Monthly DBC Ripoff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Armitige Shanks, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Armitige Shanks

Are you seriously telling me that you EXPIRE unclaimed Day Break cash membership grants if not claimed within the month? Even though I've PAID for them? Seriously? I paid for 4 months of subscriptions, even though I KNEW I wouldn't be playing, and support your company financially, and you have the audacity to NOT give me what I paid for? Holy **** Day Break.
    • Up x 6
  2. Pelojian

DB claims are a perk of membership and they changed it over to a claim system a while ago. if you bother to look at the claim window in the depot it clearly says when the next claim become active if you've claimed this months and when the current grant expires if you haven't.

they changed it from auto grant to manual so they don't have to pay tax on the DB accumulated on accounts that are subscribed but inactive.
    • Up x 1
  3. Armitige Shanks

What are you talking about?

Beside that piece of nonsense, it doesn't say anywhere in their TOS, or anywhere on their subscription page that "unclaimed" day break cash grants will be deleted. It doesn't matter if they've made it a manual claim system. They're stealing money from people that support them financially. Do you really think I would have continued to play $15 a month if I had been informed that my monthly DBC would have evaporated? Even if someone totally stops playing the game and never plans to return, if they're still PAYING for something, they should at least be given the opportunity to claim it at some point.

This is one step short of theft, and pretty much a fraudulent practice.
    • Up x 4
  4. Pelojian

next month when you can claim DB again it will clearly say in the depot claim window when the claim expires. DBG is not obligated to automatically give you DB for your subscription, if you read the TOS you'd know everything is subject to change.

they are not stealing money from anyone they are selling subscriptions and by playing this game you agree that they can change conditions at will. you are being offered DB for being a subscriber, if you are unwilling or unable to claim the DB it's not their problem.

they could stop offering 500DB/month whenever they like and there's nothing anyone could do about it. if the product is no longer worth the perks or you don't like the conditions of those perks then stop buying.
    • Up x 1
  5. Revel

Rest assured, most of us did long ago.
    • Up x 3
  6. DeadlyPeanutt

some of us never did ;)
    • Up x 1
  7. Revel

I'm sitting on 7500 DBC left over from last year when it was triple station cash and bought 3 1500 SC +500 bonus walmart cards. I was saving it for EQ Next but that appears to be a pipe dream at this point. Probably going to go to waste.
    • Up x 1
  8. Taemien

I see no [IMG] under the OP's avatar... I'm sensing a hate-wagon troll.
    • Up x 1
  9. Armitige Shanks

There's a difference between all access and subscribing to planetside 2
  10. Darrh

I thought allaccess was only way to 'sub' to PS2, learned something new
  11. Armitige Shanks

Seems like it's not, I just hadn't visited my own profile to update it.
  12. Pelojian

there are only two ways to subscribe and that's paying money or consuming krono for membership, both give all access to DBG titles.
  13. Taemien

I bet there isn't.
  14. Vurvu

Is there some unknown impetus from some subscribers for doing this.

Paying and not Playing for a certain amount of time, until subscribers think, I'd better start playing what I am paying.

I think Daybreak are onto something h-

Oh. Right. I think I understand this.
    Reverse hour and all that.
  15. FieldMarshall

They changed it for legal reasons. There was a post about it like a year ago that explained everything.
  16. Moridin6

they were upfront about telling us about it, but, it still seems kinda messed up that you just dont get a large portion of what you paid for for being TOO SLOW MCFLY . .
    cellphone carrier and the carry over minutes stuff have learned its not how to keep customers happy, and DB will learn the same id hope. a lot of us are at or nearing br100 and then theres not much reason for keeping it anyway, except the swag, and lord forbid i have to do stuff outside the game and miss a month.. 5 BUCKS NO REFUND HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA *db spits in face*
    yeah..
    upfront about it, but, shady as is gets
  17. cobaltlightning

Not any longer.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/so...vised-soe-all-access-program-faq.11500063040/

To be more exact:
    "We will be upgrading all existing individual game memberships to the new All Access plan, which will include the top-tier membership level in all eligible SOE games (EverQuest, EverQuest II, DC Universe Online PC, PlanetSide 2 PC, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, and the upcoming EverQuest Next, Landmark and H1Z1) for one, low monthly rate of $14.99 (with extra savings for 3, 6 and 12 month plans). We’re also finalizing membership benefits to Dragon’s Prophet and will share these new updates as available."

To be 100% exact:
    "Q: How does the new All Access program differ from the old one?
    A: The price for SOE All Access will be reduced from $19.99 to $14.99 and will replace existing SOE game memberships, (post continues...)"

All of this happened around the end of April of 2014, back when Daybreak was SOE. However, the system has changed very little, if any: No more Station Cash, instead we get Daybreak Bucks or something, but the $15/month Membership still applies to all their games.
  18. TheChris

19. CapEnTrade

THIS. IS. AND. OUTRAGE.
    BAD BUSINESS FROM A DYING COMPANY, GIVE THEM NOTHING.
  20. LordAnnihilator

It's up to peoples opinion whether they wish to invest or not. Although there isn't much point at present for more experienced players (as the OP apparently is) to subscribe, there are still reasons for others to go for it.

Also the thread isn't about whether or not to buy, it's about the long-ago change in DBC supply. DBC was changed so it had to be claimed manually, to reduce the Tax DBC was having to pay on supplied DBC, since a lot of people were not accessing their accounts and still receiving DBC.