My entire Empire allegiance is dependent on the MAX. Help me decide!

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Drakortha, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Drakortha

So here it is. Planetside 2 is out and the time has come to pick a side. I'm also going to be throwing a lot of cash at the game, so this decision is really important.

I want to play mainly a MAX, while my brother plays an Engineer. And I be stuck - I cannot decide between the TR or the NC and here's why.

The NC MAX looks like a total badass. He looks at least twice the size as the TR MAX (TR looks like a insect compared). And those dual shotguns.. really effective in closer quarters.

But then the TR max.. dual chain guns. Now talk about feeling powerful..

Guys please help me decide! :(
  2. Hashi

Nc is where it will always be at..
  3. Drakortha

I know, I love the NC but.. those scatterguns are so situational.
  4. Hashi

I use my max mainly for AA, what you can do also is buy a version of the cycler... it's called the grinder
  5. desktop

the twin cyclers can wreck people at close range, they have a better damage falloff than the scatter cannon and can shoot for a lot longer without reloading. the anti amor weapons are also very good if used in a pair although 2 shots isnt that much and they are not very effective against infantry. you may still namange to out tank an HA trooper with them, you will do less damage but you will outlast them.

Its a bit early to decide what faction maxs are the best since they dont have any empire specific abilities yet. the devs have mentioned adding more but im dubious about what ability each max would get. i dont want to have to change faction half way down the line because vanu maxs get jumpjets. I love TR, i would be delighted if jump jets were common pool. I wouldn't be best pleased if flying maxs were vanu only.
  6. oherror

Got to say NC has the only good AI max but frankly the maxes are pretty bad as far as armor is concerned. You can be killed by knifes...yea a freaking knife. PS2 maxes are not = to PS1 maxes. I use maxes only for AA duty so pick whatever empire you like. My choices are TR or NC. I played venu in PS1 but everything that made really unique is gone so no point in PS2.
    • Up x 1
  7. Amador

I haven't used the NC MAX, but I can tell you that the TR Heavy Cycler MAX is completely awesome. If's great at close range, but not better than the NC MAX in that department. However the TR Heavy Cycler MAX is good all around and I've been able to kill other MAX's with it if used conservatively.

I'd go with the TR MAX. It really is better all around.
    • Up x 1
  8. Cryptek

Pick Vanu instead, their AV guns are unmatched since you can actually hit what you're aiming at with them.

However if the decision is between TR and NC.. Depends on whether you enjoy LMG's or shotguns most, because that is basically the difference between the AI weapons on those.
  9. Lightwolf

Go TR on the promise of lockdown. Seems to fit what you're looking for best.
  10. Novmiech

Dislike the situational nature of scatter cannons. Go TR.

(And yea VS is better than both really)
  11. Golden_Dem0n

I don't know if they've added some new weapon on the NC arsenal, but the AI scatter really sucked (low ammo, really only cqc, get 15m away and you cant kill an ilf with no shield), and AV doesn't do as much damage as I think it should (also, low ammo again). I'd rather go HA as I don't feel NC max to be worth its cost, except for some AA 'scaring but not killing unless in packs' action.

I really like the TR cycler and VS AV, but haven't tried them out much...
  12. warmachine1

scatter + falcon MAX is nice all-rounder, dual scat. seem to lack anti-MAX capability
  13. The Loverator

No Offense - but this sound s~ooo stupid to me. >_> Well, okay. I'm only a Vanu Player... ...

It's not about Looks! It's about what you like best! " IF " you like Close Combat, like Fighting in Rooms,
    then the N.C. Max will likely be your Choice. The T.R. M.A.X. seems nice on Close to Middle Range.

As well as the V.S. M.A.X.-Suit, i have to mention. But please don't take the T.R. - 'cause Lore-wise,
    they are a absolutely evil, human-despiteous Machinery who let Criminals look like honorable People.

=P ;)
  14. TatharNuar

The VS MAX is digitigrade, which means that you walk on your toes instead of your whole feet. It really gives a cool inhuman look.
  15. Plunkies

Or it makes you look like a giant purple flightless bird.
  16. MortarionX

Go TR, cyclers are usually always better than the scats in any situation. I would suggest getting the Mercy cyclers, cuz they have higher fire rate and accuracy than the stock cyclers and their only detriment is -10 bullets per mag. And to fix the problem with the TR MAX looking wimpy get the composite armor for it, its about 500 SP and it makes it look sick.
  17. Drakortha

Ok I've decided to go with the TR MAX :) Already got the composite armor and a skull and camo. Already looking the part!

Next up: Cyclers. What about the onslaught? It seems to have an even higher rate of fire than the Mercy. Is it better to have the accuracy of the mercy than the speed of the onslaught?
  18. MortarionX

Mercy I say, because having that accuracy is helpful and the onslaughts have less damage per bullet. Its mostly preference though, cuz the onslaughts are better suited for indoor fighting while Mercys can do both.
  19. Drakortha

Thanks. The mercy's definitely seem the better option then for versatility.
  20. oherror

big time picked up 1 mercy and one mutilator 100 round cyclers for my TR max i own face of any duel scatter NC maxes. Since you have a finite amount of mag ammo. and i have 50 in one arm and 100 in the other.