Mini-Boycott.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheAntiFish, Sep 13, 2013.

1. TheAntiFish

Hi all, You're probably expecting a nice lengthy whinging post. I don't really go for that sort of thing personally but here's what i have in mind.

After the last updates my FPS is lucky to hit 3+ if there are more than 2 enemies in the vicinity. So i won't be playing until they fix or optimize the damn thing.(Sorry GBX)

Now the idea is, I recognise that a bucketload of you forumsiders enjoy a good whine and are constantly "I SWEAR I WILL QUIT IF YOU DONT FIX [Insert Bug/Balance issue of choice]" So i suggest that everyone having issues/complaints just up and goes away for a week or two. Don't give them any money. Let them sweat a bit as they see online player count decrease for a little while.

Maybe they'll start to listen to their playerbase? Maybe they'll pull their fingers out? Maybe they'll shut the game down? Maybe they'll do nothing?
    Either way some of you are getting much too heated over an online game and could probably use some fresh air. Care to join me?
  2. Raraldor

hell if you're only getting 3 frames no point in playing. As far as the whole letting them sweat thing, I don't think it's quite that bad >.<

Besides, if this game cant run nicely on a decent PC it will never run on the PS4, so they will definitely fix it.
  3. Phyr

I have a decent PC and it runs nicely.
  4. TheAntiFish

I have a decent PC, It just hates Planetside 2. Again i'm not having a QQ and saying i quit forever. I'm off until it's patched and then i'm back, Just want to see how many others are in the same boat!
  5. ReformerTR

It should get better with the release of the PS4. check back in a few months. I'm not having any issues atm, makes a change.
  6. TheAntiFish

Lol! I hope it isn't months!

Worked fine pre-patch ****-up. I'm just waiting on some sort of return to lack of render issues, Or whatever it is that absolutely demolished my FPS.... Jesus i hope weeks wasn't under-exaggeration. I can only handle so much outside.
  7. IamDH

GU12 was the patch that globally killed FPS i think. Anyways, there is no ETA for optimization

There are however, many ways you can get your game to run better
  8. TheAntiFish

It's possible that my machine isn't quite as decent as i thought it was...

Current system

• Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor
    • Memory: 8GB
    • Hard Drive: 500gb free SSD
    • Video Memory: 4863 MB Total available graphics memory
    • Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6800
    • Sound Card: Built in
    Now i'm not too technically savvy, but what i have seems like it should run fine on low (Which is how i have it running)
    Any tips? I'll happily continue if i can get a semblance of a frame rate back. (I close all background tasks while playing)
  9. Justicia

"Boycotts are not allowed according to forum guidelines, this thread is now locked."
    • Up x 3
  10. Kristan

As for boycott I suggest to go back to PlanetSide 1. Deeper gameplay, metagame, lot of other things that actually work, wider vehicles choice. All it needs is players.
  11. TheAntiFish

I agree, PS1 will always have a special place in my heart!

(P.S i take it all back, i forgot to turn down the resolution like a clever bastard. Game runs fine if i stay out of large battles)
  12. Aegie

Yeah, boycotts are a no-no on the forums- even mini ones.
  13. blampoet

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

other than your video card (which i couldn't find) your system is a touch stronger than mine (below)

• Processor: intel i5 760
    • Memory: 6GB 1333Mhz
    • Hard Drive: 128gb free SSD
    • Video Memory: 2000 MB Total available graphics memory
    • Video Card: Nividia GTS 450
    • Sound Card: something fancy and totally meaningless :p
    I get around 40-50 fps in ideal condition (warpgate, messing about with friends)
    40 fps in small battles
    30 fps in medium battles
    and play support in large battles *sigh*

SUGGESTIONS: (they're very standard)
    did you turn shadows off? (that usually helps)
    did you tick OFF all the boxes? (helps a little) (physx, smoother, alll that stuff)
    for a while i played with a lower res- that made a difference (but now i'm back to 1080)

i rekon i lost about 5-8 fps on the last hotfix- it's still mostly ok.... but really hoping it'll get better soon.
  14. Ash87

there was a throwaway comment on Command Center last night, where the guy in charge of optimization said something about having a 4 week deadline.

I am taking that as the time we should expect either A.) News or B.) a GU
  15. Nonorf