Mouse issue for me today, requesting advice.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by baka, Apr 26, 2014.

1. baka

Yesterday everything ran perfectly. I have had no updates overnight and all of my system settings are the same (even rebooted), but today whenever I use my mouse to change my view I have a hitch every tenth second or so. Logged into Landmark (mouse movement controls overall character movement, no button holding required) with the same result but DCUO was smooth as ever with the mouse.
    In PS2, if I am in the map view I can use the keyboard to slide the map view smoothly side to side. As soon as I grab with the mouse the screen starts hitching. I have the mouse wheel bound to map zoom and that action is smooth. I toggled between on and off with Reduce Input Lag and Use Raw Mouse Input to no effect. Speedtests show no connection issues, the in game ping is fine and the framerates are normal. The issue is only with movement using the mouse.

This is an issue I have not encountered before -- any ideas?
  2. baka

Got it fixed, but not figured out. The only games affected were Forgelight based (PS2 and Landmark, DCUO and LOTRO were unaffected). Tried a second mouse and there was no hitching. Tried a second Logitech G300 and had the same hitching. Removed the Logitech software and the hitches remained. Removed every single HID Mouse driver from my device manager, rebooted and all the games are smooth again. Re-installed the Logitech software and everything stays smooth.
    Something caused a problem between the Logitech mouse drivers (not the gaming software, the drivers!) and PS2. Very odd, but at least correctable.