More frequency of xp gained=more lag :(

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by a4555in, Jan 18, 2014.

1. a4555in

Whenever I get a stream of xp, I always lag(stuff warps around) in 48+ fights. Have to wait anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes for it to stabilize again depending on frequency of xp gained. Amount of xp gained does not matter, frequency does. This is why you will rarely find me repairing MAXes in 48+ or healing. I am barely rarely able to use my 2nd c4 if I kill more than 5 people with my first. Turning on AoE heal in a big fight usually results in lag which lasts more than 7 minutes.
    Any way around this?
    (INB4 you say "kill less stuff")
  2. VanuSovereignty

I've never experienced this problem or heard of it before. How good is your computer?
  3. a4555in

I can confirm there's nothing wrong with my computer, FPS remains consistent(~50FPS).
    Have had this problem since the beginning..this is the first thread I've made about it.
  4. SenEvason

I can't say I've ever noticed this. I'll keep an eye out for it next time I play.
  5. a4555in

Hmm..I think me playing from Asia might be the reason..my modem must be at it's limit in 48+ fights, and the frequent xp might be throwing it over the top:(
  6. WyrdHarper

Higby confirmed that cert gain is one of the primary causes of lag a long time ago. That's why there is sometimes a delay between what you've earned and your killboard, and you can lose certs when you crash, esp. during big fights (the amount of times the server checks it is reduced to increase performance).
  7. GhastlyThree

I've noticed this when I use a repair sundy, I end up de-syncing and my sundy explodes, usually causing several team kills
  8. Amouris

Having this issue again, it seemed to have been fixed with the optimization patch for a while. Now I am unable to repair, set an AMS up, or get recon darts/motion sensors up in battles in the high end of 25-48 without my ping jumping up to the 11,000 - 40,000 range. I **** you not.
  9. a4555in

Same here, started after the latest 'hotfix'. Can't get more than 10 xp in a 48+vs48+ battle without everything warping all over.
  10. ZeroErrorz

hmm how about your internet speed, im from asia,indonesia and playing with 300 kb/s or 1 mb depent on the isp status, lag would only happen when the internet speed is bellow 100 kb thats where the lag start to show up
  11. a4555in

Hmm my internet speed is about 0.8-1 mbps usually, but ping is horrible(275ms average). What's yours?