Most populated servers.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SgtScum, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Razzyman

Yeah, I'd rather not see Jaeger get merged with one of the big servers. It sounds like there's a lot of bad natured hostility on them, and while being aggressive with each other is a good thing being, A-Holes is a whole different story. Jaeger has a couple of big outfits trying to bring some good things to the server. It would be sad a large influx of different minded players came in and ruin what I believe is going to make Jaeger a really great server. I'm also looking forward to getting some other outfits to join us in some great events.

Edit : I don't really care if we merge, or get merged per se, the name of the server doesn't bother me. I'm just interested in having a quality community.
  2. Dusty El Lion

Same with Soltech, we know our enemy and they know us, there's no real animosity between outfits, just friendly rivalry :p Not to mention we've had some pretty huge outfit coalition on outfit coalition battles. So if the Jaegar folks want to help with that, then that's great! We could use more people. Especially the VS, they seem to be having the most organization issues, not to say they're bad, but I know the NC organization, and I watched the TR E911 stream afterwards, I didn't really see anything on that level out of the VS. It might just be that they got shut down coming out of their warpgate though.
  3. Haterade

And the dude who posted that "Matherson is full of douches and tryhards" is proven correct. I really hope the size of Waterson means it isn't merged with Matherson.
  4. Vapid

I wasn't exaggerating when I made that statement. :) Sorry if you had a bad experience there. Definately not the place to go if you respect your community and expect the same from them.
  5. Haterade

Coming out of beta, a group of friends wanted to play in an East Coast server. I waited until the large zergfits announced their intentions and then picked one that they weren't going to. Now I'll just be pissed if Matherson is merged with Waterson, although there shouldn't be a reason that they would be.
  6. Ash87

Yeah, basically what I meant. You might get one small server merge with Connery, and a couple merge with Jaeger, but then the rest would combine together, rather than merging all the large servers into one, which would swiftly become a Real problem, as with 6000 people per server (2000 per continent) you would start having people getting stuck on continents or something.
  7. Cyridius

Server size isn't an accurate indicator. Whilst Waterson has more accounts created, Mattherson has more general activity - more playtime, more XP accrued, etc.

I would definitely suggest Mattherson. When servers are merged it'll only get better.
    • Up x 1
  8. Negator

Scared of a little competition are we? My statements were accurate, however douchey they might have appeared.
  9. Haterade

You can't believe how frightened I am that I might die a couple more times in a game. Competition is good. Competition makes everyone better. Being a douchey tryhard is bad for the community.

Please don't merge Waterson with Matherson. I'm not sure I can handle their horrible atmosphere.
  10. Takoita

You mean Cobalt doesn't sound boss enough for you? It was a no-brainer for me at least.
  11. Ash87

Funny bit of history that when I read it, I had to post it.

The name Cobalt comes from the old name Kobold. Kobold ore (Otherwise known as Goblin Ore) was mined in order to give metal a blue sheen.

You play on Goblin Server.
  12. Takoita

...it all makes sense now! The players' behaviour, I mean :D
  13. Negator

One post which is causing you to be ********, however accurate it is, is enough for you to claim a 'douchey atmosphere'?

Have you played on Matherson at all?

FYI the OP that stated Matherson is full of 'douchey tryhards' even claimed the competition on Matherson to be enough to 'eat you alive', referring to Connery players transferring.

Anyhow, ill take douchey tryhards over douchey cryhards any day of the week.
  14. T0rin

Competition is serious business on Mattherson. The majority of players (at least in the battles I participate) seem to be nearly all outfitted, be they friendly or enemy.

TR: TE, AOD, BWC, BONK
    VS: AT, TEST, BBRO, NNG, GOTR, V
    NC: GOON, SG, CML, BL, WMD

Each side has at least 1 huge outfit (TE/AT/TEST/GOON) and each side has their smaller outfits. I see a lot of inter-outfit coordination, or at least it is coincidence that I run into the same groups of outfits, base after base. I know the NC at least has a lot of outfit coordination among the smaller (2-6 squad) outfits.

