[Vehicle] My Car Now Belongs to the VS.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MisterSlim, Oct 16, 2014.

1. MisterSlim

This probably doesn't belong in the gameplay discussion area, but since I can tie it to a Planetside 2-related theme, I decided to put it here.

I discovered a paint-like substance called Plasti Dip, which is a rubber-like coating that can be used like paint (and peeled off if it looks awful) and decided to paint my car. I thought for awhile about what color scheme to go with, then thought of how amazing purple and green look together. Rather than use purple as my main color and green as my secondary color, I did it the other way around (because the purple paint was more expensive).

Without further ado, here is an image of my Oldsmobile, painted by me, inspired by the VS.

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  2. DatVanuMan

You've done Papa V proud today, man!
  3. MisterSlim

I didn't think I did too horribly on the painting job either, especially considering it was a $800 car, I'm 18 and have never painted a car before, and I did it outside in a parking lot (and it started raining twice).
  4. TheMish

[IMG]
  5. MisterSlim

I am glad I have brightened your day with some laughter ^.^
  6. Hatesphere

thats.... thats ok I guess. I remember seeing people hit their old cars with cans of spray paint in the parking garage of my old building.
  7. LodeTria

That's not the vanu colour, where's the grey covering 70%+ off the body?
  8. DatVanuMan

Looks better than my old mobile. No really, I used to have one of those little craps, but sold it to get a Benz instead. Best car decision 2014, bro.
  9. MisterSlim

If only I had Benz money. But I got a car for $800 that has been well maintained and taken care of (thank Vanu for old women that rarely drive) with no problems at all. I can't complain at all xD
  10. Shadowomega

Not bad for a first timer, though a Dark Purple should have been the primary and teal should have been the accent.
  11. MisterSlim

I had originally planned on reversing the colors, but the purple paint was much more expensive. I figured as long as I used the colors, it still counted! xP
  12. Shadowomega

Fair enough, didn't think that there would be much of a difference now a days for color paint.
  13. m3talc0re

I dunno... looks shopped to me. The headlights are green and the full size images, there's a lot of green bleeding, like a brush was used.
    • Up x 1
  14. MisterSlim

The headlights are tinted (bought some tint film from a certain online Bay for roughly $7). And the bleeding is because I have absolutely no bodywork experience. I oversprayed the turn signals, and they look hideously yellowed, so I left the paint on them. Like I said, I painted it in a parking lot (I used a house sprayer to boot, so the top two-toned on me). The full-sized image looks rough because the picture was taken with a cell phone. I can assure you, it's a legit paint job (not a wonderful paint job, but it is very much legit).
  15. BobSanders123

[IMG]

For the Terran Republic.
    • Up x 5
  16. MisterSlim

No. That is forbidden! It only works with a car that you paint yourself in a parking lot xP.
    • Up x 1
  17. The Rogue Wolf

I snuck into the lot at night to take a picture of this.

[IMG]Yep, that's Vanu.
    • Up x 5
  18. Hatesphere

its a fast TR car, if I hold down the gas will it keep zig zagging left and right more then the other cars?

on the note of a VS car if I drive it off a cliff will it have no drop?

do the NC drive hummers?
  19. Eyeklops

That's a nice lot of grass you have there.
    • Up x 1
  20. MisterSlim

Go ahead and try it! Remember to wear your seatbelt though!
    • Up x 1