Missions seem to work out nicely

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Longasc, Mar 28, 2014.

1. bPostal

Had I known for sure that this bug was back, I would have wasted less time looking for stalker infils.
  2. Wobberjockey

2 questions:

1 i know i mentioned something to you on reddit about the mission radius being dependent on equipped weapon engagement range. any further thoughts on that? feasible? no? being considered? etc. i realize that something like that won't be added immediately. just more wondering if it's feasible.

2. i know that occasionally that point flipping 'bug' turns out to be people in the walls flipping points. (had this happen a couple times lately. not sure if they are exploiting texture glitches, or outright hacking) any way for us to tell the difference as players so we know when to /report hackers as opposed to bugs?

yea we had 3-4 people sweeping onatha last night looking for a stalker with dark lights and emp grenades. nobody was there :/
  3. BengalTiger

I've created my first character on the day PS 2 was released, so I missed the mandatory training.
    I stand corrected.
  4. Fangry

Mission system is making the zerg worse

I was hoping it would be optional and current system is just ******
  5. Malorn

Random related fact: In our post-tutorial launch analysis we found that players who skipped or exited out of the tutorial had significantly worse retention than those who didn't skip/exit it.
  6. Wobberjockey

how significant?
    10%?
    25%?
    50%?
    • Up x 1
  7. Nephi1im

Haha I love this! Seriously, the lattice is the mission system.

Prior to mission system:
    "Hmmmmmm where to go next.... OH I KNOW!! The base connected to this one via a line!!!!"

After mission system:
    "Mhhhhh where to go next..... ON I KNOW!!! The base the spinning thing tells me to go to, which is coincidentally the one with the line!!"
    • Up x 1
  8. Alanim

My first experience with the tutorial was a nightmare, although I forget if the tutorial was done on the PTS or not. Broke in 3 different spots, and took 15+ minutes to complete it. Hopefully those issues were resolved, because that was very frustrating.
  9. Nephi1im

I don't doubt this is true since this isn't so much a "join and shoot" kind of game, but maybe make the tutorial less watching paint dry? Granted, I played a bunch of PS1, so the basic idea was already established, but half that thing is like "herp derp, shoot an enemy until he dies."

Why isn't the tutorial only skippable one character #2+ anyway?
  10. Amarsir

I do hope you didn't then assume that correlation = causation. The reverse is an equally valid theory: people who don't have high expectations for the game want to see what its like without wasting time in a tutorial.
  11. Kumaro

Flying with mission system is hilarious if you have mossie with racer and Afterburner pods. Especially if you fight at a region intersection where several connect and all have battles XD

Other than that i don't mind it but being to turn it of would be nice.
    Looking forward to when squad leaders can set them on his own.
  12. Kemano

Still getting defend missions deep in friendly territory with no population at all when I am at a warpgate and not in a squad, will see if the same is true when I am squad leader and my squad members are elsewhere.
  13. Fangry

Soloing is the only way to go with the mission system in place, or else you get "told" by SOE to go to wherever the leader is, no matter if the leader told you to go where you are..

Whats even the point of squads in this game?
    Cause the only beneficial with squad is the Spawn Beacon and you can get that with having a 2nd acc
  14. King Feraligatr

Edit : Well it's good to know that we'll maybe eventually get the essentials back.
  15. Being@RT

So despite you saying new players couldn't skip it, they did?

Did you perhaps mean to say that those who skipped it on their second (third,etc) character(s) were more likely to not come back?

Did you/Can you look at that data and figure out whether sticking with a single faction or going with all three was better for retention or not?
  16. Stew360

Missions systhem is exactly how i predict it was going to be , '' worthless '' in its current form , those way point only lead to mindless zerging forgeting any strategies or any kind of metagaming ...

Missions systhem simply is like the guy who tell u : Hey you are here , Go to the next bases , do not care if the VS take the base on the other lattice on east , populations ? Who give a damn ? Hey mindless Zergs the other base in your lattice , Who give a damned about the alert right ? '' said the missions systhem !
  17. BlckJck

I would suppose however if you forced everyone to play the tutorial every time they logged into the game you would numbers drop. This is what the mission system feels like. I neither need nor want the SOE AI telling me or anyone in my platoon what to do or where to go, that's what I'm (or any other experienced PL) there to do. At best all you're doing is providing me with useless information that I not only don't need, at the same time removing some of the most useful information available when fighting for a territory, the timer.

Are there any plans or thoughts on allowing people to disable missions after a certain number of hours in game (ie. an extended tutorial for base capture and fighting on lattices), or giving platoon leaders back the control they once had? Currently you've attempted, deliberately or not, to dumb down the PL/SL role punishing rapid redeployment, moving ahead to the next bases or generally any action that isn't a rather boring and simple 'follow that lanes' game.
  18. FABIIK

Little question:
    Say I am part of the SE Indar faction (currently Vanu).

We have just captured NS Material Storage.

1/ How does the mission system 'choose' between Crimson Bluff and Howling Pass as the next target ?

2/ Does the mission system assign the same objective to EVERYBODY ?
  19. Ronin Oni

obviously before they made it mandatory on first characters
  20. Fenrys

The first time I ran thought it on Live, the targets had no hit boxes, and there was no way out of the room except after hitting the targets. I had to redeploy to escape the area.