MORE res invulnerabilty crap

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by {joer, Feb 6, 2013.

1. {joer

I flank and kill five guys, the last 3 with a grenade. ONE of them was getting resessed. Hes a medic. SO all are dead and one then "rises" from the pile of bodies. Who I can't kill. Med tool obviously 6, so he gets a res on the other medic, and the other med reses the heavy. Finally I get the first medic killed but they get me by then.

STUPID MECHANIC IS STUPID SOE MAKE IT GO AWAY.
    • Up x 5
  2. SharpeShooter

THIS SOOOO THIS! I couldn't agree more! the invulnerability is just STUPID!
    • Up x 5
  3. RasFW

And to think! Nobody saw it coming! How could we have looked over such an obvious exploit?!
    • Up x 3
  4. Baleur

Because SOE thinks getting instakilled is not fun for players.

WELL WHY ARE THEY CHOOSING TO SPAWN IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIGHT IF THEY DONT WANT TO GET KILLED?
    • Up x 2
  5. Dulu

MAKE THE BAD MECHANIC GO AWAY
    • Up x 1
  6. Parasyte

I thought the invulnerability was supposed to drop once a player used a weapon/tool/etc?
  7. The King

I thought so too, however, I do think that players shouldn't get invulnerability while getting resurrected from medics.
    From sunderers, it seems okay if once they move their crosshair or a certain time frame, whichever comes first, they should no longer be invulnerable. I doubt that's what happens, but I haven't noticed. But the medic resurrecting is just crap.

I killed a few people over and over while a medic went and revived someone while the guy was invulnerable, I forgot about this and kept shooting the guy, then I go and shoot the one who resurrected the immune guy, killed him but he resurrected the other guy, now I go try and kill the one that was immune and then the other guy popped up, which I couldn't kill and now he's resurrecting the other guy. It's a vicious cycle. I eventually died, but I was using my phantom sniper rifle and it was just too hard to stop it.
  8. Aliasse

Invulnerability in a Base/Outpost spawn room - Okay... That's fine.
    Invulnerability from a sunderer - No.
  9. {joer

The problem is you don't know WHEN you can shoot, I wasted a clip, and the ttk + having to wait for him to do something means a high level medic tool will have no problem resing someone before they get killed. I'm sure two guys that knew what they were doing could trade reses indefinitely.
    • Up x 2
  10. SharpeShooter

The invulnerably when some one resses at a bus is also stupid! Just the other day I was planting c4 on a bus blew it and ofc it has a slither of health left, so I was trying to kill people as they ressed until one of my platoon members could rush over with a rocket launcher. the first person to ress was an engie with an smg I shot a few times and noticed he was invulnerable so I waited, in the time he had he was able to turn around crouch and aim his gun before this invulnerability finished ofc I lost the fight as I had 5-10 bullets less in my clip as I was taking pop shots every now and then to see if the red crosshairs showed up. All in all this is the most stupid mechanic I have ever seen!
  11. Parasyte

Couldn't you just start shooting when you see them use a tool?

That being said, there really should be some kind of shield effect or nameplate icon which indicates the temp-invulnerability.
    • Up x 1
  12. WrrLor

This thread is full of win.

This is a horrible idea and should be removed completely.

Replace it with the ability to see our corpse so that we don't accept a rez with an enemy right on top of us, but as someone said up above, spawn rez is stupid unless you are in the spawn area.

Spawn on a Sundy in a hot locale and insta die, too ******* bad.
  13. Clutchstep

The invulnerability should've dropped as soon as he started healing, and probably as soon as the med-gun is equipped. Even with a level 6 tool it takes a couple of seconds to revive someone. If the invulnerability didn't drop, it is a bug. The invulnerability is supposed to be less than a second, which means that you should start damaging him even if he does nothing and you start shooting too early. If it lasted longer that's probably a bug too. What kind of gun were you using?
    • Up x 2
  14. phreec

Nobody? The roadmap thread for spawn protection had at least twice as many downvotes as it had upvotes. But still they implemented it...
  15. 01101010

Look more of the sky is caving in all around us!! RUN AWAY!!
  16. ent|ty

Looks like the zombie-rising medic packs from yesteryear will find a new home soon. Won't be able to stop them.. The medic squads from BF2 were a horror to try to kill as they leap-frog rez'd each other towards your flag.
    Invulnerability makes it worse.