[BUG] Minimap and rendering

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AdmiralArcher, Aug 2, 2014.

1. AdmiralArcher

recently i have been having problems both rendering players and my minimap rendering players, alot of the times, if i am on one side of a biolab, my minimap doesnt render what is happening on the other side of the biolab, this also happens at tiny bases too.

also sometimes players will render 25 meters from me....it doesnt do it all the time tho
  2. FateJH

The server determines a dynamic Infantry render rule for highly populated, contested regions. While Infantry normally render up to 300m, the server will tell your client to render targets in smaller radii in an attempt to maintain the client's performance regardless of the server load. The minimum far culling is about 5-10m.

The radius of the area affected by this server-determined culling is unknown but there are few reports of being sniped in a region where you are affected by it. The "good news" is that everyone in youtr vicinity is being affected by this load-based culling equally. The actual definition of "vicinity" in as far as determining how many people or how far around you is not known.
  3. AdmiralArcher

ah, ok...does that apply to the minimap as well?