[Suggestion] Move the NS-AM7 Archer to the tool slot

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by TomDRV, Aug 29, 2015.

1. TomDRV

Simples, as title.

Edit: Or the ability slot, which I think may be better
    • Up x 1
  2. Ximaster

Please tell me that u are joking.
  3. Nogrim313

dumb idea, its a primary for a reason, either get good with your pistol or don't use it.

moving it to a slot that allowed us to also have a carbine is just a recipe for it being nerfed to hell.
    • Up x 5
  4. DeadlyPeanutt

i'm ok with that suggestion, or in the pistol slot... as a main, i don't use it... too limited
  5. doomedking517

*chuckes* You realise youre running with a sniper? y'know the primary from another class, its not a good anti-infantry weapon though as its ment for anti-max... you cant have 2 primaries... if you are using it, use it how its supposed to be used, from a distance with another member to take out shorter range foes. its meant to be bad against other infantry (besides max)... why because its so insanely good against one of the biggest and most varied threats on the battle field, a max. you cant ask for a insanely effective long range anti-max weapon and to have an assualt rifle, thats like asking for infiltrators to be alloed SMGs for secondarys... you would be throwing a fit if they got that...
  6. RedArmy

the TR already have the repeater and the AMP, the highest DPS weapons in the game almost. but figure that in with claymore, tank mines, c4, any turret you can imagine - it would make it the only class to play able to use all that AND a carbine
  7. DeltaValkyrie

Move it to Infiltrator would be a better option IMO xD
  8. cobaltlightning

I believe the AMR fits a unique niche. It's a decent enough support item; pick off those base turrets from a ways out, pick off ESFs that are stupid enough to try and hover to nose gun you, and most importantly, eat MAXes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

It's a side-grade, and further emphasizes the Engineer's support role. You might wanna run with the commissioner or underboss if you got the Archer equipped, and a few AI mines.
  9. chuck105

No. Engineers should always be able to drop ammo, and their turrets have a ton more utility than an archer. It's only balanced because so few use it, because it's so niche. It does need a buff to be more than a fun toy, but it's hard to figure out what. Max's already have plenty of threats.
  10. Moz

This for me is also the problem with the Archer, its just to damn limited.

I think some changes to the damage it does to infantry may make it better / more viable....?

I mean there are times its useful in its current form..... they are just very limited.

I personally quite like it in a dedicated MAX support setup, with an Emissary. It allows you to pew pew the LAs with your Emi and help your MAX with the more tricky other MAX suits.

Has its uses.... could be better!

One thought i had was to give the Archer a select fire mode. In mode one it acts like a bolt action sniper for MAX suits (as is) and in the other fire mode it could be used like a 4 round semi auto scout rifle but remove the MAX killing ability? Like a little selector that locks the bolt and turn it into a hammer..... Could be done in the future right?

I believe this would give the Archer something extra without making it all out 2 guns in one (4 shots in a scout isn't many).

No idea how easy this would be to add because i guess they would need the damage multipliers to change depending on fire mode...?

You could also possibly add under-barrel attachments?
  11. HomicideJack

Nah, just using the starter pistols is good enough. I found that using the revolver as basically a primary is too unreliable. If you miss a few shots you die.
  12. ArcKnight

short answer: no

long answer: HELL NO!

that thing is meant to be anti-max, you have to give up something for that power, in this case the ability to mow down infatry otherwise engies would be damn OP
  13. cobaltlightning

1: G T F O Necroposter

2: This was also long before the Emissary Auto-Pistol was a thing. It serves the Archer quite well, too.
  14. HomicideJack

Except that I'm not the one who brought this thread back up. Way to read, genius.
    • Up x 1
  15. cobaltlightning

You're still part of the problem, as is ArcKnight, as is Moz, as is Chuck. As am I.

Hence the part after the G T F O demand.
  16. Codra

It needs to do way more damage to maxes, vehicles and infantry. First thing it should at least 1 shot a soft bodied target in the head like other bolt action sniper rifles and even maxes too or at least drop them down to 1-5% life at most 10%. like i'd understand if it took 4-5 shots to the body of max but honestly thats too many also. There's supposedly a man inside those things, I mean its supposed to be like an anti material rifle similar to a 50 cal barret but instead its just a joke. If you have not wasted any certs on it yet then save them till they buff it. If they ever do.
  17. TombsClawtooth

The Archer does need a damage buff IMO. Not necessarily a change in shots to kill from full health, but enough to make it kill wounded people faster.

I just ultimately wish it would do more armor damage as it would provide a means to return fire against sieging prowlers.
  18. SixNineFour

It should do more damage to harassers and construction modules, but otherwise its fine.
  19. IceMobsterrr

The only thing the archer is 0.5 reduced reload or chamber time. And definitely shorter pull time.
  20. Problem Officer

• Look at those necros!
    • Archer is already OP against MAX which cannot counter it, gets 2 shotted.
    • You're asking for a LOT on 1 class, why not ballz up and ask for more? Go for mechs that launch nukes? :confused:
    Play MAX more, scrubcakes. You'll get DEDICATED Archer pulls, DEDICATED Liberator pulls.
    If you're any good, people will pull them SPECIFICALLY for you, I get them with hate /tells attached.
    Be prepared to switch to BASR Infil to take out the Archer Engi if you want to exponentially multiply their salt.