Mines

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Alexanor, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Alexanor

To this day, I still am unsure of which mine to use against a MAX. I feel originally a MAX would trigger a vehicle mine, but then they changed that somewhere along the line (and then they made Tank Mines look like f*ing pizzas) so I stopped using them.

So, my question -- will a MAX trigger a Tank Mine? If not, is it worth using an AP Mine against them (assuming they don't have Flak Armor)?
  2. Bruno Puntz Jones

I've gotten MAX kills from two AP mines dropped side by side at a doorway. They definitely trigger AP mines and take damage from them. The MAX Flax Armor will reduce it, but some of them use Kinetic (the MAX version of Nanoweave). I don't know if the ones I killed already were damaged or at hull health, and I'm not sure what the effective damage of an AP mine is against a MAX. I've never gotten AV mine kills on them, because I don't take AV mines indoors where I expect MAXes to be around.
  3. Takoita

Place an anti-tank mine within the damage radius of your AI mine. Problem solved.
    • Up x 1
  4. Seuchensaal

Tank mine and sticky grenade FTW!
  5. RealityWarrior

Maxes do NOT set off tank mines by walking over them.
  6. BITES

I've got quite a few badges/medals for mine kills, (including TR and Vanu ones) ... which is funny since I don't even own mines.
  7. DirArtillerySupport

That could get messy in a tower fight....

Can't wait to try it!!

So what happens if you add some C4 frosting?
  8. Takoita

Could be good. C4 got its explosion range nerfed and disappears when you respawn though. Kinda puts a big downer on explosives traps everywhere. :(
  9. RealityWarrior

What I do is toss a Prox mine next to the tank mines some noob left inside a building
  10. oherror

Mines work well against MAX's that are not dedicated users. I know quite a few dedicated MAX users that run full flak. Mines will not work well vs them. that being said they are very effective vs their engineers.