Mines got nerfed?? Cant say I am impressed.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tasogie, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solvite

Anti Tank Mines.

Not anti-vehicle-grenades.

The. End.
  2. Ixal

Lol. Farming XPs? You mean the "Park ASM sunderers next to an enemy base" and "Camp spawn with tank while not moving" guys which were the primary (and only) target for mine assaults?

Mines are meant to be placed? Tell that this guy.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfZR7Tn_nFY
  3. Aerensiniac

"Mines should not be used as bombs"? Wrong, they were historically. - Wrong. There were multi purpose mines. Traditional mines were always step on trigger area denial weapons.
    "They instant kill"? So do HE tanks, Snipers, etc. Vehicles are not so hard to get that they deserve complete infantry immunity - Wrong on too many ends: removing swiss multi purpose mines does not make vehicles infantry immune, and you can use C4 that is meant for this purpose.
    "There are no counters"? Wrong. Mineguard. Very cheap, too. - Wrong. Engineers can carry up to 4 mines with the utility pouch which is more than enough to kill something even with a maxed out mine guard.
    "Its to easy to pull off"? Wrong, getting close to a guarded vehicle is very hard. - This is the only thing i will cut you some slack with. I play C4 and i know that its hard to get to a sunderer, but you need to reach it only once to kill it without fail, which is more than a balance for this fact.

Sorry. Your argument are weak at the knees.
  4. saltin

i don't mind the small delay,honestly i use mines a lot and it was a bit unfair use but the inability to drop mines on slopes is ridiculous and there is zero reason for the game to decide for me to automatically switch weapon.I am the user i am the one to decide what weapon to have at the ready.
  5. Dakkaface

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but C4 still costs twice as much as AT mines, and 7 times as much in order to kill a vehicle in one rush with two packs, right? Not saying cost is balancing, but AT mines were cheap to get, easy to stockpile, and deploy. I've seen far fewer C4 rushes than enjy rushes. Haven't played since last night, apparently before the nerf. All I heard was mines have a 1meter exclusion zone which prevents another mine from being placed, and the game swaps you to your primary weapon by default after placing a mine. I figured that was ok as a nerf. I'd prefer more mines that do less damage, so you can put down a small field of mines (10) but as far as quick response goes, it was good that it was addressed quickly.

Not being able to put mines on an incline is stupid though. That's one of the best places to put mines - on the reverse of slopes where people coming up one side can't see them til the crest the ridge and it's too late. It's a real world tactic and a classic PS1 tactic. Removing it is silly.
  6. Ixal

ROFL. Really? The german Tellermine is about as traditional as it can get when it comes to mines.
    And AT Mines are meant to be used to destroy vehicles. Something you do not want them to do.
  7. KM131

Hmm, you still can lay mines on sloped surfaces.
  8. Gumbo

I want my 100 certs back please SoE.
  9. Bierno

Never understood what was wrong with mines.. they cost alot of resource anyways and how many people are driving in tanks.. more tanks than mines by far
  10. Ixal

Mines could kill tanks. That was totally unfair for the HE farmers.
  11. Ashur

I'm not seeing the issue, if you plant them in the road as they're intended there's almost no way a tank will be able to react in time.

If you use them to suicide run sunderers then tough luck, that was a really stupid game mechanic, almost as stupid as strapping C4 to ATVs and ramming them in to tanks in BF games.
  12. Ixal

And why? Because it forced tanks to move from time to time? Because it forced people to guard Sunderers and not park them where enemies can easily jump on top of them? Because it "forced" you to invest certs in a highly effective mine counter?

A good thing that tanks in PS2 are so reliant on roads and do not have the driving physic of the Mass Effect Mako.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ashur

Because it's stupid to encourage suicide tactics in a team game
  14. Ixal

Guess, what. If people guarded sunderers it would require a team to assault it. A few guys feinting an attack and kill defenders, some guys popping smoke and some Engis trying to place mines.
  15. notyourbuddy

Mines got nerfed?? Cant say I've noticed.

Now the Sundy driver has 1.5 seconds to live instead of the usual 0.5 seconds. I'm still placing my mines right next to each other even after the nerf. Can't hardly tell the difference. Much-to-do-about-nothing.

(unless there is something subtle I missed)
    • Up x 2
  16. Gavyne

The usual over exaggeration crowd eh? Like the guy posted a complaint about a one-shot sniper rifle thinking you could one shot with any body shots. Of course ingame testing told a different story. Moral of the story is to just play the game and test things out before crying about it.

I don't see how the mines changed much.
  17. Ixal

Remember that the next time you get prevented to place mines because an ammo box is already there.
  18. zukhov

^ They didn't.

And also the idiots that don't guard their sunderers still haven't been hotfixed. Hooray!
  19. Ixal

The reason mines got nerfed probably wasn't even the whiners, but because SOE thinks they can sell more of their new heavy launcher when there is no cheaper way of Inf AT.
  20. Neodrauka

Can't say I'm surprised either. Considering the majority of threads in these forums are from whining nonsense, and not applause over such a fine game, this was bound to happen. This AT Mine war has been going strong for days now, and even now people that complain about their use still just don't get the obvious counter-measures pointed out to them. Can't teach an old dog new tricks I'm afraid.

Perhaps now everyone will move on and crap on about something else, we need to nerf guns IMO, people shoot me with them.

PS : Can't wait to see the forums explode when Orbital Strikes come out soon, depending on how they implement them. Should prove interesting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.