Miscellaneous tips/tricks for... all players?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkStarII, Sep 4, 2015.

1. DarkStarII

You can press 'Y' to accept a revive, or 'N' if you want to decline.

Also you can hack spitfire turrets (yet another counter to the already useless turrets)

Feel free to post your own tips or whatever you want to call them. ;)
  2. Raysen

You can shoot through Tech Labs shields from the corners without being hit from the enemies.. ;3
  3. FieldMarshall

You can press and hold E to resupply at a terminal instead of spamming E.

After you clicked somewhere to spawn, you can press U while the game loads to start the 10 second countdown before you spawn.
    • Up x 3
  4. Cynicismic

You can look at the mini map by using your eyes.
    • Up x 5
  5. Liewec123

you can use alt+F10 to turn off the UI,
    handy for things like phoenix which forces you to see through a tiny gap.

if someone is playing annoying music you can silence them by opening the menus (map and such) and going to the social tab :)

having trouble hitting targets while driving a flash? switch to 3rd person and use your characters head as the crosshair :)
  6. YoungPedro

Hiting numpad enter mutes the voice thats currently active, its a lot quicker than the way though the menus
    • Up x 3
  7. WetPatch

Using Zoom optics on Hornets makes them Dumb Fire when you Zoom in.

Not really a tip but i only found out this week, You can drive your Faction Target Vehicles in the VR Firing range.
    • Up x 1
  8. FieldMarshall

This seems bugged for me for some reason.
    When someone is continuously broadcasting over voice, muting wont stop them.
    Doing it manually in the voice menu doesent work for me either. And /ignore doesent work.
    Even when i can see the red "mute" icon next to their name.
    It works fine, unless they are constantly using proxy non-stop.

So i figured it was because they were continuously using proxy, and that prevented it.
    So i leave the battle and add them to ignore to see if that works. I come back and i can still hear them.

The only thing i have found that works is turning off voice completely.

When you ask them to stop in /y they reply with "Just use mute, it takes like 3 seconds you a**hole"
    • Up x 1
  9. Liewec123

ah right, i thought it toggled off all voices :p
  10. Demigan

Overall tips:
    • Q-spot Q-spot Q-spot! Alerting your friends of enemies can save their butt. Especially in vehicles or aircraft, spot them! It can save you from a C4 fairy, alert AA to where they need to look, or alert friendly aircraft who might be killed in one magazine otherwise.
    • Use the map. You can determine where your enemies are coming from by where they walk and what direction they go to. This allows you to guess Sunderer positions 2 seconds after the first enemies are spotted. You can also use it to determine safe routes to reach your objective, or flank your enemies.

Infantry tips:
    • When repairing tanks/turrets/aircraft keep moving to make yourself a harder target for insta-kills.
    • You can look around, shoot, reload and even turn 360 degree's when overloading a generator. Just keep holding the action key and stay within overload distance.

(around) vehicle tips:
    • Don't walk on top of/in front of/behind of vehicles that might move. Don't be anywhere near a Magrider, those things kill you wherever you are!
    • Keep an eye out for where vehicles pay attention. They usually have to look much farther than infantry and are likely not seeing allies walk near them, even if you are right in front! Stay off the road if vehicles are nearby!
    • PS2 works on clientside hit-detection. If you are hit by a vehicle on your screen you get damaged and die. But if you get hit on their screen you also get damaged and die. If a tank's path will take it to where you were a second ago you will probably be hit by him and die because of the latency (you are a second or so behind on their screen!), and if the tank drives through you on your screen you still die. Keep this in mind!
    • Follow these traffic rules: Anyone closer to the front line has the right of way. If they back up, you give them room by backing up or moving out of the way. If you see a damaged ally move towards you, assume he's been at a front and has the right of way. <-- these people can then repair up and save your butt later on.
    • If you get C4red in one position, don't do the exact same thing in that position!
    • If you die to anything repeatedly, figure out why and how they are killing you. Odds are that you are doing something that makes it easy for them to kill you that way.
  11. stalkish

It does.
    I have never had a problem with hittin numpad enter to mute proxy spammers.

Kinda annoying tho when some twit is spamming music or some **** in proxy at the same time as your squad leader and you hit enter and it mutes your squad leader aswel LOL.

Have to admit, im too eager to click enter, often some1 has joined my squad and im confused when my bro or other squad members are responding to nothing hehe.
  12. stalkish

Proxy chat is NOT cross faction. Please stop saying 'get good TR' or 'owbed *******' in proxy, they cannot hear you.

Yell chat IS cross faction, please stop yelling tactical information to the enemy.
    • Up x 2
  13. FateJH

/ignore only stops them from showing up in your text chat window. It's unrelated to the voice subsystem.
  14. Cyrek

-When using the pads that float you up, Look up and press forward, you will ascend much faster.

-When filling an infantry AT role, don't just start shooting at your target vehicle right away, make sure he travels into a distance where it would be difficult for him to escape once you start shooting at them, same for AA duty, one man ambush!
  15. Taemien

Click to respawn and try again. Don't go to the forums to complain about what killed you.
  16. Vintorez

The Engineer's Archer (Anti-Max/Vehicle Sniper Rifle) can shoot through anti-vehicle shields because it counts as small arms fire. Good against enemies trying to just pop in and out.
    • Up x 1
  17. The Rogue Wolf

It is sometimes possible to Q-spot enemies through thin terrain (hilltops, the edge of a wall, etc).

Just don't hold down the forward key for too long, because it is impossible to look directly up, and you will slowly move forward as you do this until you fall out of the beam.
  18. FBVanu

bind your minimap zoom keys to your mouse wheel.. much easier to play than having to hit [ or ] all the time..
  19. Armcross

We can just tap use key for hacking and overloading gens.
  20. TechPriestess

If you're playing as NC, the blue people on the map aren't enemies.