[Suggestion] More Max Implants

Discussion in 'MAX' started by VillusVill, Dec 10, 2021.

1. VillusVill

With all of the Berserker commotion it got me thinking up of some ideas to replace it or add more implants into the game. So here's 3 ideas I had.

S1. Make a implant called "Death's Grip"
    Buff: The lower a Max suit's HP the higher its damage multiplier goes. 100% HP = 1x damage at 20% HP = 2x damage nothing more for damage buff blow 20% HP
    Debuff: Max takes 20% more damage

S2. Make a implant called "Nanites Overdrive"
    Buff: Repairs max at 25 HP a second even under fire.
    Debuff: Max takes 20% more damage. Healing does not work while max suit ability is activated.

S3. Make a implant called "Experimental Mender"
    Buff: Max heals himself & everyone within 7m around him 30 HP constantly & even under fire.
    Debuff: Only heals to 60% of max HP and does not stack with anything.
  2. Liewec123

before zerker was thrown into the game in an OP state i had an idea for a few max implants aimed at giving maxes a bit more survival.

the first idea was "Maintenance Mode":
    while stationary and not firing you gain passive health regen.

the second implant idea that i had was "Bunker Down!" for TR:
    while anchor is active gain bonus resistances.

and for NC i thought of "Unyielding Centurion"
    while Aegis Shield is active gain health regeneration.

Maintenance Mode and Unyielding Centurion wouldn't stack,
    but i imagine Maintenance Mode and Bunker Down would, for a pretty beefy TR loadout.

i'm not sure about a VS implant since ZoE is just pretty lame...
    • Up x 1
  3. VillusVill

I made a mistake with "Nanites Overdrive add & does not stack with anything to it's debuff.
  4. VillusVill

Ow constructive discussion I love this. I like your "Maintenance Mode".

For "Bunker Down!" I'm a bit unsure but than again the max suit can't move so he's more exposed to high damage weapons if that's the case.

As for "Unyielding Centurion" I think "Berserker" kinda showed off the flaws with that idea because that shield just gives the max suit a small safe heaven in the middle of a fire fight to heal up which makes players feel robbed. Maybe make it so the shield can be wider to cover the sides to allow for more friendlies to hide around the max suit. Meanwhile the shield's larger footprint will make it absorb more damage thus causing it to break faster. Would make a good push or fall back tool.

As for Vanu they're a bit tricky. Though we could take a page from PS1 and give them a jetpack or charge ability for a 40% trade off and can't shoot while active. Though I'm not sure if that's a fair trade off or not but would find in the whole Vanu has mobility trope.
    • Up x 1
  5. brutes359

Bunker down does sound interesting. Could make TR MAX's actually be able to hold points like they used to. How about we add another called "Stabilizers" that makes them more accurate while locked down as well. The value of that combined with Mercy's, bursters, or fractures could really change the tide of battle.

As for the aegis shield idea, I like it. Could give the NC max some more longevity in the grand scheme of things which we really need since the nerfs to flak armor around 4-5 years ago. I would also ask for another though called "Insulated Armor" which would further reduce explosive damage from C-4 and stack with ordinance armor. I vaguely remember there already being one called "Reactive Armor" that did something similar, but it relied on you surviving the first blast, which made it less helpful since it usually only takes one brick of C-4 due to flak armor not protecting against "Direct Hits" which I believe the game considers any C-4 pack within 3 FT to be a direct hit.

What I would really like to see with MAX suits is boosts to survivability, although the damage buffs to NC MAXs was a nice touch it still doesn't help them be the disrupter units they were designed for. I would like to see more implants that offer them survivability over DPS such as armor boosting implants and passive repair implants.
  6. TR5L4Y3R

don´t mind/realy care bout implants but what MAX´s need is generally more surviveability (i wouldn´t mind if they lose a slight bit of AI capability for it) outside of bases as well as infantrysupportabilities, f.e. motionspotter, shieldregen, ammopack things like that ...
  7. lamsai

i would not mind an sensor radar implant like infiltrator sensor dart.it is an dead give away on the map so it is not OP