More SMGs pls, SOE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EViLMinD, Dec 25, 2013.

1. DukeFlash

You're serious?

I'm all for Infilitrators getting new toys but giving them more SMGs is the last thing I want!
    I keep saying. AND WILL KEEP SAYING, give them James Bond-esque gadgets not more pew-pew drivel.

Grapping hooks, poison darts, explosive decoys (fake ammo pack?) but please Lord almighty stop turning trying to turn Infiltrators into Rambo. Sappers that slow vehicles, laser designators for super X-ray target spotting, wrist lasers, the ability to feign death... the list could go on and on. They should be the most imaginative class and it just isn't happening!
    • Up x 3
  2. doombro

They should make the first gen SMGs 250 certs at the very least. It's ridiculous to make the key to an entire role so inaccessible.
    • Up x 2
  3. DukeFlash

I think it's why they made the NS SMG part of the 99 SC daily sales, they were tacitly admitting everyone should have an SMG (namely for Infiltrators).

I bought it because I didn't have an SMG yet and I like purchases that unlock to all empires, I feel like I get more of my money's worth.
    Still, I agree that the barrier is rather staggering. I feel the same way about ESFs and rocketpods. It's probably the #1 reason I never got into flying. Going from no secondary weapon to a secondary weapon that (once upon a time) was good at killing everything is huge and meant the difference in the early days of whether you farmed or got farmed.
  4. Bankrotas

I find you are shallow individual, if you only can think that way wanting a shallow thing.
    • Up x 1
  5. EViLMinD

lol wtf? Go have another rum and eggnog. Perhaps, you'll make sense then.

Me... shallow? pffft. I'm not just an a$$ man. I'm also a b00b man.... and a leg man... and a face man... and personality is rather important to me too.

Fella, when you've logged as many hours as I have you see things differently. Like I said, I want new guns because I want something new to play with. That's not shallow. That's liking something new every now and then. It's adventurous to try new things. Don't you get that? Or, did/does your mother have a hard time feeding you?

NEW SMGs WILL COME, KIDDIES. It's a logical assumption. SMGs rule in cqc (the most important range in the game), available to every non-MAX class and yet we only have three...?

Don't want new content? Don't agree with it? Well... TOO FREAKIN' BAD. Don't buy 'em. Just stay with the current SMGs (which are great) and sthu. The rest of us will have fun talking about and trying these new guns.
  6. Chivalry

I'll assume that was a response to me. Nothing in my post was against adding more weapons, and throwing random insults isn't going to win you many supporters.

I asked a simple question: what should the new guns do that the current ones cannot?

Or is it fair to say that you are unable to answer that? That you don't know why you want something new other than the fact that it is new.
  7. NC_agent00kevin

Time to Auraxium that PDW ;)
  8. KnightCole

Idk what the Assault Rifle sniper full auto thing is....go use that.

But more SMG infiltrator? As if its not annoying enough. Next were going to have an Exmag LMG on the Infil...just give it time.
  9. Epic High Five

But those are the best ones. The Cyclone man, MY GOD that thing is obscene.

If you've run out of thing to aurax on your infil, perhaps maybe you should go for honorary multi-auraxes (I've got 4 on my SAW) on a favorite gun or perhaps spend some time in a different suit? :)
  10. Metal Insomniac

I'd say we have a pretty good variety as is. Although I would like to see new SMG's, I think we have far more things that should be implemented beforehand, such as class updates. This would enrich an entire class, rather than just adding another weapon to be played around with. However, I can agree that an (ES) SMG should be next in line for a new weapon.
  11. vsae

Just make auraxium medals repetitive.
    • Up x 1
  12. Crackulous

Would you like shotguns as well as carbines?
  13. IamDH

[IMG]
    I cant agree with you if you only thought of an NC version.
  14. Lamat

...then you wake up behind the wheel with 4 dead prostitutes in the trunk and a suitcase full of blood stained cash...

But seriously, once you hit BR 100 getting Auraxium on different guns becomes your only meta game.
    • Up x 1
  15. Axehilt

New content is not only fun (the goal of players) but profitable (the goal of developers.) Providing new things players are excited about is the point of having a live team on a game.
  16. Lamat

I think it would be awesome if you could get double, triple Auraxiums on weapons.

But before another SMG, I'd like to see more weirder scifi weapons. I was hoping that Deep Freeze pistol as going to have a slowing effect on the enemy.

Where are all the freeze rays, disintegration guns, tractor beams? Weird guns like the needler in halo, a gun that shoots exploding glass shards? Yes please! NC should have a weapon like a Space Marine bolter, big gun that fires explosive rounds. Autocannons on the MAX. Lets think bigger.
  17. Vorxil

200 damage S-S-SMG?? For an infiltrator?
    *shudder*
    Madness, I say. 5 bullets and you're dead. TTK will be so low that by the time you realize you're being shot at post-cloak, you'd have lost most of your health.
  18. Torok

• Up x 1
  19. EViLMinD

It's naive to think there won't be more SMGs added REGARDLESS of whether or not the game needs them. Silly to assume that more SMG options will spur infiltrators to use them even more (lower prices on ANY smg will do that). And, moot to say the game needs X fixed first.

Rather than be a bunch of negative nancies, just accept that more SMGs are coming. There is nothing you can do to stop it. Nadda. Zip. SMGs are popular because they're fun to use, arguably the best option for cqc, handy as hell for infiltrators and WILL NOT BE REMOVED NOW (too late and SOE knows it) and the moment SOE pops out a new batch there will be mass purchases.

Now... onto sharing ideas about the kinds of new SMGs we could see...

A 200 dmg NC SMG could work fine if it had the right measure of handicaps: low rof, high recoil, smaller mag size etc. To make the VS and TR players happy, give them 167 dmg SMGs. This could be their Cyclone.

I'd also like to see an SMG that sacrificed accuracy, dps and mag size for high RoF. Something like a Mac10 or mini-uzi. Bad at range but strong up close.

I'd also like to see an SMG that has a single fire mode option and access to HVA. It could have a decent dps, average rof and a slower reload. It would be nice for some of my inf missions if I had something that was a cross between a SR and the PDW. I like using 3.4/4x scopes on a gun that's good for mid-long ranges. This SMG wouldn't be super powerful at one specific range, but it would be higly versatile and adaptable. Slightly better at cqc and hipfire than a SR, but with less range effectiveness.
  20. Vorxil

If infiltrators get that then I want a sniper-esque BR/LMG with low enough recoil to make the 4x+ scopes worth a damn.