[Suggestion] more vehicle captureable bases/outposts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TR5L4Y3R, Dec 4, 2018.

1. TR5L4Y3R

title but with a difference and by all means feel free to correct me or complement to the idea

also bare with me as i haven´t played for a while due to constant crashes .. sooo i may have forgotten what each continent may offer in this regard besides capturpoints with a buildzone or bases with a buildzone above them ...

soo having played MW:O again recently i looked at a couple of maps and thought that maybe some elements could be implemented to the continents of ps2 or future oshur (which may be already a thing and this thread is a waste but whatever)

examples would be maps like frozen city, river city or crimson strait that have buildings that help break line of sight
    or alipine peaks with hills
    but NOT polar highlands which is basicaly esamir with pretty flat terrain were you can just artillerystrike/bombard (i mean by vehicle) into any open area ...

point is having more vehicle capturable open area points but with propper cover so these battles don´t become just a open slugfest but an area where vehicles look for more tactical positions ... like have either buildings of ruins or wallpieces be spread around that capturepoint/or points that help vehicles to defend or aproach the point to a fair degree ... the area should be a no buildzone (maybe a no OS zone even) but a deployzone for sunderers to have infantry help the vehicles in that area ..

this kind of open capturepoint that may lack any hardplaced infantry or vehicle spawnpoint and has a no buildzone may serve as a alternative laticelink/route to a propper base or facility ..

what do you think about this idea? how would you have such a area be build up than what we have available now? or are you happy with the current vehicle capturepoints?

you can take a look on the mechwarriormaps here:
    https://wiki.mwomercs.com/index.php?title=Maps
    i am basicaly asking for some examples of these but be implemented into ps2 in a smaller scale ...
    • Up x 1
  2. PlanetBound

Great idea. Breaks up the easy spawning to defend against lone infiltrators like me.
  3. adamts01

You should really look at that Hybrid Hex system again. It's basically a bunch of capture points in between and around bases. The big worry was that bases would be skipped, but maybe they could do something like not be able to push past the base till the base is capped. And if you completely encircle the base, defenders get their spawn time doubled. That system really solves so many problems.
    • Up x 1
  4. TR5L4Y3R

i do not like that system of what moukas suggested, instead i would rather prefer a more inteligent latticesystem that offers options .. the hybrid hex system still may lead more to armies avoiding each other especialy with the idea of surounding bases and cutting them off is too much of a possible cheesestrat it may make no sense at all to defend anymore as you can now force the defenders to come out of the base or be cut of from reinforcements ..
  5. strikearrow

I like the Hybrid Hex system, but I think bases would need to be more defensible than they currently are and the respawn timer would have to change based on how many links remained for the base, until the last link is cut and the base loses all spawn room spawns.

It would make PMBs and vehicles much more important.
  6. strikearrow

Taking any ideas from MWO is a bad idea. MWO is an awful game. Can you imagine the PS2 grind if you had to buy an identical separate pistol for each class or remove the pistol from one class to put it into the class you wanted to use at the moment? Now add in camos, implants, weapon scopes, dark lights, utility slots - everything and you have the grind in MWO for load-outs. Plus MWO maps are tiny compared to PS2.

Just avoid anything to do with MWO at all costs.
  7. TR5L4Y3R

good you didn´t get a thing of what i was talking about ..

and no aside from the grind which is no different to this game there are thinsg MW:O DOES better than PS2 ...
    so no i won´t avoid it because i like propper tactical mechcombat ...