Mines got nerfed?? Cant say I am impressed.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tasogie, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aerensiniac

Read above: "A Mine is not a grenade nor a bomb. Even if you design a mine to be multi purpose, it will still be a mine mode and a bomb mode. So once again: sorry, but you are wrong."
    That being said, i repeat: Mines should be able to serve their role as area denial defensive weapons. I'll be the first to admit that they are too weak to do that right now.
  2. MilitiaMan

Are you not doing this right now?

Did you not just come here to complain?

They've been OP for awhile now, they needed to be nerfed a bit.
  3. Aerensiniac

You can do that with C4 yes, and nobody will complain. Mines however are not carpet bombs, its as simple as that. Please quit crying.
  4. Beartornado

Did you read the post about improving anti vehicle weaponry? Sounds like we are going to have a new dumbfire rocket launcher option that' going to do a lot more damage than the default.

Basically, the kiddos are getting the equivalent of mines with a ranged option now. Let me know how badly you want to be able to shoot engineers running up to your sundie when those heavies hide behind a cliff or in a building and fire off insta-gib rockets at your parked sundie.
  5. dhexo

NC will be buffed judging by my forum whine meter.
    • Up x 1
  6. Aerensiniac

My twin kobalts approve of this message. Please come and try.
  7. Zenox

They badly needed nerfing and even now they probably need nerfing more.

It was ret@rded that they had no arm time, did stupid amounts of damage, are practically invisible and you could put 2 of them on the same spot for an insta kill.
  8. Solvite

Where can i find the patch notes?
  9. Ixal

Rofl.
    Mines existed which could be used to close range assault, too. Heck Grenades existed which could also be used as Anti-Tank mines.
    So what makes you certain that PS2 mines should only be used as mines and not for close range assault?
    It was not unbalanced, there were many counters to it and it was quite costly resource wise. But no, whine, whine, whine...
  10. zukhov

Whats the problem? As soon as I realised what had happened I was happily blowing up unguarded sunderers again.

People still don't notice me until its too late, usually........

Much better sport now!
  11. ScorpDK

Anyone who knows how to put down mines will continue to rack up kills as before. This just stops suicide Engineers by forcing them to place them down rather than just drop them infront, ontop or below an enemy Sunderer. Tho the whole "no slope" thing is a change I don't fully agree with. What steepness are we talking about? Mining a slightly sloped road should remain possible, but placing them on steeper terrain should be a no-no.
  12. Ixal

There are non. Ninja nerf.
  13. Aerensiniac

So close, but no cigar. They lack a bit of something called "a solid argument" to pull it off.
  14. Ixal

Like mine whiners?
    Looks like a successful tactic to me...

What are the "arguments" mine whiners use?
    "Mines should not be used as bombs"? Wrong, they were historically.
    "They instant kill"? So do HE tanks, Snipers, etc. Vehicles are not so hard to get that they deserve complete infantry immunity
    "There are no counters"? Wrong. Mineguard. Very cheap, too.
    "Its to easy to pull off"? Wrong, getting close to a guarded vehicle is very hard.
  15. Corsix

I did, infact i got both, C4 can take out a MAX or a cluster of infantry, the mine could not. Can also slap C4 on a Flash and have some fun.
  16. Talizzar

Another whine thread from someone farming exp. Mines are meant to be placed. Waltzing up and tossing it on a tank or Vehicle was terrible game play admit it.
  17. Aerensiniac

Yes and swiss knives existed with built in ear wax removing spoons too. This does not mean that you can use any knife to wheel around inside your ears with.
    There was already a weapon presented for offensive use and its C4.
    There is no point in implementing that while you can use multipurpose swiss mines to kill anything whether its moving or not. THATS what makes me sure that mine bombing was not intended.
  18. Solvite

Fixed your post for you.
    • Up x 1
  19. Solvite

Yeah just imagine if SoE was the first developer in the history of gaming to completely get rid of all hacking.

Moron.
  20. Ixal

Strange. My AT Mines failed to take out that moving MAX.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.