Missions: What are they for?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BetaGuru, Mar 29, 2014.

1. BetaGuru

The mission system, if it can be called that, confuses me because I honestly have no idea what the point is. If I had the SOE mission system for my everyday like, while I was heating up toast, it would be popping up and saying "NEXT OBJECTIVE: HEAT UP TOAST". Then, "NEXT OBJECTIVE: APPLY BUTTER".

I know, SOE. That is what I am already doing. I know that bases need to be taken or defended. That is, literally, the only point to the entire game. I've played longer than an hour total, so I kinda get it. I don't need to be reminded.

To me, the system reeks of design by committee. Maybe it started out as a good idea but after being passed around the office a hundred times, edited and trimmed down for time/resources purposes, what we have now is a new 'feature' whereby the game helpfully reminds you to do something you were already doing anyway.

NEXT OBJECTIVE: SUBMIT THREAD
    • Up x 1
  2. lothbrook

Really wish i could turn off that god damned noise, unless you're with the zerg its constant BOODOO BEEP. AHHHH.
  3. Frosty The Pyro

According to what i have readright now there is not a real point, this is groundwork for implamenting whatever the actual point is going to be, making sure the gears work or whatnot.

On the other hand it can be nice in a squad, as the whole squads "mission" defautls to the squad leaders mission, which assuming said leader is in the right place helps streamline some of the orginazational duties.
    • Up x 1
  4. JesusVoxel

It's a necessary for the console gamers to function properly. Otherwise they would just try to kill each other in the warp gate.
  5. Kerempooh

Your dystopian simile is not complete. You need to add the moment when you get blinded if you're not at your "supposed" objective doing what you're "supposed" to do.