More flavor for distinctively named outposts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blarg20011, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Blarg20011

Some more flavor for distinctively named outposts would be great, some examples and suggestions are below.

• The NC Arsenal- Add in derelict NC vehicles, vehicles weapons, ammo, and empty armor. Some garages with dis-assembled stuff would be cool too.
    • The Auraxian Cryobank- Cryo tubes, 'nuff said
    • Soltech Charging Station- Something that actually looks like it could be used for chargin woulf be nice, like a gas pump sorta thing.
    • Torremar Storage Yard- Add in a bunch of those containers they have modeled already laying around.
    • Aramax Chem. Co.- Large cylinders that look like they hold, well, chemicals would be nice
    • Torremar Salvage Yard- Again, add in some of the orange containers, and possibly some scrap metal looking stuff.
    • Auraxis Firearms Co.- Firearms, fire arms everywhere.
    • Alkali Shipping- Containers again
    • Crater Firing Range- How hard could it be to actually have a firing range at the firing range? Lift some assets from VR training.
    • Alkali Storage- Yet again, containers.
    • Ceres Farms- Where is the farm? Add some fields like at Shadespire.
    • All "Mining" and "Construction" outposts- This is the most work, but if some heavy mining/construction equipment could be modeled and added to all these bases it would be great!
    • Up x 20
  2. Blarg20011

I'm going to through in some estimated difficulty here, probably not that accurate, but why not.

• NC Arsenal- Medium/Hard
    • TAC- Easy
    • SCS- Easy
    • TSY- Very Easy
    • ACC- Very Easy
    • TSY- Very Easy
    • AFC- Medium/Hard
    • AS- Very Easy
    • CF- Medium
    • Medium/Hard
    • Up x 2
  3. Codex561

Great idea!
  4. Blarg20011

Oops, forgot CFR, Easy as the assets already exist
  5. Blarg20011

6. applepienation

I would like that. There are some cases already of bases having that unique flavour (The (pre-nerf) Crown, The Stronghold, That farm place on Amerish.), but there is so much potential for more.

Especially the firing range, are a few craters too much to ask?
  7. ATATkiller

• All Biolabs and the Terran BL-4 crash site: TR stickers, since they were manufactured by the Terran Republic. It would also be nice to see different biolabs on each continent have different kinds of vegetation, IE: Rashnu has a swamp-based environment, Allatum has a more arid environment, Saurva has a subarctic taiga environment.
    • The Stronghold: More faction-flavored stuff, since it was likely built from the ground-up as a military outpost by one of the factions.
    • Esamir Munitions Co: More firearms, same as Auraxis Firearms Corp. Also, both of these should be NC-themed, as the abbreviations for both Auraxis Firearms (AF) and Esamir Munitions (EM) are found in NC weapons, suggesting that they supply our brave and noble freedom fighters.
    • Bastion & Bulwark: The massive guns seen in the tech plants, but instead with the system appearing to be ready for battle rather than opened and disassembled.
    • Vanu Archives: More alien tech lying around and possible more VS-themed as well.
    • Up x 8
  8. Pikachu

In short add some more sense to the bases.
    • Up x 5
  9. Blarg20011

Great, love it!

Yep, pretty much.
    • Up x 3
  10. AntonioAJC

Oh, lord of all necromancy! I call you now, to revive this thread!
    These are some really nice points here. I would really like these kinds of variation in the bases rather than the generic building with a few stuff and computers with it. I want a place it is what its name is saying. A shipping yard, or a weapon manufacturer.
    • Up x 1
  11. Blarg20011

Yep, and most of them could just re-use existing assets in clever ways. I don't think you really had to summon the Lord of Necromancy though, a nice set of defibrillators probably would have been good. ;)

Back to the point of the thread, I love to fight at places like LithCorp Secure Mine, Ikanam Impact Site, The Bastion, Splitpeak Pass, Frostbite Harbor, The Stronghold, etc. because they look like what they claim to be. It really adds depth and immersion to the game when you feel like you're fighting for a territory that might be important, instead of just a collection of random buildings out in the middle of no where.
    • Up x 1
  12. vanu123

The crown should be filled with golden cert points and turn into a crown fit for a KING!
    • Up x 3
  13. Blarg20011

And in the days of old it was! Certs rained from the sky as the unwashed heathens beat themselves mindlessly against its great cliffs and walls, and there was great rejoicing. Then, one day, a dark shadow fell over the land, the Great Lord Higgles had raised his nerf bat high and brought it down over our beloved crown, smiting it forever more. In the place of the cliffs and walls there were now jumppads, the capture points, held firmly in the citadel for years months had been broken and scattered over the land. The heathens cheered, for now they had a chance at taking this glorious beacon of Loyalty and Honor, but among the brave citizens of the Republic there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Remember this story my child, do not let it happen again.
    • Up x 4
  14. Blarg20011

I think I'll perfect this later.
    • Up x 2
  15. Teoke

You dont get the joke!

It's you being farmed, or you doing the cert farming!:D
    • Up x 1
  16. ADUILO

Agreed.

Also, bump!
  17. SpyderSeven

Bump, these are awesome suggestions. Would make you feel like you are fighting across the surface of a planet as opposed to three colored islands with buildings.
  18. DatVanuMan

What about our Archives, you heretic? We VS deserve some cool crap in our facilities too!
    • Up x 2
  19. ZBrannigan

would be quite cool to get 'lore' info from vanu archives, the odd artifact on display, hologram of a vanu or vanu vehicle, maps of 'old' auraxis ;) etc.

the 'mines'(blackshard, old auraxium etc) should be 'mines', ie: tunnels into the rock. cap points in there.

salvage yard could be like an aircraft bone yard[IMG]
    possibly the vehicles used to explore auraxis originally.

crater firing range should have a few of those massive cannons that do nothing in tech plants.......... but every so often they fire off a salvo.