MKV, Too expensive @ 1sc

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by teks, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teks

Hello Auraxians!

Ever want to put a silencer on your PDW without all of that annoying versatility?
    Wish you could somehow spend another 500 certs on upgrades for this exact same gun?
    Well, have we got the thing for you!

The MKV. Its a silenced PDW with the silencer WELDED on!!
    Our NS engineers painstakingly made sure that none of the PDW upgrades are compatible allowing us to call this a new gun!
    As a bonus, thanks to our obscure statistics about the effects of the suppressor we leave you in the confidence knowing that maybe its slightly better... Maybe!!! With such a terrible damage drop-off and velocity we can tell you it sure must be close! Heck, for all you know its a net loss! Yay Placebo!!!
    As an added bonus we have provided you with the same PDW model you are accustomed to so that your eyes will not be strained by new things. Got Milk? Hooray for Homogenization!
    Call now and for NO CHARGE we will also up the reload speed on your new PDW MKV from 2.35 seconds to 2.6 seconds in exchange for 34RPM! That's a 3.86% increase in RPM at the cost of only 10% reload speed! We will leave it for you decide which is noticeable when you are 5 meters away from the enemy.

:p
    Makes me feel better about buying the hornet for 1sc a couple days ago.
    I know its 1 sc, so I'll buy it, but the odds of me ever using it are slim to none. When it came out I thought it would be a free suppresser, like, consequence free, but the velocity and damage dropoff are terrible compared to the PDW. 50% faster damage dropoff, ewww. I thought maybe you could even double suppress it and make it completely silent, but again, no. Its just a silenced PDW. o_O
    • Up x 5
  2. Owen W.

Hehehehehe
  3. Epic High Five

It's all about perspective man!

For a single dollar, any NC who is a member can have both an SMG for their infiltrator and a Jackhammer for their HA. For just ONE DOLLAR you get two weapons that: a) would normally be $14 and b) allow for 2 of the most rage tell inducing, hated playstyles in the game :D

To get the Jackhammer for 99sc a player doesn't even have to be a member! Hope everybody enjoys seeing a lot more of those around hahahaha
    • Up x 1
  4. Brandmon

An SMG for my infiltrator that is better than a Silenced PDW in every possible way?

Yes please.
  5. Cinnamon

Maybe they will put something useful on sale. Oh no, tomorrow is probably skyguard.
    • Up x 1
  6. teks

Yep. Its stilp a great deal. Even if its a cloned pdw. If someone doesnt have a pdw yet this is a great buy, but i think tr and vs can all agree that we dont need more jackhammers. They are scary.
    Maybe. You dont know. The stats on suppressors arent public but i cant see them being much worse then a 50% damage drop off. For all we know that damage drop is worse then a silenced pdw and the advantage is only the velocity. For all we know its the exact same stats as a pdw.
    One thing we do know is it reloads 10% slower then a pdw.

If you do know. If you actually have evidense that the mkv is better then a silenced pdw besides the flavor text assuring us that it is. Please post it. I couldnt find it myself. I wouldnt trust flavor text. If i did id own a duster.
  7. Tommyp2006

One of the 3 weapons I dont have is 1sc today? Damn I'm lucky!
    • Up x 2
  8. Kemano

Speaking as someone who already was using the NS7-PDW with a suppressor, I see a noticeable improvement in terms of damage output with the MKV without sacrificing any accuracy or effective range. Since the statistics change with any attachment, the PDW has the illusion of being superior at first glance. Now I am free to choose my PDW in situations where damage > stealth, and the MKV in those where stealth > damage. Plus, the soft point ammo for the MKV is only 30 certs instead of 100.

Of course, this is spoken from someone who is primarily a sabotage and recon focused infiltrator, frequently away from my squadmates or in enemy controlled territory with the lack of effective damage on a secondary weapon due to using motion spotter / recon bolt crossbow for maximum coverage of an area to support my squad.

I am sure that others who prefer stealth to firepower at times have noticed the same thing as well. Plus, what else can you get for a penny nowadays? I went into this sale with 5 sc to my name due to some optics I purchased, and unlocking a weapon that is ideal for my primary playstyle account wide is too good not to be happy about.
    • Up x 2
  9. teks

Yeah dont take my complaining too personally. Its more of a joke then anything and its a good way to get people to explain why the heck it would be useful.

The mkv taught me not to use supressors at least, and 30certs for soft point is cool. Ill run actual tests in the vr room later i guess because im not a fan of placebo AKA "well it feels better"
  10. Brandmon

You can always do a few tests on VR ;)
  11. TTex11

Last night when the clock ticked over, I was watching the market and announced to my outfit on teamspeak what was on sale for the new day. One of my outfit mates piped up with...

"Congratulations, you've finally convinced me to spend on the MKV."

One cent cost? Okay SOE, you got a deal. Here you go.
    • Up x 1
  12. Captain Kid

Just bough the lasher for 100 sc... It seems complete garbage. Died 10 times in a row while not even removing the enemy shield.
  13. NinjaTurtle

You need to use it as more of a suppression weapon and try to avoid direct face to face encounters.

It will make you king of the assists
  14. Crayv

My thought on the MKV is this: If the MKV is just a PDW with what amounts to a an adv. suppressor welded onto it, why not just buff the suppressor rather than making an all new gun?
  15. Captain Kid

How do you mean? Fire in large groups while behind friendlies? Or shoot in doorways and windows wheel not having direct line of sight, stuff like that?
    How big is the splash radius actually..
  16. teks

This is the wrong place but you should be doing exactly that. If you have questions look up or create your own thread.
  17. Regpuppy

I know, right? It's 1 SC and I don't have it. Not one frack being given as to whether I'll use it a lot. 1 SC is a penny and I have an odd amount of SC for some reason anyway.
    • Up x 2
  18. NinjaTurtle

That is exactly how it is best used. of all the ES heavy assault weapons the Lasher is by far the most situational and more difficult to get effective use out of. It can be good if you get the drop on someone from behind but face to face you will be out gunned most of the time unless your aim is great and theirs bad.

It is very strong however in small groups as the splash can quickly snowball and make it very difficult to advance out of a door or up a stair well.

Outside of this niche you are best off with any of the other LMG's

My favorite thing about the Lasher is the little monkey noise it makes when reloading
    • Up x 2
  19. RLJY

I think you mean king of weapon lock
  20. RLJY

Is it only 1 SC for members cos it says 350 sc on mine
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.