[Suggestion] More LAs needed in general

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by RockPlanetSide2, Apr 21, 2014.

1. RockPlanetSide2

Honestly about 99% of the time when I play this game, I always look around the battle field and think "man if we were all LA's (even with basic jet-packs) this fight would be a lot easier or just won and done with. Most fights in general are infantry based, even if there are some tanks and planes. Shooting down on your enemies from cover is pretty much the best possible option in PS2, as far as I can tell (I'm sure somebody has to agree with that).

I think that not enough people switch to LA when it is needed. There is this awful mentality in this game that people have "HA is MY class" or "Medic is MY class" (and in my mind I'm saying that in my most annoying possible kid voice) even when it forces you to bad situations like small room fighting or running though gates like lemmings... when you could just be up and over the wall, on the roof shooting down on to enemies heads... or "we got to the generator in 5 seconds instead of 45 because we... FLEW."

There are just so many situations in the game where if your whole platoon just went LA even with starting weapons and level 1 jet packs, the amount of firepower you could just rain down on any enemy force from ABOVE their position seems almost comical to me. And if everybody even just had 1 C4 it would be extra-crazy-good.

Sure you can't shoot down planes, but you can easily kill tanks... but any organized platoon can quickly deal with that anyway with just switch to HA (again same issue as above tho, "this is MY class"... "why the **** are you still a Medic?... those are tanks... 'this is MY class!'".

Especially on maps like Amerish... you could fly up the mountain and be smoking fools in like 5 seconds even with the level 1 jump jets... but, no... you are running up the road though some cave, past a bunker, over some more rocks, and then you get killed... and you do it again... wasting another 45 seconds... I've seen people do this 5 times in a row... like they are just zombies.

I just feel that the issue with LA (outside of tower farming bad players) is that it is exponentially better the more you have and it is just often mocked because it is not that great solo (honestly, flying around by yourself is not as good as Stealth, Healing, Shields, or Mines... let's be realistic... but, solo speaking... come on).

I don't agree with the fact that LA is the worst at taking bases either... I think that a few LAs here and there are a waste... yes, but when you have all (or A LOT) of LA's and you are just pouring into a base shooting from all X, Y, AND Z angles it is just insane. Even without Medics, you are able to get to where you want to go very quickly even after a death... I think people just don't realize how slow they are reaching objectives on foot sometimes.

And "all" LA's allow for much more strategic Sundy placement, as you don't have to account for people having to run around mountains... you just go up them. It's not like LA's are bad inside small rooms either, you are still shooing your gun and you have grenades and C4... "come on in".

Get your platoon to do more "everybody is LA" raids... they work... and they are fun. Diversity is not always the answer in PS2... sometimes you just need to hit the enemy with the biggest possible HAMMER, and LA is just the right tool.

I'm not saying do this in an MLG championship match... but, for general everyday alert mayhem... make it fun.

Just some wild ranting.
  2. Iridar51

The low number of LAs probably has something to do with them being weak and not versatile in normal combat situation when compared to real front line classes.
  3. RockPlanetSide2

Exactly what I just wrote 8 paragraphs about...

Solo = bad
    Groups = awesome

They are not meant to be played solo.
  4. Iridar51

I didn't say they're weak solo. They're weak overall. Same amount of heavies will take them out easily, same amount of heavies + medics will leave them no chance.

Carbines' only advantage is hip fire accuracy, which doesn't begin to matter until LA is within 10-15m to the enemy, and it's not often possible to put yourself so close to the enemy before the engagement happens. Otherwise LA weaponry is inferior to LMGs and ARs, and LA's main ability doesn't really help once firefight has started.

EDIT: If your squad's objective is to have fun killing stuff and fooling around (in a good way), then all LA sure can provide that.
    If your ultimate objective is to capture stuff, then there's already much more effective meta in place.
  5. Sandpants

I mentioned it once to a group of people I played with and was meant with minute log silence as if someone died.

This game does a poor job at showing what is potentially possible.
    And you can't blame it the players lack of imagination if the game conditions you to think and play in a particular way. Just one of the many contradicting things in this game.

For example - the whole spawn room camping fiasco.

Also, it sounds good in theory, but LA squads, even if matching in numbers to regular squads, are easy to water down. As they die, they lose the amount of feet on ground, unlike where medic and heavy reinforced platoons are far more robust and quick to replenish.