minimum age limit for kids

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Shirva, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vixus

There is a big difference between RPG gamers and FPS gamers.
    I hope you are taking this into consideration, and also proximity voice chat.
  2. Eugenitor

All I'm going to say to this is that if my parents had tried that, I would have put the hard drive in the microwave, and shrugged at whatever consequences there were.
    • Up x 1
  3. Vixus

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  4. Thentar

To true! You should have heard a guy last night that ran in front of my max with 2 Nebulas on it and TKed himself. He went off, threatened me and swore so much that the a Marine in a fire fight would think "WOW that is a bit excessive"
  5. IshanDeston

I wouldn't be letting my child close to any violent 1st Person or 3rd person games before the age of 12. Then again, as he seems to be playing LOTR already, i guess it won't matter at this point.

In regards to "There is no blood", yeah there is no blood, but there is a lot of violence going on. Just because there is no blood doesn't mean there is a certain level of getting "used" to the violence. And i would be worried about my kid running around and shooting people in the face with a shotgun. If they do it in reallife the sight of blood might make them stop after they shot the first person, but then they already have shot one. After all in the game they get up as well.

Ultimately i suppose it depends on the individual. Just because one kid can or can't handle it, doesn't mean others couldn't or could.
  6. AuntLou42

Any time I pull any vehicle I gamble that a ESF will find me and destroy me w/ one load out of rocket pods.
  7. [FFoG]AtmosFear

I'm 11 years old. I play the game, albeit on lowest settings with a dual core and a GT9500 [IMG]:p
  8. HadesR

When you are 12 you parent's might explain the meaning of Necro :p
    • Up x 6
  9. Trucky

As a player with 500 hours of gameplay invested i can tell that ps2 itself can also have sexual themes but that's because the playerbase using the mic saying ''not cool'' things. If i had a 9 son that wanted to play ps2 i would firts disable any mic communication because i dont want anyone to yell at him when he's learning. I would also be present when he plays and maybe play with him but i would limit his time of gameplay because i dont want him to have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome [At that age they arent developed yet and need some restriction to dont cause posible traumas when he grows] I would make sure he has a mousepad and such. But that's what i'll do and i'm not a parent still since i'm just 18 but seriously, desactivate the mic proximity please, the playerbase is really really really REALLY loose mouth when they get angry by accidents.
  10. FigM

I'd say any age is fine as long as you mute Voice chat - both ways

16+ for Voice chat
  11. RobotNinja

PS2 is pretty sanitary. There's no blood and gore. Pretty much the only thing is player content...and 99% of those problems can be solved by going to audio and setting Proximity Chat to ZERO PERCENT. Don't worry...you won't ever miss anything useful be said in Proximity Chat.
  12. RobotNinja

PS2 does not have "Sexual Themes." Just because it has in-game text and voice chat doesn't mean the game has sexual content.
  13. Bolticus

Just because some people are young, doesn't mean that they are completly immature.(I'm 14)
  14. Phrygen

Moba....

moba dude.

worst genre ever.
    • Up x 1
  15. treeHamster

I would set the age limit to 17 or older simply because 99% of the kids under 17 (and a ton over it too) don't have first rate computers. They have some hand-me-down 5 year old machine which is what is causing the rest of us to have to deal with a poor performing game.

I also wouldn't let him no because as an adult, I hate to hear the voices of little kids especially when I'm playing a game online. The only time I want to hear a voice that high pitched is when it's from a ridiculously hot girl. Then there's the fact that most little kids don't exactly want to play in some organized fashion, sitting there for 10-20 minutes kicking rocks around as he ensures the airspace is clear with his dual bursters. Kids in general have little to no patience and therefore in a game like this, where you need people to do menial boring tasks that are a vital role in the game (such as playing AA which the Mattherson VS refuse to ever do).

On top of this people use voice and the /yell to spew crap that is highly inappropriate for children (I know as I do a lot of it). If you wanna do a great father/son game, play something like the old Mario games or an old Ninja Turtles game where you two have to share a screen and cooperate just to move (ah the side-scrollers).
  16. Bolticus

I can relate!
    Except I have a quad core. But we still have the same video card.
    We both know it's ****.
    :D
  17. MonkeySalt

If you have to make a thread asking if your kid should be allowed to play a game............ then the kid is too young.

If you have to post in a thread, defending your tender age and your right to play the game at your age...........you're too young.
    • Up x 1
  18. vulkkan

[IMG]
    An 11-year-old necro'ed this nearly-5 month old dead thread, I think that speaks for itself.
    • Up x 3
  19. treeHamster

Haha, this is the best argument yet. Tired of all these places where I can't say anything I want because they have to be "kid" friendly when the places I'm going aren't meant for kids in the first place (online PC shooter, brokerage firm's chatrooms [market traders generally would make a sailor blush with the garbage they spew out], online forums, thank GOD one of my brokers lets us say WHATEVER we want on the forum and doesn't censor anything). The internet used to be a place where parents only let kids go to children's websites, not go into places where adults would be trafficking regularly (and usually posting their thoughts).
  20. Ashnal

I'd bet most of the offensive people you meet are over that age anyways :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.