[Suggestion] More magazine rounds for Mag-Scatter and T4-AMP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hegeteus, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Hegeteus

Mag-Scatter and T4-AMP(which I can't vouch for personally though) could use some extra rounds in their magazine. For Mag-Scatter I was thinking 1-2 additional rounds, I don't know how much AMP would need, or if it maybe needs entirely something else. I included T4-AMP for this thread because I knew as a fact that it would pop up as well and I agree it seems it needs some help too.

Currently it's difficult as stalker infiltrator to nail heavy assaults down with the mag-scatter since the magazine size requires you to shoot with nearly 100% accuracy. I have tried to get perfect aim through hours of use, but it's just impossible in a game where infantry moves around like rapid animals. Remember that even if mag-scatter gets more magazine size, it will not beat commissioner in very many ways.
    I very well know knife helps greatly with the mag-scatter and that I did agree to duking it out in close quarter when I picked the weapon, but that's not really a good argument against this suggestion
    • Up x 2
  2. ZDarkShadowsZ

I certed into the T4 the day it was released on live. Looking back I don't know what on earth I was thinking. For a short while I had it on my Stalker Infiltrator build and then quickly came to realise how bad it was in comparison to using the Repeater so it took a back seat and have abandoned it since.

I think its mag size is 'ok'. I think its RoF is really nice, but what I find annoying is how quickly it blooms. 100 damage with a 21 round mag in a paint sprayer is often annoying to use. I found it was only useful if I practically shoved the weapon up my target's backside and released the trigger, otherwise anything further away and it sprayed all over the place.
    • Up x 1
  3. Villanuk

That LOL. I dont think any more ammo with help, its COF is just appalling tbh.
  4. FateJH

To be fair, that's essentially how the original AMP worked too.
    (The original Mag-Scatter was much less useful than the current Magscatter. You could stand at point blank and a few pellets would still miss.)
  5. Liewec123

i'd be happy if magscatter just did a little more damage per pellet, or had afew extra pellets so you can nail those 2 shot kills more reliably. if we wanted 3 shot kills we'd just grab a commie or underboss and do it from across the room! :)

don't get me wrong, i'm hooked on using the mag-scatter for stalker infil, it sucks but its strangely addictive, i just wish it was a bit better :p
  6. LodeTria

ACX-11 could use more rounds in the mag too.
  7. Hegeteus

Reason why I'm recommending magazine size is because it's subtle buff option and eliminates at least one shortcoming of the mag-scatter. This way TR and VS don't get to call it too quick and too difficult to react against. My biggest and only problem with it is heavy assaults as I always seem to be just one round too short.

I understand why mag-scatter has limitations to keep it in check, but low magazine size is at least one which we should get rid of while it still has low fire rate. Like I said, my problem is not with support classes, but heavy assaults especially over any other ranges than point blank.
  8. Campagne

Nah. The T4 AMP doesn't need to use half or more of its magazine to kill someone at a touch. :p

The MagScatter is truly awful though. It needs more than just mag size, and even then it needs as many shells as it can get. But that said, even one or two more shots would really help it.