Mines got nerfed?? Cant say I am impressed.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tasogie, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tasogie

Cant believe SOE pandered tot he crybabys again :( I new it would happen. Every time they come to forums an complain devs fall over themselves to pander to them. Now mines got nerfed in a big way. Apparently. I have not been in game yet, but not happy as I worked hard to cert them up.

Not being able to drop 2 mines together now,
    or within 1 meter of each other,
    not being able to drop them on hills.
    I wonder what the next crusade the forum warriors will have nerfed....
    Each mine you drop now switches you back to your primary weapon???, that wont get annoying at all......
    It boggles my mind how the lazy sods have everything handed to them, yet refuse to use it,, in favor of dramatizing things to the point SOE panic an over react to make them happy.
  2. Tobax

That is nothing, not even a slow moving vehicle could stop within that distance.
    I use AT mines all the time and this has changed nothing for me.
    • Up x 2
  3. Ranik

Yeah that's still basically instant kill range. It probably will not at all change the AT mine instant kill issue.
  4. Tasogie

it was fine last night, point is a fully charged Vanu Tank can withstand a single mine.You need to double tap them to kill.
  5. RockHarder

Exactly, these idiotic people seem to balance based on the whines of a vocal minority. I am not going to continue playig a game where whoever cries loudest wins.

Why would they even nerf mines? What a JOKE.
  6. Ranik

To which the Tanks only option is to have mineguard equiped or instantly die.

When you NEED a piece of equipment to not instantly die.... that's not an optional upgrade is it? It's mandatory
  7. C0ldas1ce

Imagine if we got this quick of a response to the hacks, lag, framerate, and rendering issues. This would actually become a good game.
    • Up x 2
  8. Uben Qui

What did you think was going to happen when idiots were bragging about using them like C4 2.0?
    • Up x 2
  9. Tasogie

Ahh so it isnt the tankers fa;t if they die......lol
    Dont forget this laughable crusade has also done away with being able to place mines in same place twice. once it goes off, that spot is no longer useable. Not being able ot place mines on hillsides means no tank will use a road anymore .
    I love this game, but SOE really are falling over themselves to cater to the whims of the COD generation, an they are the LAST people you should ever cater too.

Yety we see all these demands crying an woe is me posts by people who REFUSE outright to use the tools they are given. because they know if they complain long enough the devs will fold.

Have you any idea how big an AT mine is in the real world ?... you dont carry half a dozen round in your field pack, trust me on that :)....
    But, AT mines will NOT insta kill a Sundy, you NEED two at a minimum. You cant now, because you cant place a mine within 1 meter square....
  10. Jestunhi

FYI, those issues take a little longer than changing a variable on a weapon.
  11. Dornez

Drop mine next to sunderer hit 4, walk 2 steps, drop the next mine....walk away

Result is still the same
    • Up x 1
  12. Recca

Have you tested it, it forces you to switch to your maingun before you can drop a second one.
  13. Dornez

did you see the hit 4 part? or 5 whichever button mines end up.
  14. C0ldas1ce

I realize that. I am just venting my frustration with the rampant problems in the game.
  15. Kaoschan

The biggest issue is the annoying weapon swap issue AND the inability to drop them on NON-flat surfaces like ... hills or slops.
    Tanks and co can drive other hills and slopes, so we should have the ability to mine these too.

Only being allowed to mine flat surfaces is a severe limitation.
    • Up x 2
  16. Tasogie

50$ says next one will be cloakers being able to cloak, so SOE will do away with it in favor of hearts an flowers camo or some such idiocy.... Or an this one I can see coming a mile away. Forcing you to use certs to buy a tank each time.....
    This was trouble with SOE back in SWG, they have this head in sand mentality that once they get enough posts on a bloody forum they go nuts an totally over react, since its obvious the player base is unhappy....lol
  17. Tasogie

Yup no tanks will use roads, instant immunity. What I find laughable is the fact sundy cert farmers refuse an will go so far as you ridicule anyone who tells them to buy mineguard, "waaa it isn't fair I have to use a tool, nerf mines!!" :)....
    I dont normally complain, but this just smacks of reactionary idiocy pandering to the young an stupidly lazy.
    • Up x 1
  18. Ixal

The biggest joke is that the one who cried most, sundie cred farmers, aren't any safer than before. But now the mines are even worse at being "real mines" as they put it. And of course tanks are safe again. Can't have something threaten the tank zerg now, can we?
  19. Deathcapt

here's the thing, people are only now starting to learn how to deal with mines. If people get killed by mines enough, they'll stop using main roads, or they'll have a mine sweeper in of a big column, if they want to move quicker. Just like real life. I think the devs didn't give the player base enough time to balance the mines as people unlocked them. I've already started seeing prowlers shooting the ground in front of them as they drive, this is as good of a strategy as any, and the mines are doing their job, they're slowing down / inconveniencing armor. Experienced tankers will learn to deal with mines, just like an experienced, sapper will learn how to deal with armor. Just like Air learns how to deal with AA, and vice versa, people learn what kills them, and they have to be careful to avoid it. Maybe something like a mine detecting add-on for a sunderer would be a better tool, than the mine guard. Additionally, I think that the mines were in a good spot right now, and people just didn't use them enough, and are currently Flavor of the month with people against vehicles.
  20. Dornez

Last I checked a tank is still wider than 1 meter. Put two mines perpendicular to the road, not parallel, the tank will still hit both at the same time.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.