[BUG] Motion Spotter Not Picking Up Enemies Consistently

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Kopulator, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Kopulator

This evening while sniping on a high perch. I dropped a motion spotter and it didn't pick up the enemy until until he killed me. However, he was a light assault with a regen 1 implant.

Yet, within 20 meters its supposed to give live updates...
  2. BrbImAFK

IIRC, if somebody crouchwalks they don't show up on scanner. What probably happened is he entered the scanner radius, noticed it and immediately went to crouchwalk. The blip only showed for like a second, and you probably missed it. Then he sneaked up on you and killed you. That would be my guess, anyway.
  3. Kopulator

interesting...even though within 20 meters its supposed to give live updates? Hmmm.
  4. Demigan

The auto-detect range of Motion Spotters is also reduced with that update, as far as I know. So what's more likely is that the LA knew you were there, spotted your motion spotter and crouch-walked over to him.
    As an alternative, radars use your speed to determine if you show up or not (which is why Catlike isn't going to let you run around without being detected). Using Drifter jets and moving upwards slowly can keep you invisible to the Motion Spotter. He could just have moved upwards to your sniping perch, then get on the ridge a few meters away outside of his vision and murder you. That's how I've done it a thousand times already.