually a much sounder combat strategy!

I know that your current, meticulously crafted strategy of lumping all TR into one giant ball and rolling from single base to single base has not been earning you anything like the spoils of war that you have been striving for, and I hope this revelation of mine has helped to guide your orders in a more fruitful direction. Please, share this with all you know who would benefit from it.

With my best,
    ITISWITHGREATSOLEMNITYTHATIANNOUNCETHATIHAVEGROWNFATIGUEDOFTHISWORLD
    • Up x 6
  20. IamCommanderShepard

In regards to Furbz

Ya no offense I disagree. Though 903 tends to be mostly infantry at heart, that's where the core of the game begins. You can't capture a point with air or armor you know? You're welcome to come join one of our ops as a guest, or platoon if need be (I'm not sure if you already have) and see how we work. I am a bit prideful of my guys I won't lie.

When I do catch them zerging I scold them about it because I would like for them to handle situations where it is 2 v 1, we're often defending against the NC's entire army alone at times... It is frustrating but someone has to do it and it's all about fun in the end. As well as vs fights (I love fighting VS :p).

All I am trying to say is we don't like placing a way point down and saying "GET TO THAT!" But more so how to get there. There are occasions where you must put your entire faction into key hexes that I like to call "Points of interest" like Bios, amps, techs, even places like Quartz ridge / Indar Ex, Howling pass, Palisade, the crown, just to give an example of indar's northern POI.

But in the end we do like to rally people to build moral for an overall fun gaming experience, and have open platoons, because I don't believe in a closed door policy personally... There is plenty of time for closed ops, and many regulars come into the platoon that might as well be 903 members, but are honorary. Come and shred it up with us anytime my man.

And last, as far as TRCC goes... Ever since that little Redit drama bs, it's been ridiculous... That post the Doctor made, though funny and him just goofing off "role playing" it was a statement that we can't play this game alone. So don't be alone. I feel like I should take all leaders out to dinner to have a romantic talk and patch things up :/

Candle light dinner by the bay anyone? lol cheers.
    • Up x 3