[Suggestion] Monetizing PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Icehole1999, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Moz

I think my version of pay 2 win and yours differ.

Its pay to win if you cannot get an item with out paying real money, or a LONG grind.

The grind to get a suit slot is in NO WAY long IMO. It takes 1 maybe 2 play sessions 3 if you are totally new to the game.

They should put them into class specific bundles to get people off the ground faster, so they can get to a position they think they need to be in to compete.

Selling these slot items could be added to the game for RL money with no real effect on the game or the balance..... except making more moeny.
    • Up x 2
  2. adamts01

I think we have the same definition, but it's a little more steep depending on what you hope to achieve in the game, especially after Critical Mass. If you want to be be combat effective in a few different roles, then no problem, you can have 2 infantry classes and a MBT pretty effective by BR20. If you want to be able to pull whatever class or vehicle the situation calls for, as well as select the appropriate weapon, then you're talking a couple years for the average player. But now we have Purgatory, and we're supposed to just hop on the other faction as a BR1 or wait for an hour because an alert is about to happen and your faction has been swarmed.

So we need to essentially double that grind. I've always thought the grind was just a touch too long, but the implant system really rubbed me the wrong way. And keep in mind, I'm a heavy vehicle player, where the grind really hits hard, but I do agree with you that infantry isn't that bad.