MKV Suppressed vs. NS-7 PDW?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eravel, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Gustavo M

Obligatory.

@Topic

Supressors are really nice if you are a infiltrator rambo'ing in the enemy lines. That aside, it's useless.... unless you want to use it for the sake of variety/more challenge/auraxium medal hunting.
  2. whitupiggu

I don't know about a straight upgrade but I find it less infuriating to use.
  3. Jogido

You all complain too much :)

although a new model would have been nice...
  4. RockPlanetSide2

Like I said, it is not an upgrade... it is a totally different weapon... the MKV is CQC and the PDW can now do what it was designed to do... be a mini-carbine for Infiltrators.

S I M P L E.
  5. Scientiarum

Well since we no longer have access to an updated exhaustive weapons statistics spreadsheet it is a bit difficult to fully compare stats but from what we know it seems pretty meh. I did buy it however and in practice it does feel superior to other silenced smgs, and honestly I never really run an un-silenced smg so it seemed like a straight upgrade to my play style. I may be in a minority on that but I think it was worth the purchase for me. I do wish it had a more unique model however.
  6. Nocturn0l

Hmm, I'm still sceptical if i should get i. I trialed it (sucks without attachments) and tested it in VR though it somehow naturally feels good. I'm also a big fan of the PDW for it's long range hip fire capability and i also run with a suppressor. I think the 4 % fire rate increase of the MKV won't be much of a difference and what good is better bullet velocity if the damage at range is worse?
  7. LT_Latency

8. Catch23

Having played a bit more with it now...

It's my new favorite gun in the game, although only using it as Infiltrator.

Running it with Ext. Mags for non-avoidable CQC encounters and those times when you have to (ADS)-strafe.
    With a forward grip its a HS machine at 40 m while doing better damage than an Auto-Scout at shorter ranges.
    No Sniper tracers, great hipfire, no muzzle flash (Self-blinding at night)

Assassin's carbine
    • Up x 1
  9. Longasc

I have not yet killed more than maybe 3-4 guys with it, but I like it.

If you use your SMGs with a suppressor, I can really recommend it. I prefer it over Sirius or Hailstorm with suppressor e.g..
  10. Catch23

Did they stealth nerf the MKVs recoil?

Recoil angle continuity (not sure) but certainly vertical recoil better on the PDW after revisiting both.

The MKV appears to me less accurate now than a week ago
  11. Wrel Developer

Pretty much sums it up.

The only thing even worth debating about whether to buy one or the other, is if you're an aim down sights player who has a 'really' hard time compensating for left-side recoil. The NS-7 PDW recoils up and to the left, while the MKV recoils up and to the right.

Outside of that, the "benefits" that the MKV gets pale in comparison to the power and versatility of the NS-7 PDW.

I've never flatly recommended that someone *not* purchase a specific weapon (as most cater to playstyle and situation,) but the MKV has made that a reality. Don't buy it.
  12. Moocowett

Have you not noticed that a lot of guns are like that? So many re-used models...