Multi-Crouching - Will you solve the problem ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by customer548, Mar 21, 2017.

1. customer548

Hi,

Multi-Crouching (spamming Crouching shortcut) is simply messing on purpose with your own hitbox in order to "play" with Hit Detection and Latency. Result is often winning 1vs1. Mainly used by HAs. More and more used by everybody on Cobalt.

Do Devs have any plan to solve this issue. Is it even an issue for Devs ?
    Or is it a new "gameplay rule" to constantly have to Multi-Crouch in order to keep any "decent" 1vs1 victory ratio in PS2, especially against HAs ?
  2. stalkish

Dont think they can fix it in terms of fixing the reason it happens.
    Happens with all movements, i was shooting an infil yesterday and it was almost impossible to hit due to moving in 1 direction, then instantly moving in the other, almost teleport like movement all about the place. There was no fluid motion, it was laggy and glitchy as if i was playing with low FPS, i wasnt it was the game lag compensation unable to keep up with erratic movements.
    This happens if you equip adren stint, i do it on LA (when i say 'it' i mean fast random movements) when reloading my shotgun, and i use adren stint. Its amazing how many times you see bullets fly through your screen but take no damage.

Unfortunately this is just the way it is, sure they can reduce the ability to exploit it, but unless they limit how many times you can change direction in a second it wont help anything.
    TBH this is one of the reasons i find infantry gameplay to be annoying, its 'who can exploit the lag better wins' most of the time, makes for ****** gunfights far too often.

This ability to exploit the lag is not something the game teaches you, its something you realise after certain situations, this makes infantry gameplay less skillful than it intends to be, another reason its frustrating.
    I know many people who will simply not put up with it, they either do not play any more or only use vehicles. Its a shame because infantry can be extremely fun, all the exploiting (even if unintentional) ruins it.
    • Up x 1
  3. BrbImAFK

Honestly, I just don't see why they don't add inertia to infantry. They did it to MAX's, so the code-base is already there..... I also think that crouching should have the same effect on your CoF as jumping does - i.e. maxing it out. They're both changing movement states, with a lot less control that if you're maintaining position.

If they did these two things, we might actually be in a position where using cover *shock* *horror* was more effecting than standing in the open, spamming ADAD and crouch!
  4. stalkish

Im not sure it would be as fun.
    I dont mind the whole ADAD crouch things, its what planetside has been for 15 years+, i just hate the exploiting of lag it enables. If the lag went away it would be fine.

Id only ADAD at close range, you wouldnt do it with a sniper rifle at 300m, this means for different ranges there are different styles of fighting, id be disappointed if all gunfights at all ranges revolved around who got down on one knee and got their reticle centered quicker.

Its a difficult problem to say the least, i dont envy the devs trying to solve it, its no wonder they've left it alone for ages (seemingly).
  5. Ziggurat8

Muahaha. Center mass shooters like myself are unaffected by crutch spamming. Players that rely solely on head shots get **** on when someone decides to crouch spam like an epileptic.

Aim for the chest. Let recoil carry your shots into their face if they hold still or compensate and continue to hold center mass if they crutch spam. TTK's what they are get a 750+ RPM weapon and profit.
    • Up x 2
  6. ObiVanuKenobi

CS:GO has a crouch exhaustion thing to solve it. If you try to spam crouch first 1-2 crouches will work normally but afterwards you will crouch slower and slower.
    Decreasing accuracy when crouching would be weird, especially for new players because crouching improves accuracy in almost every FPS game ever.
  7. MasterOhh

In other games the COF of your weapon will increase drastical when you change your stance. So crouch spamming will make you a harder target, but in return, you won't hit the broad side of a barn while doing it.
    • Up x 2
  8. stalkish

And what if someone with a 750+ RMP weapon comes along and aims for your head?;)
  9. Ziggurat8

I crouch. :)

Honestly most of my engagements aren't show down at High Noon shoot outs where ADAD and crouch spam would help. You're either dead before you realize I'm shooting you or I'm probably dead. I'm getting older and my reactions aren't what they were when I first started playing peer 2peer dial up DOOM DM 20 yrs ago. Don't have those crazy twitch skills that let me win by virtue of being faster than the other guy.
  10. ObiVanuKenobi

At least in cs go which is the most popular competetive fps right now crouching only reduces CoF just like in Planetside. I can't think of any game where accuracy decreases when crouching.
  11. DeadlyOmen

When someone crouches, I adjust my aim.

Works for me.
  12. BrbImAFK

Nobody's proposing that crouch-accuracy should be decreased, in that crouching is less accurate than standing. All we're suggesting is that the act of crouching should reduce accuracy for a short period (like 0.5-1 second) to prevent crouch-spamming. It's no different to penalising bunny-hopping (which PS2 does) or dolphin-diving (which isn't a thing in PS2).

As for FPS's which do it, I'm going to mention things like ARMA, which penalise accuracy during stance-changes as well as having stance changes actually having duration, rather than being instant!
  13. MonnyMoony

The ADAD and Crouch spam issue isn't all about aiming though - it's about the fact that changing movement state rapidly glitches the hit box making it impossible to hit your target even if your aim is spot on - simply because the hit box isn't there. It's pretty cheesy

It could be countered by making the crouch animation un-cancelable - i.e. if you go into a crouch - you have to go all the way down - then come all the way back up again. Or by giving all infantry movement some inertia.

It would also help if the crosshair responded to a change in crouch state in a similar way to how it responds when strafing or jumping (i.e. becoming less accurate until the change of movement state has finished.). Doing this may offset the benefit by making your weapon less accurate unless fully crouched.
    • Up x 1