Mines got nerfed?? Cant say I am impressed.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tasogie, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ixal

And even more sad, most whiners use arguments like "Mines should not be used as bombs" when in fact, they were used as bombs in reality.
    ("suicide" charge at 0:18)
    • Up x 2
  2. Aerensiniac

Except anti air certs wont do a damn thing against air other than shooting fireworks ala "please aim at me, im here". Your example was fine otherways tho. I mean its always easier to cry than to understand a problem and reply with arguments instead of insults.
  3. Dvine

Oh come on.

Stop that pat on the back, fake sympathetic bullpoo youre not fooling anyone, there was no point in AT Mines before and now their only reasonable use has been made difficult/useless for some. You can talk about chokepoints and blanketing and all that yadda yadda, but we both know as anyone who ever seen this game from the inside, and how the map is organized that mines just dont fit. At all!!

This game is about "spawn-->kill kill kill-->die" then repeat, there are no tactics, no significance or worth to veichles or lives at all, either you go respawn, or you respawn then wait on a veichle timer. Zerg zerg zerg, I guess they wanted to make the CoD crowd feel at home, and I think they did a good job at that.

Everyone has access to veichles for no cert/specialization cost and the CDs are so low that you get minimal downtime if you blow up. The amount of tank/sundi zerg ingame has no coundter and AT Mines weren't even making a dent in it. Mine bombing was a creative way to use something thats useless for its primary function, and make something new out of it. Thats the beauty of a sandbox game and inventive thinking, about what can you use and how.

Was it game breaking as rocketpods are? No.
    Was it punishing tankzergs, abandoned XP leech Sunderer cloning factories? Yes!
    Was it a widespread problem that actually lopsided the game and made it mandatory like rpods on ESF's? No!

Did it have a counter? Multiple! With this nerf it obsoleted this item for most and made sunderer certing less difficult as Mineguard is now officially useless as long there is a slope nearby.

I dont care aboutte AT Mines, hell I can still use them fairly well. What annoys me is that lot of people wont use them anymore at all and playing with things beyond their intended use is apparently a no go.
    • Up x 2
  4. Aerensiniac

A timed charge is not a mine. Learn the difference bro.
  5. TangoQD

This nerf IS utter ********, it doesn't even stop people from using them to explode sunderers, a better system would be to impair the vehicles ability to move, instead of doing massive amounts of damage (and then give the engineer 5 mines on the first cert).
  6. Ixal

You should learn German first. What that guy used was a "Tellermine" = plate mine.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teller_mine

Like the Hawkins Grenade, there were multi purpose devices out there, like the unnerfed mine in PS2.
  7. Aerensiniac

Nobody would sacrifice stealth or upper armor for a game design flaw like throwable mines. Face it: A mine is a defensive item to control choke points and access. Not a sling it around bag of C4 V2.0
  8. JokeForgrim

Have they nerfed proximity mines yet? Those things suck.

*Walks through door, see's little explosive symbol (can't tell whether friendly or not)... DEAD*
  9. Ixal

History disagrees with you.
    And they were not throwable.
    • Up x 1
  10. Corsix

A mine is an explosive that explodes when triggered, why you couldnt throw it face down and have it explode is a mystery best solved with poorly written Lore. Balance in game should not be based on real life applications. In real life they have scanners and special vehicles for dealing with mines, which come in the thousands and are a serious threat, in PS2 you're better off having a team of coordinated HA's with rockets than coordinated engineers laying mines.

Also about C4, i use it as a mine/grenade all the time, i either throw it at people and detonate it on them, or i lay it as a trap and wait for them to step on it before blowing it, sounds kind of like a mine doesnt it? WE MUST FIX THIS, ONE THING CANNOT BE LIKE THE OTHER ><
  11. Aerensiniac

Allow me to quote from the URL you just gave me:
    Thank you for the explanation though.
    Debunked. Sorry that i had to burst your bubble, but next time please read what you link instead of attacking someone head on.
    A Mine is not a grenade nor a bomb. Even if you design a mine to be multi purpose, it will still be a mine mode and a bomb mode. So once again: sorry, but you are wrong.
  12. Ixal

Except that the mine used in the video was triggered in a different way. Doesn't change that it was originally a mine.
    So we have a multi purpose device which can be used as a mine or bomb (like the Hawkins Grenade). Unbelievable.

Better explanation here: http://www.sproe.com/m/mine-tellermine.html
  13. Dvine

Its called a tradeoff/specialization, for every upside there should be a downside, hence the fact that all those options occupied the same slot. In acient timesthey called it "balance" or the "price of a choice", you cant and shouldnt have it all :D
  14. Tasogie

I stopped using them now, no point when I was on the ramp to the base, it wont drop thme in a 5 deg incline.... wasting my time.
  15. Aerensiniac

Sorry, i got no problems with that. C4 is like that and it works correctly. A remote detonation sachet.
    With the pre-patch mines there was no reason to choose C4 over anti tank mines. Thats all there is to the story.
  16. Ixal

Because AT Mines were so useful in a BioDome...
    • Up x 1
  17. Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh

We did.
  18. Uben Qui

What are you even talking about? You seriously want to try and rope me into some whine category that is upset because you used mines like C4? That you came in seen a broken tool and found a use for and want to keep the tool broken? While we have a tool that works just like that?

How are they ever going to add new tools that we need with people thinking like that? I am not patting you on the back and saying "ha ha now my tank is safe." Your tank is not safe. I will blow that jalopy up with C4 any time you are stupid enough to give me the chance. Sundy? Same thing. BOOM.

I am not on the winning side here. There is your side with the 'broken tool is fine' argument. Them on the other side with the 'we don't like any bombs in the game' argument... and a couple of us face palming while we pine for mines to be added to the game. :rolleyes:
  19. Aerensiniac

Yep, the only exception from the rule.
    Honestly, you misunderstand my point though.
    In my opinion mines should be severely buffed to cover larger area and one shot vehicles that run over it without a guard. That you see would give a reason to spec mine guard, to actually use the sniper's dart to scan for mines, to thread lightly. I do not however approve of it used as C4.

Mines should serve the role they have been made for and i will be the first to admit that they cant do that atm cause they are small and not strong enough.
    Its the same thing as with AA. Even if its meant to be used as deterring, it should be at least strong enough to do that. Otherwise there is no point to its existence.
  20. Monnor

So .. mines suck , good , i will farm 700 cert and blow your ****** sunderers up with c4, and i spend more points into Light assault to fly over your idiots heads and throw it at your face. No problem , really. This things are made exactly to do what they do. And there are mineguards to prevent it. So but it was easyer to whine long enough to nerf it, THEN ******* READ WHICH UPGRADES YOU HAVE.
    It makes me angry, and like i said whiners hear devs first, but never ask them, did you use your mineguard, which answer would be, uuhh nooo whats that .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.