[Suggestion] More Alien tech..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GImofoJoe, Feb 9, 2014.

1. GImofoJoe

I see the devs bringing the crossbow to the game. Why going medieval instead of futuristic? Alien is the big part of the Planetside story, yet the only alien architecture is the warp gate. No alien wild life forms, no alien weaponry.

A few examples I can think of on top of my head...

Stasis gun - freeze enemy, during which they're invulnerable for short period of time. Can use it on enemies acting as shields in small corridors (although this probably annoy the heck out of people)

Sticky poop gun - slow enemies down, the more you get hit the slower until you're completely stuck on the ground for a short while. Still able to attack, just can't move. Can shoot at ground to slow enemies, engineers can disintegrate these traps.

HA Beam gun - continuous damage flesh and vehicle alike, but give away your position instantly, take 1 sec to charge up before firing, no ammo, just cool down.

Engineer's glowing energy body armor - make the torso and arms invulnerable, stick out like a sore thumb, can only carry secondary weapon, must aim head and legs to kill. Fit in primary weapon slot. Boost repair speed slighty. Good for those engineer who follow a max around, or play support role mostly.

Engineer's barricade construction - build with his repair gun. Great defensive tool.

Medic's gun overcharge - when healing someone over 100%, 50% more will enhance their speed, reload and ads speed, and less recoil.

Medic's Bio suit - replace primary weapon slot, continuously but slowly aoe heal. Significantly boost the medic gun healing and revive speed. While healing your ally with the medic gun, you will also heal yourself at 50% rate of the medic gun.

LA exoskeleton pneumatic legs - A horizontal boost instead of vertical like jetpacks. Works like Max charge ability, but speedier and faster cooldown. Replace Jet pack.

I'm starting to get off topics...but more utility, versatility is always good. Balancing all this would be back breaking.
    • Up x 1
  2. Metallic123

Sticky poop gun?
    • Up x 1
  3. Kristan

By Alien tech I'm thinking of Radiator, Spiker, Router, Flail and Switchblade. Not LA jumping stilts.
  4. Strottinglemon

Would these be VS only or available to all factions? Because "alien" is kind of VS's thing. It all depends on the weapon, though.
  5. Tuco

Engineer's glowing energy body armor?
  6. come1l

Stasis gun, Engineer's barricade construction, and Sticky poop gun should be TR weapons due to their repressive feature. HA Beam gun should belong to VS because u know.
  7. Killuminati C

Replace "alien" with futuristic. Fixed.