There is a lot of trash talk, because there are a lot of hyper competitive players. There seems to be a lot of hot drop base defending in the past few weeks, on all sides. I've been involved in so many battles that start out as a ghost cap, only to end with multiple platoons going at each other in a protracted fight that generally lasts for 45-120 minutes. Those base defenses generally happen because "We're not going to let those {insert_faction_here} scum take our tech plant!", and people really get into it.

TE it seems is the only organized outfit that just fights to fight. Practically everyone else usually has some arbitrary goal in mind.

Props to VS for getting some fights going on Esamir and Amerish. I know how they feel, having inherited the NC warpgates. What is annoying though, is when the VS have platoons rolling on either Esamir or Amerish, largely uncontested, then the NC hot drop en masse to defend some key base, win a fight, and the VS complain (yeah, I'm looking at you Negator) about being zerged.

I tried to make the point last night in /yell, but you can't reasonably expect us to figure out "Hey, these guys have exactly 73 people at a tech plant on Amerish, let's send exactly 6 squads to fight them, otherwise they might complain on /yell." We send whatever is available, which is usually a handful of squads from several outfits, to converge all at once. We may roll that first base, but usually we spread out and smaller scale fights are had.

I know from personal experience, that from 11pm EST to about 1am, there are a lot of good, small scale fights to be had on non-Indar continents. I've grown a lot of respect for BWC, AOD, BBRO, V and NNG lately because of this. My outfit may be rolling 1-2 squads at that point, and we come against fairly equal sized numbers on Amerish, and have some good fights. We win some, lose some, but I'd like to think everyone involved is having fun. Last night on Amerish around 1am, we had a lot of squad on squad skirmishes on Amerish, and it was a blast. Kept running into the same groups of people, and short of Negator whining like he usually does on /yell about being 'zerged' by 3 squads, it was a good time.
  15. Haterade

I've played there, seen youtube videos and watched streams. The TR players there, by and large, seem like douches. There's always trash-talk (both interfaction and intrafaction), t-bags, and other ridiculousness.
  16. T0rin

There are plenty of good natured TR players, you just won't find them with [TE] tags before their names between the times of 5pm and 11pm EST.

Watching the dregs of Mattherson via twitch and youtube probably gives you a bad understanding of the TR on Mattherson, who are generally summarized by the poorest behavior of the Enclave. Spend some time rolling with BWC or AOD, and you might get a wildly different perspective on things.
    • Up x 1
  17. Sobieski14

Try not to generalize the server over a single outfit.
    * Mattherson is easily going to be longest lasting server due to the large outfits that are on each side.
  18. Stellus

God I hate Matherson. I have to sit and watch TE underlings stand behind the royal highness BuzzCut and repair his tank for him so he can farm kills, or decon their Sunderer so he can plant his in its place. The Goons are no better. They just run around like a flock of dimwitted canadian geese without any regard for their own faction. The VS on Matherson are like this husk of a faction. No character, no spirit. I feel like I'm playing an AI enemy with no soul when I fight them.
  19. Calisai

Yea, Prior to GU2 the pops on Matth were very even... and thus the fighting was pretty even as well. Usually 33-35 per faction. Now its swinging back and forth between TR and NC depending on time, and VS is usually hovering in the 24-29 range consistently. Since there are big outfits on all factions, you have some major clashes....
  20. omega4

I switched from SolTech to Mattherson and have been pleased with the results.

It helps that the Enclave calls Mattherson home, as you can count on lots of players on that server during peak times, as well as a fair number during off-peak times (which was still a lot more players than the peak times on SolTech).

Beware if you're a pilot though. The Matthereson players understand the value of Ground AA and are VERY willing to use it during peak hours!

It's not the server to be on if you're a pilot that wants to make a YouTube video showcasing your "skills".